Sign in to follow this  
Aldur

No Limit On Citizenship

What I propose is to allow one player to be citizen of many deeds.

The reason for this proposal is as follows: easier sharing of the deed with allies, more control over deed permissions, allowing allies to do certain limited things available only to citizens (destroy bonus, sign planting), allowing members of other alliances to be part of the deed and so on.

All of the above made or still makes problems for my alliance. I'm in fact surprised there is a limit like that, is there a reason for it?

Edited by Aldur

All of what you are asking for can be done in other ways.

You can be citizen on a deed on every server, being a citizen on multiple deeds on the same server will lead to other problems.

Switch deeds for a day and switch back after 24h have passed is only one way.

One reason: multiple village chats. Another reason: Suicide travel being even MORE effective than now.

Eh i guesss

Edited by Kingtren

Honorary village member. Manageable under village settings, you can add individual players to a role

You can be citizen on a deed on every server, being a citizen on multiple deeds on the same server will lead to other problems.

Working around things isn't always so easy. For example I am "living" on friends deed and myself holding our local harbor, so I can't just switch citizenship when something needs to be bashed, I have to call a friend or (would) have to get a premium on alt which is hardly worth it.

It's also problematic to handle new citizens on our allies deeds, because all the settings we set up for me, are shared with them. For this reason I can't have passing all fences and have to handle keys for everything. I can't have forestry since many trees are off fenced areas, I have to manually swap this setting through alt every time I need to chop something.

My other friends deed has similar problem now, the gates can't be unlocked for every ally so she (or me) will need to make a million key copies, which are I think purposefully so annoyingly hard to make.

Bottom line is, all this could be easily managed if we could be citizens on all deeds where we need to be. There are enough problems in this game to deal with, and much harder to code fixes for, for example mine downshafts and the whole mess of 2D underground layer.

Edited by Aldur

Would it not be easier to simply add all of the deed citizen rights to an alliance set of options?

You actually cannot switch deeds straight across. Just fixing that would help a bunch.

Adding specific names to the citizen menu would work.

Nice work with that suggestion, Kianga. I really like that! Of course, the easiest and most practical is still - to lift the citizen limit, no need to design new ui, no need to recode half the permission system, we all see how long it takes the team to do anything in game, so I'd rather get a working solution than perfect but never-going-to-happen one.

I really strongly believe this is the way to go, any problems associated with that are surely easier to fix than rebuilding entire permission system.

How would you deal with spawn points then? This suggestion creates much more work than you think.

Why do I have to deal with them? I'm not sure what kind of abuse you are implying with this. Tell me precisely what is the problem and I will tell you how to do fix it.

If one belongs to multiple villages they will have multiple spawn points which is prone to abuse by suicide (for lack of better terms teleporting.) The only feasible way to remedy this would be to allow only one spawn point and requiring a player to travel to another deed to set their spawn point.

Fixing this is less work that the change itself. Just preserve current system as main citizenship, allow swapping main citizenship every 24h and check for main citizenship when spawn point list is generated.