Sign in to follow this  
Becket

Adding The Season

When you hit the F6 key you get

07:56:33] It is 17:57:31 on Wrath day in week 3 of the Bear's starfall in the year of 1024.

[07:56:33] You have played 454 days, 19 hours and 50 minutes.

[07:56:33] You have premium time until 24 Jul 2012 16:10:24 GMT

Can we add the season to the calender dateline ?

07:56:33] It is 17:57:31 on Wrath day in week 3 of the Bear's starfall in the year of 1024. It is Olive Season.

[07:56:33] You have played 454 days, 19 hours and 50 minutes.

[07:56:33] You have premium time until 24 Jul 2012 16:10:24 GMT

• Like 5

completely and absolutely BRILLANT!!!!!! +1 Maybe they can add a counter example (1/6 day of ....... Season) that would mean the first day of six in that season.

<sarcasm>Nah.. it's just too helpful. Makes the game too easy.. next you'll want automated fruit picking...</sarcasm>

+1

It's a disjointed feeling when you have to get the time from the game, and then check the wiki to look up if anything is in season and then return to the game again. Either that or check every tree-type/bush-type every few days.

However, the seasons being so short, and the window for fruit picking so slim each time it would be a welcome addition.

I can see how it would feel disjointed having to go to the wiki for calendar info.

On the other hand, while a good suggestion, it still feels synthetic to have a system message tell me that. Not at all saying it shouldn't happen, just something about it doesn't feel immersive.

I'm sure I would get used to it as if it had been there the whole time but...

What about grabbing some papyrus, dye and a quill to keep note of the seasons? That would feel more immersive to me, and maybe I could even find a farmer's almanac on a merchant.

Keeps it in-game as player-driven content using sandbox tools we've been provided. Just a thought.

*stands in the middle of a blizzard and idly wonders what time of year it is*

Nah kidding aside it would be handy as something to add to /weather or /time. I like the almanac suggestion.

would be great to add this to /time. I'd certainly set it up so the game automatically calls /time for me when I login so it would always put it in my face if something is in season. The windows of those seasons are so short that it's way to easy to miss one and then you have to wait weeks for the next season. To be honest it's not exactly a player friendly system right now since it's so easy to miss a season of something. So info like that under some command would be more than welcome.

On the other hand, while a good suggestion, it still feels synthetic to have a system message tell me that. Not at all saying it shouldn't happen, just something about it doesn't feel immersive.

But having a system message tell you the time or weather does?

What about grabbing some papyrus, dye and a quill to keep note of the seasons? That would feel more immersive to me, and maybe I could even find a farmer's almanac on a merchant.

Keeps it in-game as player-driven content using sandbox tools we've been provided. Just a thought.

I do like this idea though. Make an almanac out of papyrus and with perhaps leather binding. 'examine' or 'use' that to get a list of any season coming up within the next couple of weeks after the item description in the event window.

+1∞+∞+∞+∞+∞+∞+∞+∞+∞+∞+∞+∞

x)