Sign in to follow this  
Keldun

Some Advanced Types Of Lamps And Lights.

With all the complaining about how hard it is to keep large deeds and heritage sites lit I thought about some high level alternatives:

How about making lamps out of gems, that can be enchanted with a light token and charged with favor. It would stay lit for as long as the charge lasts, which could be weeks or months on high ql and a full charge.

Might even be possible for non priests to recharge with charged gems.

I don't know hop the new Karma lighting works, but if it summons fuel into the lamps, that would be weird, if it gives you that noob aura on the other hand, that would be great.

But I would also go with a simmilar idea to the above: make chrystal lamps that glow as long as they are filled with enough source.

Edited by Keldun
  • Like 1

Just revert the dumb change already.

Seriously, removing everfueled/lit lamps for realism - then adding karma which you can get from drinking from some pink magical unicorn urine that allows you to autolight lamps? Am I the only person who thinks that's just stupid?

• Like 3

Adding complexity and fixing things that are not broken to start with (like the autofill lamps we've had for 5 years) and introducing more menial tasks to a sandbox game like oil and barrels to keep lights lit never gives the player a value add. It makes Wurm "work". We have enough "work" and "chores" to do on a daily basis, these recent changes only made the game into a more dull grind/chore fest where people literally are getting to the point where they need to make up a To Do list before they logon to a game. Farm, groom horses, light lamps/make oil/harvest olives, ad nauseum. It's the functional equivalent of having to let the cat out, of having to shovel walks and mow lawns and run the kids to soccer practice IRL. Dull, unenjoyable timesinks.

It's menial chorework that fixes a problem that never, ever existed.

Just revert the dumb change already.

Seriously, removing everfueled/lit lamps for realism - then adding karma which you can get from drinking from some pink magical unicorn urine that allows you to autolight lamps? Am I the only person who thinks that's just stupid?

This.

What next, a special outhouse building - the privy? Which we then have to periodically use to answer calls of nature? And then an the addition of a new enchantment or karma spell that removes our need to urinate so that we don't have to use the new mechanic so often?

yet another suggestion for priests to have a way to get around the nerf. No thanks! Come back with an idea everyone can use and maybe i'll support it.

They already last long time. Since this patch i've filled my lamps once. (which were not even empty yet). Let things flesh out and see how long lamps actually last.

BTW anyone else notice it is already olive season? My olive trees are "soon be ripe" already.