Sign in to follow this  
Shalbriri

Client Repeatedly Quits Running

Hi guys, this might be of a little help to some of you. A couple days back Windows Update offered me a driver update for my usb WiFi stick. Thinking it would be a great idea, I allowed it to install the new driver. But when trying to log into wurm I had this same problem of the client starting up, disconnecting, reconnecting like 10 times before I ever got to see the game world, then when I finally could, it never fully loaded and you can't move or talk. I tried a whole list of things before I gave up and rolled back the new driver I updated, and things went back to working normally. I wonder if maybe you guys have automatic installation of windows updates or somebody has installed them on your behalf, and this is where things are going wrong.

tl;dr try a driver rollback if you are using a usb WiFi stick.

I'm going to give some feedback here, not sure if this has been found or not.

This crash has got to do with multi-graphics cards, especially Nvidia, as far as I know, its a driver problem.

GTX590 is a multi graphics card, and unfortunately it cannot be disabled, those of you getting crashes and are able, disable your SLI profiles and everything will run fine.

This problem is most likely to do with either LWJGL and the JNI or openGL itself, it is unlikely that its a Wurm client problem.

Hope it helps some of you =]

Hi guys, this might be of a little help to some of you. A couple days back Windows Update offered me a driver update for my usb WiFi stick. Thinking it would be a great idea, I allowed it to install the new driver. But when trying to log into wurm I had this same problem of the client starting up, disconnecting, reconnecting like 10 times before I ever got to see the game world, then when I finally could, it never fully loaded and you can't move or talk. I tried a whole list of things before I gave up and rolled back the new driver I updated, and things went back to working normally. I wonder if maybe you guys have automatic installation of windows updates or somebody has installed them on your behalf, and this is where things are going wrong.

tl;dr try a driver rollback if you are using a usb WiFi stick.

I rolled back the driver and it seems to have fixed my issue as well. I will post if it returns.

• Like 1