Sign in to follow this  
Smebb

Price Check On Sprouts

How much do people usually buy/sell sprouts in bulk? I'd like to know the prices for all tree types and bushes (in batches of 100) and what the minimum quality is that people expect. This is for the Freedom Isles people only.

Also if possible I'd like to know how much do flowers go for, if at all?

Thanks in advance.

You're unlikely to sell flowers. As for sprouts, I've never really seen a definitive price - they could be valued at 10i each with "standard" methods for valuing items, but could also be put at somewhere closer to 1c each seeing as they're hard to store and gather. Imho I'd go for ~30c per 100 sprouts,

One problem with sold sprouts is that they're often sold as a "random quality," meaning that a buyer won't really know what to expect. If you listed sprouts as "at least 10 ql with no damage" then you're likely to sell a lot more as buyer confidence will be boosted drastically.

Yeah, I was going to go for selling with a minimum of 60ql of sprouts. I have about 30 gardening and I still fail with planting on the odd occasion. I should have put that in my original post, absolute minimum would be 50ql with no damage on any.

Edited by Smebb

Minimum 50ql would probably fetch at least 50c per 100, maybe closer to 1s per 100. It depends how much people are willing to pay for sprouts that you virtually can't fail with!! :D

I'd recommend gathering some data on success chances at different sprout levels. Try to plant a load of sprouts between ql ranges (e.g. 20-30, 30-40) and see how much each range fails. If 50+ has a success chance 5 times higher than 1-10 then you'd have a very good selling point! :D

I sold 100 oak sprouts for 10s, but there is no way i could ever get that for Cedar or other common trees.

It depends on the sprout itself, the harder it is to find / get sprouts the higher the price,

I was told generally 1c per sprout (1s per 100) for Pine & Birchwood and a bit more for other trees like 2-3c and 10c or so for oak iirc.

I've bought about 600 sprouts at this price, i have a few who are generally my go to when i need them lol.

hope that helps ;)

I recently sold 60 apple tree sprouts with an average quality of 49 for 90c with free delivery. The price really depends on demand and willingness to deliver and/or how desperate the buyer wants them.

OK, thank you very much for the input and replies it's very much appreciated. I'm going to follow your advice Docterchese and gather some data on planting success, skill and quality level of sprouts.

Course the value (how much its in demand and used) of the wood helps. Oaks are useful primarily as the last part for charcoal piles. Some prefer to make wooden tools from oak (I myself included); however, the game does not currently give oak any special tool usage. Oaks are slow growing, picky, and not as well populated by the game.

Willow is best for making bows (almost as picky growing as oaks; though, more abundant). Maple and cedar are handy for arrows. Cedar is also prized for containers. Maple and Grapes are used in winemaking. Thorns have some minor defensive possibilities due to the dmg dealt at certain ages.

Some recent changes will most likely cause an increased demand for olive sprouts.

I guess the sprouts used for planting hedges would be more interesting as they get own looks too.

As for planting sprouts, damage makes a big factor i have found, I rarely ever fail with non damaged sprouts of any ql (35 gardening), but if i have 70-80 ql sprouts with 40-50 dmg the fail rate increases a lot.

Anyone try wraping the sprouts to prevent damage?

I guess the sprouts used for planting hedges would be more interesting as they get own looks too.

As for planting sprouts, damage makes a big factor i have found, I rarely ever fail with non damaged sprouts of any ql (35 gardening), but if i have 70-80 ql sprouts with 40-50 dmg the fail rate increases a lot.

That is similar with 73 gardening.

You're unlikely to sell flowers. As for sprouts, I've never really seen a definitive price - they could be valued at 10i each with "standard" methods for valuing items, but could also be put at somewhere closer to 1c each seeing as they're hard to store and gather. Imho I'd go for ~30c per 100 sprouts,

One problem with sold sprouts is that they're often sold as a "random quality," meaning that a buyer won't really know what to expect. If you listed sprouts as "at least 10 ql with no damage" then you're likely to sell a lot more as buyer confidence will be boosted drastically.

u can make some money off flowers. Flowers are very good for grazing animals. u plant the flowers and then re harvest the flowers and u end up with a grass tile for them to graze on. So imo if you can get some high ql flowers you can probably make a decent proffit off of selling them in batches of 100.

There are very rare spotted flowers - you can certainly make something if you find some of them.

however, the game does not currently give oak any special tool usage
Pretty sure oak has been shown to take less dmg?

Anyone try wraping the sprouts to prevent damage?

I have tried wrapping them, it is a very time consuming process. They do preserve the sprouts and only the gift box itself decays. But 2 minutes per sprout... There are better ways to preserve sprouts.

I completely forgot about the hedges in the recent update! I'll have to look into them, I wasn't even curious enough to make one when all the fuss was going on.

Pretty sure oak has been shown to take less dmg?

Oak does exactly that. Reduce damage taken by use.

Oak does exactly that. Reduce damage taken by use.

Ah good to see thats been verified. Never bothered to test it with non-oak tools.

Well I did some testing. These are sprouts with NO damage, with a character that started with 23'ish gardening. I planted 100 of each quality:

40ql sprouts - 86

50ql sprouts - 82

60ql sprouts - 91

70ql sprouts - 97

80ql sprouts - 95

I couldn't get 100 90ql sprouts so I didn't test them. It ended up with 24.44 gardening, so I gained maybe just over a point of skill.

I was very surprised to get those statistics, I must have been very lucky. Can someone else experiment please? I'm curious to know if I was just lucky or not.