Sign in to follow this  
Dskaggsgv

What Does Chaos Have To Do To Get More People?

Please awnser truthfuly no trolling in posts!  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What do we have to do to make Wild/Chaos get more people?

• Reset Map
    • Add Kingdoms
    • Add Liblila
    • Fix raiding
    • Fix Combat
    • All of the above
    • All of the above - Except reset map

There is 1 question

With 5 choices

Reset Map

Add raiding

add Libla

Add kingdoms

Improve Combat

All of the above

All of the above - Exept Reset Map

Edited by Dskaggsgv

Fixed my mess up before any one noticed :P

Edited by Dskaggsgv

F) None of the above

I'd much rather see improvements to the combat system at this point as the server itself has been tinkered with enough.

Edited by Kraljtatov

I know that but the server needs to be improved to and also Combat system is a part of the server :P

I like the way chaos is currently... I think it should be left alone til Rolf can fix other more important bugs and put in multistory houses :P

I'd say stop having things changed every other week/suggested changes and settle on a system and see how it pans out after a while, no one in their right minds would come to a server where one day its full pvp, then freedom the next, then partial pvp with unknown future updates and people complaining for full pvp...

• Like 1

Fooligun has a point there, as long as things aren't set in stone people will be hesitant to invest in the server, preventing them from moving over. Some might really like it that raiding isn't possible because that makes their deeds safe, but they simply don't know if it's going to stay that way so they won't come over.

You'd probably also get more people by changing the loot system into one where you drop less stuff as can be seen in this poll: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/63272-what-type-of-looting-system-would-get-you-to-play-pvp-in-wurm-multiple-selection/

25% voted full loot there, 12% would never pvp, so 63% prefers something else than a simple full loot system.

You'd probably also get more people by changing the loot system into one where you drop less stuff as can be seen in this poll: http://forum.wurmonl...iple-selection/

25% voted full loot there, 12% would never pvp, so 63% prefers something else than a simple full loot system.

*shrug* It has been tried, was not a success at the time. Could try again I guess, but would it really make that much of a difference?

I mean, the votes are very widely fractured about how you would go about implementing this new looting system.

No idea how to implement the new looting system since as you said the poll is way to fractured. You'd probably need to start a new poll first with a smaller range of choices, maybe several polls with the choices split over them, and then take the most populair options from those into one final poll. Getting a good looting system out of that original poll is a nightmare, I wouldn't even try it.

ive only tried epic pvp but i didnt like the curve, if we had a SKILL RESET and MAP RESET i would play on that new fresh start.

Follow the Felucca model of Ultima Online. Make deeds safe havens i.e., no breaking into them, draining tokens, bashing of walls, attacking people once they step onto deed tiles and so on.

PvP can be done anywhere off deeds with no looting of corpses. Even with all this, people left Felucca in droves once Trammel (non-pvp server) was opened because the vast majority of people do not want to be bothered by other people messing with them while they go about their activities within the gaming worlds.

Whatever happens with Chaos will not matter to the vast majority of Wurm players as well until they can visit there with some sort of pvp switch which will make it voluntary, such as the WoW pvp timer switch. None of your "Poll" choices offer any viable options so I will not comment on them.

=Ayes=

Make it full blown PMK PVP with a complicated diplomacy system so kingdoms can become allies, enemies, or have non-agression pacts. The PMKs should be able to extend onto the other Freedom servers, however they should not fight there. Re-add BL and add new artifacts. Make it so that epic missions affect Chaos and possibly affect the PVE servers. Epic would serve as the center of the god wars and the place where the Valrei monster spawns would be determined while the Wild would be a less important battleground west of Freedom.The main altars are on epic now, so don't re-add them to Chaos. Make it so that independent villages are considered independent kingdoms. If someone is not a member of a village or two kindoms didn't state their relationship they are considered neutral. When neutral, they do not appear as enemies but can still be attacked. I'm living on freedom now, but eventually I'm looking forward to joining PVP on chaos every once and a while. If you can't, you have to get people who can. Maybe you can add a few more Wild servers in the distant future. I don't care that its hard to code, just do it Rolf!

Edit: Fixed typos and other errors. I wasn't entirely awake when I wrote this. :P

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Just look at the numbers the new Cele server has over 100 players at peak times and it is only a month old this game does better without PvP if you want to PvP then epic would be a better option IMO..so just map reset Chaos and make it a PvE server at lest that way the server could have some use to it.

Edit: As i post this here are the numbers for Cele..[10:28:53] 134 other players are online. (560 totally in Wurm)

Edited by Kegan

All of the above -

If there was a reset, along with the addition of all those things listed, I for one know I would move there and I believe many others would also.

Make it full blown PMK PVP with a complicated diplomacy system so kingdoms can become allies, enemies, or have non-agression pacts. Re-add BL and add new artifacts. Make it so that epic spawns spawn on chaos when they do on Epic, maybe freedom too. The main altars are on epic now, so don't re-add them. Give the old Wilders what they want and I'm sure the population will double in a week. Make it so that independent villages are considered independent kingdoms.If someone is not a member of a village or two kindoms didn't state their relationship they are considered neutral. When neutral, they do not appear as enemies but can still be attacked. I'm living on freedom now, but eventually I'm looking forward to joining PVP on chaos every once and a while. I don't care that its hard to code, just do it Rolf! If you can't, you have to get people who can. Maybe you can add a few more Wild servers in the distant future. Epic would serve as the center of the god wars and the place where the Valarie monster spawns would be determined while the Wild would be an ancient battleground. The PMKs should be able to extend onto the other Freedom servers, however they should not fight there.

I agree 100%

Especially how kingdoms can extend to other freedom servers, this will give us players a feeling of unity and being a part of something larger!!! Please Please Please do this!

Where is the option to remove the server?

• Like 1

Where is the option to remove the server?

You may not want it, but other people do. I think that would be unfair to the people who live there.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Make it full blown PMK PVP with a complicated diplomacy system so kingdoms can become allies, enemies, or have non-agression pacts. The PMKs should be able to extend onto the other Freedom servers, however they should not fight there. Re-add BL and add new artifacts. Make it so that epic missions affect Chaos and possibly affect the PVE servers. Epic would serve as the center of the god wars and the place where the Valrei monster spawns would be determined while the Wild would be a less important battleground west of Freedom.The main altars are on epic now, so don't re-add them to Chaos. Make it so that independent villages are considered independent kingdoms. If someone is not a member of a village or two kindoms didn't state their relationship they are considered neutral. When neutral, they do not appear as enemies but can still be attacked. I'm living on freedom now, but eventually I'm looking forward to joining PVP on chaos every once and a while. If you can't, you have to get people who can. Maybe you can add a few more Wild servers in the distant future. I don't care that its hard to code, just do it Rolf!

Edit: Fixed typos and other errors. I wasn't entirely awake when I wrote this. :P

No, no, no, no! We don't not want your pvp to effect us on the freedom servers in ANY way. Game breaker for most pve players for sure!

No, no, no, no! We don't not want your pvp to effect us on the freedom servers in ANY way. Game breaker for most pve players for sure!

Thats actually a really good point. If you don't want to be involved you could just join a PVE only kingdom.

Right, remove Chaos from Freedom we dont want to pay the price for pvp-er, or make it pve.Most of ppl play for pve content anyway.

It should at least be possible to travel to chaos from freedom and back without losing skills. Freedom should be a place where PVPers can train before facing the unbeatable 70fs fighters.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Not being involved at all with pvp is also: keeping your environment, your possibilities of choice to do and to go, and your chats and everything else free of big scars, moats, dirtwalls, griefing, hate- and downtalk, etc - in short, free of the ruin of pvp in all facets. So no kingdoms or anything pvp-like or invoking pvp at all on the true freedom servers (and I will agree that Chaos doesn't belong in the row of those - but then thats what I have found from the day it was first mentioned to do such so no change there).

Just... keep pve-servers out of your schemes please, whatever else those may involve.

Thats actually a really good point. If you don't want to be involved you could just join a PVE only kingdom.

This already exists and it is called Freedom, and anyone on the server cluster is part of that kingdom already. Rolf has stated that he won't be returning kingdoms to Chaos and whinning about it and suggesting he hire people to change that is a foolish post to say the least, instead of whinning to get things your own way contribute towards the gain of not just the Chaos server but to help develop Wurm Online. Full raiding only helps push new people/different play styles out and leaves only the few determined/skilled to play, at which point we may as well kiss Chaos good bye as that is not beneficial to Game play.

It should at least be possible to travel to chaos from freedom and back without losing skills. Freedom should be a place where PVPers can train before facing the unbeatable 70fs fighters.

Quite right, why go to a server where you label people as unbeatable? Sure some might want to try and beat them and fail, others will just out right refuse before even going there

• Like 1

I was trying to go to Chaos from the Tutorial but I couldn't find a portal. That's what I wanted