Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Turning Up The Steam Heat

Is there a way to find out how much Karma you have?

You have to look at the power in Spell Effects

Okay, here's my sorta review.

Capturing Towers - Okay I guess, it's very hard for a small group to do which is a good thing. I think it should require 10-20 people considering the time and effort it takes into making a tower, but I question what the point of capturing a tower is. It's like if you build a tower, you are expected to defend it, you wouldn't build one 500+ tiles away in the middle of nowhere just for the sake of building a tower, at least I wouldn't. The /kingdoms % means nothing, having more land gives no advantage, so what's the reason for me to go south and capture BL towers that I'm not going to defend? I don't live there, they can capture them back, so... what? It seems like more of just an ingame proper way to annoy enemies, but it doesn't really increase PvP much.

The same thing sort of applies to battle camps. They're just guard towers with stronger guards, and a few of their locations are silly. One is on top of a mountain where no one lives, no one travels through, and likely will never see. I guess it encourages people to go out and capture them, but only to such an extent. Most people will realize eventually that they do nothing, and your kingdom can easily succeed without any, they give no advantage or bonuses. Is it worth the hassle to kill a bunch of guards for a tower in the middle of the woods and 2 rank? ..Not really.

The update is okay. I can understand that these updates and battle camps are meant to encourage players to go out and capture them, but there's no value in capturing them.

There is some sort of battle rank bonus for capturing a tower.

Edited by GravityDog

Rolf may be laying the groundwork to make kingdom influence impact events more, especially with epic missions. Although, kingdom influence already provides advantages. Theres a bonus to CR, the Ol' Epeen stroking, allied critter spawn, mycelium (BL only), and the defensive buffer.

The further someone has to travel to attack from their main location, the more they are at a disadvantage. Never underestimate the value of a nearby fortified, deeded base to operate from.

An active enough kingdom can use influence to deny the permanent exploitation of vital resources. Plenty of fighting in Wurm over resources ranging from high ql mines to the Altars.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

The hedges are awesome, and I can't wait to see how different they all look. Will we get to be able to build archways for them too?

Okay, here's my sorta review.

Capturing Towers - Okay I guess, it's very hard for a small group to do which is a good thing. I think it should require 10-20 people considering the time and effort it takes into making a tower, but I question what the point of capturing a tower is. It's like if you build a tower, you are expected to defend it, you wouldn't build one 500+ tiles away in the middle of nowhere just for the sake of building a tower, at least I wouldn't. The /kingdoms % means nothing, having more land gives no advantage, so what's the reason for me to go south and capture BL towers that I'm not going to defend? I don't live there, they can capture them back, so... what? It seems like more of just an ingame proper way to annoy enemies, but it doesn't really increase PvP much.

The same thing sort of applies to battle camps. They're just guard towers with stronger guards, and a few of their locations are silly. One is on top of a mountain where no one lives, no one travels through, and likely will never see. I guess it encourages people to go out and capture them, but only to such an extent. Most people will realize eventually that they do nothing, and your kingdom can easily succeed without any, they give no advantage or bonuses. Is it worth the hassle to kill a bunch of guards for a tower in the middle of the woods and 2 rank? ..Not really.

The update is okay. I can understand that these updates and battle camps are meant to encourage players to go out and capture them, but there's no value in capturing them.

Suggestions for more impact of kingdom influence?

so now the people lucky enough to get random stuff near them can auto light lamps and the rest cant,great

For the people who wonder about karma:

G38a.png

G38m.png

The Light up ones mean filling and lighting up lanterns in the radius I think.

Summon corpse is apparently bringing back your corpse if it hasn't been looted yet

Town Portal is like a twig back home, but like twigs it can't be used when there's an enemy in local

Really? This is why lamps were nerfed? Really?

• Like 3

Suggestions for more impact of kingdom influence?

Um, give me like a day to think about it, and I'll post back here.

So I get the impression that Karma is only useable by Priests? ref:

You have to look at the power in Spell Effects

Spell Effects? Hmm... another Priest only content thing? Seeing how they pay all the bills I guess I can't complain. I will look and watch for a Wiki article about Karma and get some education.

Another good batch of very interesting new content. Thanks Rolf and Devs :)

Edited by Kyrmius

So I get the impression that Karma is only useable by Priests? ref:

Spell Effects? Hmm... another Priest only content thing? Seeing how they pay all the bills I guess I can't complain. I will look and watch for a Wiki article about Karma and get some education.

Another good batch of very interesting new content. Thanks Rolf and Devs :)

look up in the main menu ingame, there is an option called spell effects

Well I tried the following with "source spring" and no luck:

- Filling the source spring with water. Holds 0.01 kg of water and nothing seems to happen. Left it over night and tried to drink it multiple times.

- Only 1 item will fit into the source that I have tried. That is gems. Nothing seem to happen.

- I dug the tile down to rock. Only dirt.

- I tried to tunnel and create a mine entrance on the tile and got the message "[15:55:42] A source spring on the surface disturbs your operation." Won't allow you to create entrance on the tile.

- Have tried equipping many tools and r-clicking the tile and source spring. Nothing out of the ordinary.

[16:03:11] You let out heavy curses over the source spring. :angry:

Edited by Smokie

gems fit? in that case did you also try vesseled gems?

Or, you know, source gems, lol.

No didn't try vesseled gems. I just have ordinary gems.

Or, you know, source gems, lol.

Source gems? What are those?

Do you mean "source crystals"? Heard them mentioned a few times in chat and forum.

Towering conquering seems very random in terms of guards. Anytime you conquer, it spawns guards including higher ranking ones like captains and lieutenants, sometimes even 2 lieutenants will spawn and they hit pretty dang hard. We captured one, got 2 waves of guards, then 8 mines of nothing. Next capture we got over 6+ waves, and just flooded with multiple guards and three lieutenants. The only difference was we had 4 less people there, not sure if the number of guards spawned is in relation to amount conquering.

Overall I like the system - it's not too hard, and it's not too easy. I don't like that it gives battle rank (same with HotA pillars), I think rank is purely something from killing players, going up to a tower and waiting 10 minutes shouldn't give you rank. It already gives you more kingdom % which is the point of towers. Another issue is the guard tower model doesn't change, if you're Jenn-Kellon and capture a HotS tower, it remains HotS, but will say Jenn-Kellon. That might be very deceiving to enemies and confusing, and they may mistake it for a bug.

[17:25:10] Entendu 578 is being conquered. appears 10 times in "Deaths" tab. Is it really needed? I don't know if it's needed 10 times. I think it'd be better if it was like this:

Entendu 578 has begun to be conquered!

Entendu 578 is half-way conquered!

Etendu 578 has been conquered!

Something more simple than just a Deaths spam, and also possibly a new tab thats "Epic" instead of "Deaths"

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

Well I tried the following with "source spring" and no luck:

- Filling the source spring with water. Holds 0.01 kg of water and nothing seems to happen. Left it over night and tried to drink it multiple times.

- Only 1 item will fit into the source that I have tried. That is gems. Nothing seem to happen.

- I dug the tile down to rock. Only dirt.

- I tried to tunnel and create a mine entrance on the tile and got the message "[15:55:42] A source spring on the surface disturbs your operation." Won't allow you to create entrance on the tile.

- Have tried equipping many tools and r-clicking the tile and source spring. Nothing out of the ordinary.

[16:03:11] You let out heavy curses over the source spring. :angry:

Take out the water and see if it refills on its own. The source springs I played with on test would sometimes have a "source" liquid to drink. High quality makes you want to sing event message, and didnt fill thirst much if at all.

Take out the water and see if it refills on its own. The source springs I played with on test would sometimes have a "source" liquid to drink. High quality makes you want to sing event message, and didnt fill thirst much if at all.

No, the one I found has been empty the entire time and I haven't put anything in it for 24+ hours. I'm guessing that these springs and fountains are not fully implemented yet. Do you remember what season or wurm time it was on test server when you found source inside?

Anyone tried to locate source springs with pendulums? Blessed pendulums? Deity-enchanted pendulums? Courier-enchanted pendulums? (Courier can be cast on a few other things other than wells and mailboxes - I had it cast on a small sailboat once.)

Edited by Farmerbob

Anyone tried to locate source springs with pendulums? Blessed pendulums? Deity-enchanted pendulums? Courier-enchanted pendulums? (Courier can be cast on a few other things other than wells and mailboxes - I had it cast on a small sailboat once.)

Oh yeah...I also tried to use normal iron pendulum on the tile. Which resulted in a "The pendulum seems dead."