Sign in to follow this  
Frost

Steppe Tunnel Community Project (Currently In Construction)

so....which is correct...

"Tunnelling is pretty much complete.

Looks like there are just a few things to do, some tidying up and it'll be ready to open. "

or

We are close to breaking through but we require an iron vein to be mined out. As soon as that is done we will of hit our 50% total completion mark

Also love the invite to mine out the vein in earlier posts....yet after traveling clear across server I find impassable mine doors.....

WTF

Due to security issues we had to place mine doors with selective access. Volunteers need to be made known to Frostbite (southern entrance) and Roman (northern entrance) so to add them to the doors. As you did not make yourself known to either of us you you were not granted access.

We stated on the first post "Feel free to post volunteer interests on forum or contact (Frostbite) in game". Please, in future message Roman and i on the forums or contact us in game.

As per what roman said that is outdated information. In the time between his post and mine we had to make modifications due to an uneven northern entrance. This modification required us to move the northern entrance further to the east

Edited by Frost

And that modification put us in front of an iron vein... contact Frostbite ingame for access.

The tunnelling itself is close to completion but there is still the matter of securing the rock tiles and some other improvements to make the area look nicer.

Maybe complete in a few more days.

• Like 2

wow 3 move..unlucky that.....See it when done..

"Due to security issues we had to place mine doors with selective access" Frostbite

"And that modification put us in front of an iron vein.." Roman

Security, Door permissions, How is that 'public'?

and security needed for an iron vein blocking entrance anyhow...? Sounds LIke paranioia.....

Edited by Mendeluka

Those doors are probably going to be removed when the tunnel is done and protected; heritage status, reinforcements, etc etc

wow 3 move..unlucky that.....See it when done..

"Due to security issues we had to place mine doors with selective access" Frostbite

"And that modification put us in front of an iron vein.." Roman

Security, Door permissions, How is that 'public'?

and security needed for an iron vein blocking entrance anyhow...? Sounds LIke paranioia.....

As we have previously said. Doors are a security measure to prevent griefing (or unplanned mining) during construction. They will be removed once construction is complete to allow the public full access without the possibility of the tunnel being destroyed. :)

What's so difficult about telling someone "hey, ive come to volunteer, where would you like me to start mining"?

Just because you can't see someone in local doesn't mean they're not online. The distance you can see someone in the mine is something like 15 tiles and the entire distance of the tunnel extends way beyond that.

At the time you made your first post in this thread, we were all online and working inside the tunnel. You could have easily contacted any of us just by ingame PM.

If you came with the intention of offering your assistance, we appreciate it and will try to make use of your talents but we need you to communicate with us a bit more effectively otherwise we're not going to get anywhere.

/tell Frostbite I've come to volunteer. Where would you like to meet and could you please brief me on what needs to be done?

*Update* We have reached the iron vein blocking the north entrance from the south and are currently mining it out. Terraforming for the highway has also begun.

Success! We have finally mined out the iron vein blocking the northern entrance to the steppe tunnel. Therefore the mining phase is complete. We are currently on our final stage, reinforcing. The tunnel will be opened very soon. Stay tuned for updates!

Id like to give credit to all those who have helped us with this project

Thanks to:

Colus

Roman

Lochivan

Pound

Deckedjake

Atazs

Banano

Darkdruid

Darkmalice

Nilzir

Tankien

Ryuk

Barash (for checking bugs) :)

cHZbH.jpg

Good work, I would have helped if I was on the freedom servers as I recently had a hunting trip on the celebration steppe and Grankor's rude blocking and sign (the steppe is not your "lawn", if that was what you were implying) was very annoying. People shouldn't be able to obtrusively build to block access to areas like that. Also the normal horse hoarding where there are none/very few on the steppe. People should be able to bash and work around in any way greedy behaviour like that.

It's no surprise that such a person to do that also has a volatile attitude on the forum to match.

Edited by Derp

Congratulations to all of you, and thanks for the hard work.

and drag our cart full of cargo around it too? NEVER!!