Sign in to follow this  
Postes

Bloodthirst Revised. (Epic)

Yeah, Bloodthirst kinda stinks. I'll try to keep it simple and not post all my calculations and statistics, but easily make this point:

10000 BT = 10% damage increase. 10% of 10dmg is only 1, meaning instead of 10 damage you would do a mere 11 damage. It would take you months to reach a 10,000BT weapon (especially a non-bow) only to have a tiny amount of damage tacked on to each hit which is less damage than the coldburn or fireburn from FB/FA.

FA/FB has a 30% blow to the original cut.

10.00 damage, 30% of = 3.00damage = 13.00damage compared to only 11 damage from a 10,000BT sword.

tl;dr Frostbrand does more damage additionally then a 10,000BT weapon would.

So what the heck? Bloodthirst is so unique, only one kingdom has it, it's the only enchant the raises over time, but it's severely gimped. It is beaten out even at max level by a <90 FB/FA enchant. The spell pretty much get unused on weapons, and only bows, and even then the damage it adds on is near useless even at the maximum 10,000. It's a spell that doesn't really truly provide any damage, and to work to get something to 10,000 ONLY off players and not animals takes a long time. I know someone will say, "Well it's the only enchant for bows." Right, yes, it is but is one spell that costs that much favor worth it for JUST bows? Not really, and the damage it outputs is barely worth the time to get it casted and leveling it up to 10,000.

Anyway, would be cool to see this revised a bit. Maybe instead of damage, it does Life Steal ability instead. 1000 = 1% lifesteal, max of 10,000 still, or something. Or increase the damage a bit. Just ideas, but right now it's useless compared to other weapon enchants.

Edited by Postes

+1 to making it worthwhile, but i dont agree with the lifesteal idea, as compared to a 60+ LT cast, 10% lifesteal is nothing.

I think the most simple thing would be to just increase the damage in a way that it gets better (at 10k charge) than the other enchants. Getting a full 10k charge should still take very long, so that it will be risky to bring them to battle (losing it will mean you lost a lot of work you put into the BT), but they will be very helpful, while not really being OP or anything.

A short term attack speed boost would be neat. Chance on hit to increase attack speed a certain percentage or perhaps a chance to increase body strength for short periods. If it increased body strength for X number of seconds. It would be more viable on other weapons.

A short term effect that increased attack speed X% and did X% life steal might be another good effect. The power of the Bloodthirst cast determined chance to cause the effect.

I've 3 different ideas.

1. Make it damage enemies equipment a lot more than normal hits (depending on cast).

2. When the target is hit by it it'll miss more (depending on cast) for up to 40 seconds (or something, depending on cast).

3. Armor penetration so at 10,000 bloodthirst it'll have a max of maybe 10-20% armor penetration and less with lower casts.

Also its very much needed that this can't be gained on own kingdom mates and there need to be a max you can gain per person to avoid abuse.

Maybe make it go up on animals 1/10 of what it does from pvp.

make it so BT grinds on animals? ....

And then what? Get 10,000 only for it to still to be outdone by a FB/FA cast. That doesn't really fix the issue with BT being the least powerful weapon enchant.

what spells can this stack with?

Anything that FB/FA can stack with.

A simple wiki vist could tell you that.

Any change the make this enchant actually worthwhile would be good.

+1

Maybe the amour penetration idea.

Anything that FB/FA can stack with.

A simple wiki vist could tell you that.

Ok so this spell cannot stack with RottingTouch then..Right??

what spells can this stack with?

It can stack with the normal stuff (anything that doesn't inflict damage), so CoC, WoA, and Nimbleness. Can also HD/AD it of course, but not Life Transfer, RT, FA, or FB. As I said, you can get a 10,000BT longsword but the damage it would add would be less than a [80] Frostbrand enchant.

Edited by Postes

It can stack with the normal stuff (anything that doesn't inflict damage), so CoC, WoA, and Nimbleness. Can also HD/AD it of course, but not Life Transfer, RT, FA, or FB. As I said, you can get a 10,000BT longsword but the damage it would add would be less than a [80] Frostbrand enchant.

What is the difference of the RottingTouch spell vs this one? I noticed BloodThirst and RottingTough are from the same god as well for enchanting weapons. Just wondered if RT is better than FB and what the overall change you want is to Bloodthirst? 90% FB 100?

Uh yeah, I guess in actuality the spells are alike (I didn't think of that). RT makes the weapon hit harder much like BT, so you're right it actually is a near copy of Bloodthirst surprisingly, which I guess is more of a reason that BT is a worthless spell.

I am just asking that Bloodthirst is looked at again, and maybe increased damage or another power BT gives, like armor penetration, or life steal.

What is the difference of the RottingTouch spell vs this one? I noticed BloodThirst and RottingTough are from the same god as well for enchanting weapons. Just wondered if RT is better than FB and what the overall change you want is to Bloodthirst? 90% FB 100?

What postes said mainly in response to this one, however i just wanted to add that as it is now, getting max BT on a weapon is like getting a 5 rt cast, its near pointless.

Also, +1

Edited by Propheteer

several different ideas:

extra damage for lower hp enemies

extra damage the more enemies around you

charges are now only gained from doing a killing blow, and the damage is raised signifigantly, if the holder of the weapon dies, the charges reset

if the sword is ever equipped, it cannot be unequipped untill it kills something, or the owner dies (+ heavily increased damage)

the lower health YOU are, the more damage you deal

etc etc

i want the effect to fit in with the name of the enchant, joe's enchants are all nice, but what do they really have to do with blood and the thirst for it

Edited by RainRain

Oh good lord... first people complained BT was too much...

I don't recall anyone ever complaining about BT as it was never that powerful, nor has it ever been changed as far as I know. I was BL when it first was released with the religion fixed, the only thing that was ever changed was how it was gained, it was considered too fast on the original release.

I don't recall anyone ever complaining about BT as it was never that powerful, nor has it ever been changed as far as I know. I was BL when it first was released with the religion fixed, the only thing that was ever changed was how it was gained, it was considered too fast on the original release.

Hehe with one breath theres no change, and the next breath there was change. Libila enchants have never been a BL player-only excusive just as WL enchants have never been exclusive to just WL players. If one is part of an active, resourcefull pvp village, access to both sides is common place.

The vast majority of the strength tweaking to BT occured on the test server (thankfully alot of issues were revealed by players then). Most of the Libila enchants received alot of attention from players since it was a long-awaited change (we were hoping for something to counter all the bloody nerfs in the past, which were why my villagemates left BL to begin with. Had become fed up long before the religion change.)

Once BT went live in two stages (first melee weapons only, bows last), it quickly became apparent just how OP'ed BT's rate of gaining power was, especially when one merely fired arrow shafts at an armored/shielded target. As a result of the usage of said weapons in pvp there followed mass complaining in forums (Typical rant about the haves vs the have-nots).

Thus the last official,documented tweak to BT:

100104 New decade

• Bloodthirst effect increase was too easy. The increase is now determined by the damage you cause as well. Current effects were halved to bring it in line with future gains.

Theres been no significant changes (observable anyways... you know Rolf and his ninja changes :wacko: ) since then. For two years Rolf and players havent seen a need. Personally its fine as is, its a nice perk while not being a huge perk.

Granted opinions do tend to differ over whether something is "balanced".

"the only thing that was ever changed was how it was gained"

plz read

how about we add some uniqueness, joemogs idea is a good start. How about its like life transfer, the power of the cast increases like it used to, and the more power, the more hp gained? or maybe it steals stamina?