Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Turning Up The Steam Heat

Our twitter and tumblr accounts have been suspended for unknown reasons so I write update notes here now.

I'm going on vacation now and server development will be slower until I'm back except for important bugfixes and tweaks and the random code attack on lag.

We're turning up the steam heat with todays update:

* Hedges! There are 7 types of hedges available to plant. They grow slowly in two steps to full height. They all look the same until the graphics guys create the different models. Wild Growth works on deeds where you're allowed to chop old trees.

* Conquering towers! You may now conquer remote enemy guard towers on Elevation. By remote I mean towers that can be conquered without interfering with village kingdom. This will reinstate kingdom expansion.

* War targets! There are certain war targets such as fortifications and battle camps that can be conquered in order to expand your kingdom as well. These use tower models for the time being.

* Changes to Chaos - non-premium alts were used to conquer pillars so only premiums can do that now. Another exploitability with non-allied alts prevented boats from being claimed so that changed as well.

* Karma! You may run into "Source springs" and related artifacts on all servers. The Source is a pinkish salty liquid that is said to contain the essence of the future and an enigma even to the Deities. It has some uses mainly related to your new Karma factor but can apparently be used for certain creation. Positive Karma is beneficial and have some powerful uses. Use your body to access your Karma once you have a positive amount.

* Global chat has been reenabled

Todays update should mark the end of the feature creep that's been hounding development since the announcement that I was going to work on multi-storey buildings. That our website got hacked so that we had to restructure our hosting also slowed us down a lot of course. In any case, now the game contains the features I wanted to see before 1.0 except multi storey buildings so that's what's next. Me and Zcul may be able to meet up and do some coding on it during the summer as well.

• Like 5

Hedges look great and i'm going to assume karma is an epic related update? (Oh and the servers just crashed! D:) No vacation just yet!!!

^ This... looks so awesome, conquering towers should really be fun especially, and i look forward to seeing what comes of this source salt/karma idea :D

Good work guys

Happy holidays Rolf!! And thanks for the updates :)

Where are you going and for how long? I'm off to Portugal soon for a week x)

Hedges, awesome... I really love the recent progress... Thx a lot :)

For that, mind you, the server would need to be online...

Nice no nerfs j/k j/k. Sounds like a cool update although I'm freedomer. Hedges are a really cool idea.

Have a great and safe vacation! Don't do anything I wouldn't do B)

Multi-Storey buildings! Can't wait for them. Does that mean bridges soon follow?

Edited by Smokie

For that, mind you, the server would need to be online...

Lol, Rolf goes on holiday and forgets to turn the server back on.... wonder how much SB we'd get for that? :P

Exciting stuff, enjoy your holiday and looking forward to when you can finally change your signature!

i'm going to assume karma is an epic related update?
Pretty sure I've seen Kama listed in spell effects on Chaos, though I have recently been multiclienting Epic and Chaos, so could have got confused - however, I suspect not as I'm not a priest on Epic.

Todays update should mark the end of the feature creep that's been hounding development since the announcement that I was going to work on multi-storey buildings. That our website got hacked so that we had to restructure our hosting also slowed us down a lot of course. In any case, now the game contains the features I wanted to see before 1.0 except multi storey buildings so that's what's next. Me and Zcul may be able to meet up and do some coding on it during the summer as well.

Im not sure how long you keep saying that next are multi story houses. Either way i hope you are right this time and im waiting

For the people who wonder about karma:

G38a.png

G38m.png

The Light up ones mean filling and lighting up lanterns in the radius I think.

Summon corpse is apparently bringing back your corpse if it hasn't been looted yet

Town Portal is like a twig back home, but like twigs it can't be used when there's an enemy in local

I don't have the "karma" option. Do you just r-click body?

Source Fountain http://i.imgur.com/93BBb.jpg

[10:13:07] An ancient fountain has been built on top of a Source spring. It has a pinkish tint from the mysterious substance. Ql: 100.0, Dam: 0.0.

The one I found was empty though. Do they refill or something?

Im not sure how long you keep saying that next are multi story houses. Either way i hope you are right this time and im waiting

Multi-Story is already on test. It's not really working tho.

Source Fountain http://i.imgur.com/93BBb.jpg

[10:13:07] An ancient fountain has been built on top of a Source spring. It has a pinkish tint from the mysterious substance. Ql: 100.0, Dam: 0.0.

The one I found was empty though. Do they refill or something?

I found a Source Spring and it has no model atm. I can open it but it too is empty.

http://i23.photobuck...01207050843.jpg

EDIT:

When examined:

[10:09:11] A few stones glisten from the pinkish liquid known as the Source which emanates here. Ql: 100.0, Dam: 0.0.

Edited by Smokie

So what if we took the fountains...

And put them on top of the springs?

Played with the springs a little on test; though, not sure how much the live versions differ yet.

Good stuff all around. Shame about the bull that slowed things down <_<

Edited by Klaa

Great post Rolf, this is the kind of stuff that helps the community to understand what's going on. TYVM :D

So what if we took the fountains...

And put them on top of the springs?

No take option on the fountains, so they can't be picked up.

I also don't have the Karma option when right-clicking on Body?

I also don't have the Karma option when right-clicking on Body?

You only get the option when you have positive karma.

I saw "karma" in spell effects a few days ago on Exodus. It was before the update was announced, so I'd assume it didn't do anything at the time.

Is there a way to find out how much Karma you have?