• boat

Boats Have Won

ZIrgof is no longer part of the deed

Looking for new people to move in

Edited by okamixxx

why didnt u make the thread a poll?

EDIT:pls dont change the question to change the results

Edited by Nume

I have a knarr and would find more use if it was passable by cart but i'm sure i will be in the minority

cart

You should just put a poll in might make things easier

Boat please :) this map is practically water world.. who uses carts anymore?! lol

You can't close off the east to the larger boats. Boat.

Can't we just make it so you would only need to push a large boat 1 tile? this would still allow carts and boats...one tile is all you need for a road

You can't close off the east to the larger boats. Boat.

Can't we just make it so you would only need to push a large boat 1 tile? this would still allow carts and boats...one tile is all you need for a road

The cart option IS only one tile landbridge 8 deep. So row and sailboats can pass without interrupt. I guess knarrs too.. Some ######s just cant get themselves to push their boats over that tile.

Edited by Zirgof

If it didn't bisect the map so completely, I'd vote vote boat, but it seems unfair to cut off half the map from carts/nonswimmers. It seems like a road would be less of an inconvenience (only pushing boats 1 tile v. pushing carts 3) from kami's description of the problems.

thats what is is either boats have to be pushed one tile or no road at all

While I did vote boat, It's still your deed and I respect that, I think everyone else would too. 1 tile isnt worth falling out with your villagers imo and its still viable unlike it was before where it was out of the question to attempt it.

Edit: Guess with an attitude like that, having a landbridge there or not isnt going to make a blind bit of difference.

Edited by York

The cart option IS only one tile landbridge 8 deep. So row and sailboats can pass without interrupt. I guess knarrs too.. Some ######s just cant get themselves to push their boats over that tile.

It's not nessicarily a matter of them being ######s but fact of the matter is if you are in a large boat, with many rafts and lots of things.. You cannot drag the boat due to it being too heavy, thus you must take the rafts out, move them carry all the crap.. throw it on the groud.. hope theres no one around wanting to steal your stuff .. then move the boat.. reload all the items etcetcetc.. Much more inconvienient for a boat then to get off the horse and lead it across the water or what not.. IMO; the real fix to the situation is bothering Rolf until he cant stand it anymore so that he impliments free standing bridges that boats can pass and roads can connect over the canal. :)

Can't you just push a large boat loaded down with rafts? Sure it takes a few actions to push it a full tile but that sure beats unloading 100 items. Also the bigest deal for the cart's argument to me is that non-swimming animals cannot pass, leading to an impossably long trip if you want (and find) one of these animals on the wrong side of the canal. I initially voted boats for personal convenience, but I changed it because a 1 tile push isn't really that big of a deal to me.

It's not nessicarily a matter of them being ######s but fact of the matter is if you are in a large boat, with many rafts and lots of things.. You cannot drag the boat due to it being too heavy, thus you must take the rafts out, move them carry all the crap.. throw it on the groud.. hope theres no one around wanting to steal your stuff .. then move the boat.. reload all the items etcetcetc..

Not true, at all. Please, nobody do this!

The land's deeded so you cannot even unload the ship, you'll lose all of your cargo. And if you have passengers (as I did at the time), they can't help you push because they don't own the boat. Long ships don't need to be pushed 1 tile. They need to be pushed the length of the hull, which is typically 5 tiles.

Some ######s just cant get themselves to push their boats over that tile.

Wow. Just, wow.

Yeah, I sure felt like one when I had to ask my passenger to get out of the ship and wait while I pushed it for 20 minutes over the landbridge.

These sorts of insults aren't necessary, and they certainly do nothing to endear us to the eastern passage. If you wanted to make a cart path, you should just have done so and stuck with your guns, we all would have gotten over it. There are certainly good, and perhaps even superior arguments for a shallow water crossing.

You call me this not because I was surprised and frustrated, but because I warned others about it and jeopardized your market. I was courteous in my post, and said I support your right to do what you want with your deed, because I do. I made it clear that I was perfectly happy to go around to the West. I was just trying to save other people time and frustration by telling them to take the better route. And now you're insulting me and others for it on the forums.

Zirgof, I am never going to travel through the Kami Shallows again, regardless of what you choose to do. I am also boycotting your market, and I urge other traders and travelers (including all 9 settlements in the Víkingr Alliance) to boycott it as well. Not because it's annoying to push a boat, but because you insulted people who never did you harm, and treated you with courtesy. The Amish and Golden markets are both vastly superior markets, each just a short sail to the west of you, closer to the inner settlements anyway.

And, the western route will be an EASY sale to my friends and allies. Do you know why?

West is much faster.

If you sail west, and cross over into Chaos, then immediately turn around, sailing back east, you end up in Deliverence immediately, completely bypassing Exodus on a trip to Independence, and possibly shaving 30-50 minutes off of your trip. More for slower vessels. So, what's the motivation for anyone shipping large cargo hauls from the inland sea to exit through the Kami Shallows? I see none.

The only people who will suffer in this are your neighbors to the east, because they can't access the western shortcut without the added burden of getting out to push, which more or less eliminates the value of the shortcut anyway. So, it's just as fast for anyone on the east coast to sail north through Exo and be done with it. North eastern sailors don't get much of a shortcut anyway, it's faster for them to head straight north. And southeastern sailors can just sail south and then west.

• Like 1

It takes 20 minutes max to push a boat over one tile but it takes an hour or two to sail around the server instead. But its your decision and i dont need to hear your reasons to do that. I dont even care anymore.

Btw i guess the boat option is winning. Its already dredged to 25 deep everywhere. I was the only ###### in the server of Celebration. But i dont live there any more. It just was not the wurm i liked to play.

We are selling Kami. 50s, ask Okamixxx.

I stand with Garis on the issue. The insults were not needed and as a member of the Vikingr alliance I will also boycott the deed until a new owner is declared.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by KaiH, June 26, 2012 - language
Hidden by KaiH, June 26, 2012 - language

Words have never hurt anyone. Go to your mom, suck some tit and cry your feelings out. After you have grown few years more come back and think this all over.

Not true, at all. Please, nobody do this!

The land's deeded so you cannot even unload the ship, you'll lose all of your cargo. And if you have passengers (as I did at the time), they can't help you push because they don't own the boat. Long ships don't need to be pushed 1 tile. They need to be pushed the length of the hull, which is typically 5 tiles.

I do not believe you understood what I said to the full degree, As I said to *DRAG* the boat you would have to unload it, yes you can spend 20-30 mins *PULLING* the boat but in that case it was more effective time wise to unload and reload the boat. Also, there is a timer on items you drop on a deed where they still register as your item and then you can no longer pick them up. Please comperhend what another person says before you tell others it isnt truth. :)

EDIT; I've also retracted my vote; as this was not the poll I orginally voted upon. Changing a poll after people have voted is not a very upright method of polling.

Edited by Cita

Zirgof is not the owner of the deed I am but he is a major source of income for the deed but If he is harming the reputation of my deed I'm am going to have to remove him so please use my market as if i am going to remove the highest level account and his priest

As others have pointed out, its really in your best interests to allow large ships to pass unhindered, it will only serve to increase your traffic and your pockets. If it does get obstructed im sure someone will just build a canal and divert all the traffic from that pass which would be a shame.

Sorry its causing you issues okamixxx, you seem like a fair minded and selfless person.

Edit: Just seen your latest post, Ill take a look at what yours selling next time i come past. If its going to be a smooth sail im sure everyone around the east coast will be looking to sail past, i know all of us on Union Island will soon be up and trading ourselves so traffic from us alone should be decent!

Edited by York

Its not his deed any more than it is mine. I have been in it from the start and gave more effort for it than anyone else.

If you are doing boats, the corbita cant drive along most of the coast line and gets stuck alot inbetween the canal and the market, A LOT of area needs to be dredged. Personal experience struggling to drive through the area