Sign in to follow this  
Tpikol

Lumps Appearing When Creating

i started making fishing hooks with 1 3kg lump in my inventory and everytime i succed a lump with 0,10 weight and 10% the ql of the lump im using is created in my inventory.it doesnt happen when i faildi-J188.jpg

Intended.

Scrap was removed, instead you get lumps.

He said he gets hooks and lump on success but nothing on fail.

I don't remember any metalworking ever producing extra scrap like woodworking does.

And weren't the "scrap lumps" for failure removed as well, when Rolf changed failure effects to minor weight losses?

It's intended, JC is the same way, make a ring and you get a lump & ring, fail the ring and you get a decrease in ore (very tiny so it's barely noticeable as the item is so small).

Perfect Wurm Logic. No longer get scrap lump from a fail, you get scrap lump for succes! How about just not getting scrap we have to throw away? Or does Rolf enjoy cluttering his database with this garbage? And exactly how would this be realistic?

How about just not getting scrap we have to throw away?

You use them to make kindling (for woodscraps)

You use them to combine into larger pieces (for metal, since they're no longer scraps, but lumps).

They're hardly "useless" things that you need to throw away.

oh lol i tough its a bug because it only happens with fishing hooks and nothing else,so if its intended its even worse than i tough

Edited by Nume

Aye as Stargrace mentioned, js did the ring and metal scrap bit until Rolf changed it to just lower ql lump. Which is nicer imho. I neither have to wait hours nor force-cool the scrap for re-heating.

The lower ql stuff or "junker" is not by any means useless. I use it quite a bit myself mostly nails, ribbons, and items that need alot of iron. Course that is probably more due to iron deposits being much more regionally scarce when I was a newb.