Sign in to follow this  
warrior

Fatigue

No need for me... never got below 6 hours I think.

I frequently hit the fatigue limit on some of my awesome imping sessions, my priest hits it praying, my Mag friend hits it mining, it's stupid, unnecessary, and punishes people for spending days off and weekends playing Wurm all day.

I frequently hit the fatigue limit on some of my awesome imping sessions, my priest hits it praying, my Mag friend hits it mining, it's stupid, unnecessary, and punishes people for spending days off and weekends playing Wurm all day.

I am glad there are others like me :)

I've just started a new alt and im grinding rope making. I want to grind it really high before I priest because it's easier...but with this fatigue it's going take me about a month before I can actually priest my account :(

Just wait until you decide to grind prayer over 50 for the gems, takes weeks.

Well I have asked Rolf about this personally and he told me that A I play too much B he's not changing it and C it levels the playing field (all direct quotes). I would wholeheartedly agree it needs fixing. I have never seeen a game like this penalize folks for playing too much.

• Like 1

I would have to agree with both sides. Thats alot of playing...but then which developers don't want people to play their games?

Fatigue was implemented as an anti-macro device.

8 hours a day with an additional 4 hours pooled.

If you were to never take a single day off wurm... and grind uninterrupted (no eating... no bathroom breaks... no doing ANYTHING else in Wurm other than fatiguing tasks) that would give you 8 hours of fatigued tasked only game play per day.

I find it hard to believe this is being done on a day to day... week to week basis by any player without a macro of some sort running.

I wont digress into what kind of personal lifestyle would be required to sustain this kind of usage.

**EDIT** However.. on that note... I would add to this thread a suggestion that anyone that hits their fatigue marker on a regular basis be flagged and monitored for possible macro abuse.

Edited by Perryn

It's my belief that folks who hit their fatigue limit are tagged and or/checked for macro use. It is possible without using macros :) That being said there is nothing in wurm that says "you can play as much we feel like but you must pay for all time" which is what's happening to more players (albeit not many).

• Like 1

Not a problem for me. I think i remember i do hit it once or maybe it was a dream i dont know lol.

I've never hit it (joined early 2011) and played in excess of 10+ hours some days. But I do all kinds of activities when I play and not solely pure grind. I think its the hardcore grinders that hit the limit.

Yup only hard core grinder players and bots hit the limit, It works for finding the botters (or so I've been told).

Vyn priests can convert fatigue into sleep bonus, with a few priests it is easy to hit the limit, but not a good reason to increase the limit.

Fatigue is possibly a more out-of-game feature to stop players from devoting over amounts of time to Wurm Online or the computer in general. If you ever played Everquest you'd know you would get pop-up warnings about being on for 4+ hours and requested to take a break. It's just a concern usually for developers that they don't want their players playing excessively because game addiction is a real thing.

12 hours is a long time, it's half a day, and yes I understand some players have more time on their hands than others but I think after 12 hours you should be taking a break.

Edited by Crusader

I've found with mining that it's easy to mine and then take stretch breaks while keeping the mining fairly constant. It's harder to do that with crafting ofc. That being said, since there's not a "time limit" stated for playing wurm why are players being forced to log off to do the things they enjoy about wurm? I'll never understand it.

Fatigue doesn't force players to log off. They can do any non-fatiguing activities still (ya ya i know... whats NOT a fatiguing activity... hrm... good question really... what IS a non fatiguing activity in Wurm?)

I've never once hit the fatigue timer in over two years, not even when afk spam praying on my priest while grinding on my main. As some others suggest, if you hit the fatigue, maybe it's time to take a break and go for a walk.

Just wait until you decide to grind prayer over 50 for the gems, takes weeks.

It's 50 faith btw.

Keep the timer, but just make it send off a flag to the gms when you hit your end of fatigue. Allow players to keep going, just have a GM do a macrocheck on them.

• Like 5

Keep the timer, but just make it send off a flag to the gms when you hit your end of fatigue. Allow players to keep going, just have a GM do a macrocheck on them.

This

I asked for this and was turned down. Rolf has a strong aversion to allowing anyone to gain an "advantage" by playing more as he told me.

I asked for this and was turned down. Rolf has a strong aversion to allowing anyone to gain an "advantage" by playing more as he told me.

With all due respect, that is the most idiotic statement I've ever heard.

• Like 1

I think that characters that reach the fatigue limit should still be able to do actions but not gain any skills until their fatigue time increases back to over 1 hour.

thats a really good idea, I see no reason why this couldn't be implemented

Here's hoping this thread can help Rolf see that this does actually need fixing rather then just blowing players off :)

With all due respect, that is the most idiotic statement I've ever heard.

I'm inclined to agree (damn this lack of quoting within quotes). My suggestion would be to allow GM's to reset someone's fatigue with the wand or a command.
  • Like 2