Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Turning Up The Steam Heat

Oh yeah...I also tried to use normal iron pendulum on the tile. Which resulted in a "The pendulum seems dead."

If the tile is not producing anything than it surely should not yield a positive message, and might well indicate a dead spot.

Need to find a working source, and test around that with a pendulum, with varying enchantments, etc.

:lol: Found 4 "Source crystal" while mining out 1 tile.

When source crystal is examined "[20:21:35] This is a translucent pink, glittering crystal containing the Source - the essense of the future."

When placed into a source spring "[21:24:49] The source crystal will not fit in the source spring."

But I think I'm getting closer...

can you combine or create something from source crystals and water maybe? :P

or essence would mean extracting? so maybe using a press on it or something? maybe also heat it up?

Edited by Miretta

I wonder if this source crystals stuff can be mined from any tile or just specific ones?

can you combine or create something from source crystals and water maybe? :P

or essence would mean extracting? so maybe using a press on it or something? maybe also heat it up?

Good thinking I'll try that. I tried to combine them and didn't get the option.

I wonder if this source crystals stuff can be mined from any tile or just specific ones?

I heard any tile, just like gems. The tile I got 4 from was 1 tile away from the source spring (mined right under the spring and then mined the side wall)

EDIT: Hmmm heating it up didn't do anything. Fruit press also didn't work. Tried to place in source spring while glowing hot too. Tried to combine with water. Tried to use on small/large anvil. No luck.

- Tried to activate hammer and r-clicking the crystal gives "crush" option. I tried to crush it but nothing is happening, no event message.

Edited by Smokie

I heard any tile, just like gems. The tile I got 4 from was 1 tile away from the source spring (mined right under the spring and the mine the side wall)

Did you try moving the fountain till over that tile you found the source-crystals?

I tried to sac a source crystal...nothing happened. Just got the message "[02:54:34] A strange sound is emitted from the altar of Vynora as Vynora gladly accepts your offerings."

Did you try moving the fountain till over that tile you found the source-crystals?

Move a ornate fountain inside the mine?

source springs cannot be moved and I dont think source fountain can be moved either.

Maybe it needs a bigger hammer (maul) to crush the crystals?

Reading all the comments makes me think that the source springs and fountains are bugged ( this doesnt suprise me at all) so could we get a confirmation from the devs that this is bugged or not?

- Just tried small maul, large maul, iron hammer, wood mallet and shod club. All give "crush" option but nothing seemed to happen and no event message. Also, tried when crystal was glowing hot.

- Tried to use with plank. No luck.

- Tried holding in hands and crushing. No luck.

- Tried to activate and r-click on body, head, hands ect. No luck.

- Travelled to a "source fountain" and tried to place crystal in that. "[10:50:27] The source crystal will not fit in the source fountain."

Edited by Smokie

WTF!

• Why does every new feature in wurm have to have this period where we have no idea what's going on.

• This is how game mechanics end up wasted as secrets of a few.

• Just tell is what they do and what they are for when you release them.

• If we wanted to waste time guessing we'd play wheel of fortune!

Stop crying, Joan. This isn't WoW, we don't need a dumbed down water version of missions with signs pointing everywhere and holding our hand every step of the game.

Edited by Postes

Stop crying, Joan. This isn't WoW, we don't need a dumbed down water version of missions with signs pointing everywhere and holding our hand every step of the game.

Giving basic information to newly added features isn't exactly dumbing things down.

• Like 1

We tried literally everything, including artifacts, and nothing worked

We tried literally everything, including artifacts, and nothing worked

Did you try olive oil? *grin*

Good thinking I'll try that. I tried to combine them and didn't get the option.

I heard any tile, just like gems. The tile I got 4 from was 1 tile away from the source spring (mined right under the spring and then mined the side wall)

EDIT: Hmmm heating it up didn't do anything. Fruit press also didn't work. Tried to place in source spring while glowing hot too. Tried to combine with water. Tried to use on small/large anvil. No luck.

- Tried to activate hammer and r-clicking the crystal gives "crush" option. I tried to crush it but nothing is happening, no event message.

^ Fruit press.. LOL

<_< Do you have anything you've discovered about the source items that you'd like to share with the class? Anything......at all? ;)

I wouldn't reveal information when on a PvP server personally.

Except there is a difference between secret and glitched. That is why i asked at the previous page for a dev to comment on this and tell us if this is glitched or not. Because 95% of the things rolf releases is broken in some way or does not work at all.

All give "crush" option but nothing seemed to happen and no event message.

A perfect example of a glitched item released by rolf

Edited by atazs

Smokie has probably tested more than the Mongols, so props for keeping everyone updated.

I personally believe this feature is still bugged, and needs Rolf to fix things.

Multiple people who have reported drinking from a source spring also reported getting 10 karma from that. I put that information on a new wiki page for karma.

Smokie has probably tested more than the Mongols, so props for keeping everyone updated.

I personally believe this feature is still bugged, and needs Rolf to fix things.

Yes thank you Smokie for your efforts on understanding these new features as well as your generosity and respect for the Wurm community as a whole by sharing your results for everyone to learn from.

We appreciate your input and contributions to the general Wurm knowledge bank server and cluster wide.