Sign in to follow this  
mrdude

Missions On Epic

So this is just a very rough idea on adding something to the mission system on epic.

Dont know how hard it would be to implement and I haven't really thought it through to find it's flaws, but I'm sure you kind folks will waste no time in pointing out the problems with this : )

What if each kingdoms king could set missions for his kingdom.

The king could set a mission like "the king wants 10 70ql chain mail sets" or "the king wants 20 70ql longswords".

Once the mission is completed, the king receives the items and would stockpile/disperse them for his kingdoms war effort on elevation.

As i'm typing I'm thinking of all sorts of roadblocks/solutions that may come up but I think this is a great idea.

Would give the home servers a structured goal to help it's kingdom on ele.

What do you think?

Edited by mrdude

so....you want something as an official quest what could be made by players anyway? if I understand it correctly, kingdoms are player made too? or not?

so....you want something as an official quest what could be made by players anyway? if I understand it correctly, kingdoms are player made too? or not?

Absolutely, the "player king" would make the official quest, would have to be some restrictions to it of course.

And there is only 1 current player made kingdom, the mongols. The other 3 kingdoms are not player made.

not sure.... what happens if you happen to be working on a chain set at the time, you finish and your set dissapears?? might need a bit of refining but the idea isnt bad :)

Well couldn't that be abused and easy?

The king demands 10 buckets. Okay.. that's not hard, not encourages PvP, which in my opinion should be the point of missions.

Missions should be to kill certain amount of enemies, guard towers, conquer towers, drain X deed, etc.

Set a minimum number of specific items the king can ask for.

or set the reward to scale with the diiculty. No doubt any hole in the system would be abused.

I pretty mutch ignore the missions as is. go kill # of x missions is why I dont play everquest ect.