Sign in to follow this  
Smokie

Fuel Indicator

I think that now we have to keep an eye on lamps and street lamps that a fuel indicator of some sort would be nice. So that when examined it will tell you approximately how much fuel is left or how long the lamp, fire source ect will last.

pagebreak.jpg

Can we get some GM's or DEV's to answer this as nobody has a clue on how lamps actually operate.

Would be nice to see if tar or oil is being used. Which raises another question. If I filled lamp with tar and put oil in halfway, is it now full of all oil or all tar? or does the tar get used up and then the oil?

(player confirmation) http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/64159-lampshow-do-they-work/

pagebreak.jpg

Edited by Smokie
  • Like 1

Would be even nicer if it was simply on mouseover instead of having to 'examine' them all the time.

"Silver Hanging Lamp (lit, 30% full)"

Or perhaps only if it's running out:

"Silver Hanging Lamp (lit, almost empty)"

"Silver Hanging Lamp (unlit, empty)"

Edited by Tinkerer

Maybe it could be mouseover after a certain firemaking skill.

• Like 2

Heh, yeah, I was trying to think if there was a skill to attach that to. Firemaking didn't occur to me though. Nice one.

Sounds just right,

fuel indication on examine,

mouse over indicator on firemaking skill.

I read the title of the thread and opened the thread to say this:

Awesome! Somehow I feel someone has stolen my idea but who cares. I was too lazy to drop it in suggestions so, my bad. :D

How comes, all others on your ignore list? :P

Awesome! Somehow I feel someone has stolen my idea but who cares. I was too lazy to drop it in suggestions so, my bad. :D

Its been mentioned quiet a bit in-game and the other dev blogs. I came to +1 it but couldn't find one so just made one :P

Nah, I didn't know anyone had said it yet ;)

Mouseovers are good. Perhaps even a visual indicator for when the lamp is really low, such as flickering or less bright.

Why so esoteric? What's wrong with some numbers? In a real lamp you could easily check the fill level, no need to make it a mystery. These lamps aren't magic.

Edited by picommander

Why so esoteric? What's wrong with some numbers? In a real lamp you could easily check the fill level, no need to make it a mystery. These lamps aren't magic.

Thinking the same thing.

"The lantern has 0.07kg of tar/oil left" Maybe show numbers with high skill. At lower skill the same idea is used as forges, ovens, campfires.

Would be nice to see if tar or oil is being used. Which raises another question. If I filled lamp with tar and put oil in halfway, is it now full of all oil or all tar? or does the tar get used up and then the oil?

me too, +1

also very interested in an answer to Smokies question:

"Would be nice to see if tar or oil is being used. Which raises another question. If I filled lamp with tar and put oil in halfway, is it now full of all oil or all tar? or does the tar get used up and then the oil?"

Same here. We all have the same idea about it XD

+1