Sign in to follow this  
MattSquare

Griefers On Exodus

Some griefers named Flamesll, Darknesslll, and Creation set up a camp outside my village a few nights ago. I let it go, thinking they were just noobs, until they started clearcutting my forest. I told them to replant, and they did nothing but refuse and give me wise cracks. I later found out that they had been doing the same to others on Exodus. I urge all citizens of Exodus to KoS these griefers now.

[20:16:01] <XXXXX> There's a big chunk of land behind our deed that is clearcut with the logs just on the ground and nothing is replanted. I'm wondering if it's their work.

I have also heard they are taking stuff and bashing walls, although they were booted from my area before they could do that to me.

Edited by MattSquare

Cutting down a forest is not griefing, and if you let them clearcut on your deed that is your fault.

Clearcutting is one thing, refusing to replant is griefing, maybe not punishable by GM action, but it is an action meant to cause grief to another player. And they have been doing it to other people too, not just me.

Or maybe it is a sandbox game and you can't force others to do what you want them to do? Let alone, *shrugs* maybe they need wood or are skilling up woodcutting?

Edited by Alyeska

While it maybe upsetting, you must understand that what they are doing is not griefing. You can ask players to replant but you cannot expect them to or claim it as griefing if they dont.

Anyone that wants to protect trees should give them some sort of security, you have to do something yourself and not rely on others to do it for you.

While it maybe upsetting, you must understand that what they are doing is not griefing. You can ask players to replant but you cannot expect them to or claim it as griefing if they dont.

Anyone that wants to protect trees should give them some sort of security, you have to do something yourself and not rely on others to do it for you.

100% agree.

Unfortunate but preventable nonetheless.

Maybe they're newbies and decided skilling woodcutting would be an awesome start?

Sounds like a work around, Obviously if they are moving around and close to others deeds, it's intentional.Perhaps just a fluke that 2 Players now stated they have done the same. So Oracle If they do it to 2 others deed it's not an act done on purpose. What if they continue? 10 deeds 20 deeds? Is there a common sense line anywhere that comes into play when it's done repetedly to others? Ok so it happen x2 and it's only trees you can plant back easily enough, trees grow back fast aswell. But at some point it becomes a very unpleasing experience to many players and not just 2 players concerned they will cause stress on others?

Perhaps at least say, if it happens enough that action could be taken, not there's no hope and cutting a whole forest next to someones deed without asking or replanting would never even be looked at.

Or is it all a clever game to make Players enlarge their deed? (something to think about)

Tumbling, Twisting, Turning

well I think it's atleast his right to warn others about them , they can still decide themselves if they set them on kos....

and btw, what IS griefing exactly? when not an harmful action towards other players on purpose? and it seems to be clearly on purpose, because they answered and gave him those "wise" cracks? instead of just moving to a forest where no one lifes to clearcut it O.o

[19:43:40] <XXXXX> those guys been loiting near me and taking stuff from friends

[19:46:15] <XXXXX> could do without repairing damaged fences

It's griefing.

Sounds like a work around, Obviously if they are moving around and close to others deeds, it's intentional

Yeah, about 30 tiles off my deed.

They have also destroyed a huge chunk of mount tundra. Its sad to look at.

and btw, what IS griefing exactly? when not an harmful action towards other players on purpose? and it seems to be clearly on purpose, because they answered and gave him those "wise" cracks? instead of just moving to a forest where no one lifes to clearcut it O.o

As per the Freedom rules ...

Griefing

Griefing is any harassment such as, defamation of character (insulting their race, gender, creed, nationality or sexuality), continuous use of unfavorable emotes, or failure to abide to a GM instruction.

Griefing in wurm and the actual definition of Griefing are two different things. Sad. But true. Wurm put their own spin on the word and called it such.

If the real definition was used here, what they are doing is Griefing. Since its not. Well sucks to say they win here.. Their is a reason why their are channels on youtube dedicated to Griefing players in this game. It is acceptable.

Edited by tintin
  • Like 1

continuous use of unfavorable emotes

is worse than ruining the beauty of this game, For the sole intenten to Annoy another Player?

thats, pretty close to the stuff that falls from a horses rearend.

They used to live by me, back in April.

They just started out and were trying to learn the game in a rather hostile environment, (had 2 troll dens spawning 4-5 champs a day) so they set up just outside my place, since I had a guard/tower. I think they quit after a week, as I never saw their names appear in village chat (they set up outside my deed, I just invited them for a nearer spawn).

Maybe they've recently come back and are re-learning the game. Maybe they are doing it to grief now, but they never did before. Either way, I think people are too attached to the land they don't pay to protect, especially without at least closing it off.

People should be decent enough not to just clearcut land unless they plan on replanting it. It doesn't look good and it's a bit rude to the people that live there. It isn't that hard to replant and you can certainly get the same amount of logs by cutting half the trees in an area double the size

Why the hell was this thread bumped again? These griefers are probably not even playing anymore

• Like 1