Sign in to follow this  
Buzzkillington

I'm Sorry...

People chuck the term 'troll' about far too easily these days.

just for the record.. it can be very confusing to new players, particularly ones who are used to more 'conventional' MMO's, to understand how wurm wurks. IN most games out there, if you are able to enter and look around, its ok to do so, because its not 'owned' by anyone else, its a part of the game that was created for people to explore, by the developers. I used to have players come to my area and wander around, getting into things all the time, (and i miss it, but that was on the old JK-H server.. sigh) but the point is, almost all of them had no idea that any of it was player made. You also have to remember that many many players in wurm do not speak english at all, or if they do speak it they do so as a second or third language, and may not even know you are speaking to them. (in most mmo's i've played, i just ignore the chat completely because its such a random bunch of idiocy, and some players may be doing that as well)

as has been mentioned, locks on the doors of things you want private, fences with locked gates, etc...

• Like 1

Kill everyone, let the GMs sort it out. :P

Actually, I don't beleive the tutorial does that anymore. Changing the tutorial must've been easier than giving a starter sickle. -_-

That is correct. Like I said in my earlier post, I just started a few weeks ago so I just did the tutorial. The tutorial teaches you about the different types of tree and how you get more wood for the older ones and should leave the younger ones. Beyond that, the only other tree related thing you are taught is how to fell a tree, cut it up, and make kindling and start a fire. I actually read it pretty closely. I only found out about sprouts and sickles while browsing the wiki a few days later.

yeah, where I live we get a newbie every 6-12 months. Maybe .... And usually even those don't continue playing after a while, so it's pretty straight and quiet. Still use fences and locks tough. After all we're not online all the time. Oh, and I agree with the OP :) Tough it is a matter of communication. If they don't talk back, they're not going to be good nighbors eighter.

Edited by SkyRaider