Sign in to follow this  
Frost

Steppe Tunnel Community Project (Currently In Construction)

Due to personal requests and circumstances concerning land access to northern steppe we have decided to construct a tunnel to allow safe and free travel between the southern and northern steppe on celebration. We also have plans to create two safe public access (stone) buildings on either end with resources.

List of Volunteers Currently Working on Project

Frostbite

Colus

Roman

Lochivan

Pound

Deckedjake

Atazs

Banano

Darkdruid

Darkmalice

Nilzir

Feel free to post volunteer interests on forum or contact (Frostbite) in game.

OCvo5.png

**Update** Wed July 4th

Over the past few days we have mined 80% of the way through to the northern entrance. However we are blocked by a iron vein which will be mined out soon. After we have broken through to the northern entrance we will begin widening the tunnel.

**Update** Fri July 6th

Today we have started the road leading into the mine as well as reinforcements for the mine walls. We also planned a highway east from the southern exit of the mine towards the birchwood forest for easier access. Keep in mind this road is in the planning development stage and we are currently investigating a route which would impact the steppe least. In the meantime the iron ore vein blocking the northern entrance is 30-40% mined and requires at least 1.5k actions to break. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Frost

A much needed tunnel.

I'm sick of having to constantly swim through the lake because someone decided to fence off the narrow passage connecting between the north and south halves of the steppe.

At least with this tunnel, players can lead non-swimming animals and ride carts across.

Sweet! Ill help tunnel.....! Great idea! Grankor

Only reason fence went up was a select few leading aggros down intentionally to stop our buildign progress....ALL locals but a few have access thru the fence....and many non locals also...

With this however I can completely close off deed and its canal!....TYVM...

Edited by kazkid

Kazkid?

Kazkid, are you grankor and are you saying 'great idea' to yourself as if you were the one who came up with this project hahaha lol?

It's Frostbite's call but I certainly would not welcome you to work on this project as you and your deed are the reasons why this tunnel had to start in the first place. I think you might try and stuff it up if you become involved.

ALL locals but a few have access thru the fence....and many non locals also...

Nobody at all (local or not) has access to pass through because your gatehouse is locked and there is no way in wurm to set permissions to allow everyone access while excluding certain individuals. You are a terrible liar.

THEzW.jpg

Have a nice day!

Firstly a long friends list Does allow access thru the pictured house...including:

Alucard, Dadd, Darkmalice, Euclides, Filmroe, Gearbomb, Goathill, Hungo, Morbiddog, Onivalkyrie, Reins, Ruthie, Twilia, Ugee, Violetann, ect....

.did NOT say I came up with idea..said it was a great idea that Frost came up with...and I support it fully.....Learn punctuation....

is a diff between, Great idea Grankor! and Great Idea! Grankor

Edited by kazkid

Learn punctuation....

Grankor, I'm sorry. You are right, I better go back to school and learn to write.

• Like 2

If you're starting today I'll bring;

Darkmalice

Darkdruid

Banano

I can go about a tile a minute with those three.

We are currently mining- Feel free to come over :)

Sounds like fun :) I wish you guys all the best in mining out a community tunnel!

• Like 1

THen ya gotta do this IN my perimeter eh...said I was all for the tunnel...why ya gotta dig up like this....?

HOle.jpg

Perimeter is not protected and it needs to start somewhere.

THen ya gotta do this IN my perimeter eh...said I was all for the tunnel...why ya gotta dig up like this....?

HOle.jpg

You brought this on yourself. You cant just block off huge land even if its deeded without others doing something about it.

• Like 1

Also, i'm up for knocking out a few veins especially zinc/copper.

TY for moving its exit point..... I appreciate it....

Edited by kazkid

You brought this on yourself. You cant just block off huge land even if its deeded without others doing something about it.

Did you not read above again and a gain.....TUnnel is a GOOD thing..Love it...TY....67 deep hole exit 3 tiels from my gatehosue...not so much...

That's ok, the exit had to be changed anyway because of the sudden drop in the dirt/rock layer in that area.

In future Grankor, don't try to tunnel into our mine, deed over the project area or bash our mine doors again. A GM had to come out tonight because you were being foolish.

I understand that you were disgruntled about the exit being too close to you but you need to tell us if that is the case.

If you have a problem with the project then you must voice your concern, don't just flip out and try to sabotage it, dragging your allies through the mud with you in the process.

Finally, if we want your help. We will ask you for it but until then, assume that we don't want you involved.

I can't make that any clearer to you.

GM Had to come out cause I filed a ticket heh....and filled ye hole....and sealed yer entrance....TY..tell the entire truth if ya gonna sling mud...furthemore I didn't bash any doors....never...ever.and repeatedly told the one who was to stop....NOR did we try to break into any mine......Was assumed (Incorrectly) that you all were mining from the other direction as the hole was still being dug when I sent the support ticket......( so the mine couldn't have been under it yet).....

DID begin a shaft heading east to put up reinforcing beams to 10 tiles east of deed.....AFTER repeatedly asking what the hole was...and to stop digging it directly in front of gatehouse...As the GM stated " there is a whole mountainside here..No reason whatsoever to dig this close to a gatehouse..

Lock before any more slander can be spewed

Edited by kazkid

Perimeter is not protected and it needs to start somewhere.

Ahh that was actually where the exit was coming out of.

Well, after the drama, we have one iron vein at the north entrance needs a LOT of mining out. If anyone wants to come mine themselves a bunch, please do.

WTB .01 to 9.99 QL gems from this project. PM me here or in game.

-Corwen

Tunnelling is pretty much complete.

Looks like there are just a few things to do, some tidying up and it'll be ready to open.

Wow you guys got it done already? Was going to come help on my next day off but, oh well, good job on the tunnel.

We are close to breaking through but we require an iron vein to be mined out. As soon as that is done we will of hit our 50% total completion mark. We are currently mining at the moment.

Volunteers are welcome

so....which is correct...

"Tunnelling is pretty much complete.

Looks like there are just a few things to do, some tidying up and it'll be ready to open. "

or

We are close to breaking through but we require an iron vein to be mined out. As soon as that is done we will of hit our 50% total completion mark

Also love the invite to mine out the vein in earlier posts....yet after traveling clear across server I find impassable mine doors.....

WTF