Sign in to follow this  
paterso

Non-Summoned Zombies

Non-Summoned Zombies  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think This is a good idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, if it was changed (State the changes in a comment)

of course i love zombies. But it would be cooler if they only raised from the dead on marsh tiles. And also everywhere on Halloween day of the wurm year.

Why marsh? that doesn't make much sense

There are dead things! Dead faces in the water.

All dead... all rotten. Elves and men and orcses. A great battle, long ago. The Dead Marshes... yes, that is their name.

• Like 1

Nor would I. I'd be toning down the occurence to 2.5% chance or 5% chance, every 1 in 10 wurm nights having a zombie raid is too much. But I do believe it would be fun.

I think having it happen on an all hallows eve day would be nicest cause everyone would know it was coming. It would feel like we were passing through the wurm year as well.

a full year has 336 days -> http://wurmpedia.com...ex.php/Calendar

Wurm day lasts for 24 / 8 = 3 real-life hours.

(3 rl hours) x (336 wurm days) = 1008 rl hours per wurm year

(1008 rl hours) / (24 hours in a rl day) = 42 real life days per wurm year.

But zombies should be unexpected, so make it only have a 'chance' to be a zombie apocalypse once a wurm year. Maybe just one or two when the chance fails, but only cause its wurm's all hallows eve. Maybe only on the pvp servers. Give them something special back. (But then again a chance in wurm is contraversial, so could make it a 50% chance every 3 wurm years to have a zombie apocalypse, but on the other years just a couple.)

btw, there is already a mob created that is a zombie. This change shouldnt be something fancy. Just simple and easy.

No spreading of disease. That can and would be abused.

Although the idea of zombies coming from bodies would be ideal, it could and would be abused.

There are dead things! Dead faces in the water.

All dead... all rotten. Elves and men and orcses. A great battle, long ago. The Dead Marshes... yes, that is their name.

Someone asked why Marsh tiles? Cause that is the history of zombies. But more significantly there is no marsh at player spawns. This would make the new players not have to deal with zombies while they were learning the game mechanics. It would be known that zombies would be expected at marsh, in the same way that horses spawn on steppe and spiders in a forest.

Edited by Kamikazifly

But more significantly there is no marsh at player spawns.

ahm.. wut?

some kind of "halloween apocalypse" sounds like a cool event to me tbh. However I still would stick with the idea of corpses having a very small chance to become zombies through the entire year

It has to be low, otherwise there's no point in calling it an event. I would expect it to be so low that it happened 2-3 times a month, if not 1-2 times a month.

more like once a year. on haloween?

more like once a year. on haloween?

some kind of "halloween apocalypse" sounds like a cool event to me tbh. However I still would stick with the idea of corpses having a very small chance to become zombies through the entire year

if you do it make it were they can't enter player houses and I think all tiles have a chance for zombies also graveyards should be somthing you can make so you can bury like guards and player bodys could be buried and if you do the grave yard that should be a area to let zombies come to life and I think the zombies disease should be tranferable and I have noticed about once a day in real life their is a red moon that would be perfect for a zombie apocalypse I would probably stay in my house on those days when zombie apocalypse happen and just watch the carnage and another thing stone shards would be good for is making tombstones another skill and it would be funny to be able to actually be safe behind walls it is a good idea please use my ideas it is a really cool idea.

if you do it make it were they can't enter player houses and I think all tiles have a chance for zombies also graveyards should be somthing you can make so you can bury like guards and player bodys could be buried and if you do the grave yard that should be a area to let zombies come to life and I think the zombies disease should be tranferable and I have noticed about once a day in real life their is a red moon that would be perfect for a zombie apocalypse I would probably stay in my house on those days when zombie apocalypse happen and just watch the carnage and another thing stone shards would be good for is making tombstones another skill and it would be funny to be able to actually be safe behind walls it is a good idea please use my ideas it is a really cool idea.

Wurm, as far as I know, isn't like games such as Dwarf Fortress, where there are designated zones. Graveyards sound tough for the dev team to implement imo. and well, I don't know of any aggro's that just go into your house casually anyway. If the door is locked you should be fine against zombies imo, I wouldn't expect them to be able to bash walls.

It has to be low, otherwise there's no point in calling it an event. I would expect it to be so low that it happened 2-3 times a month, if not 1-2 times a month.

With this frequency: +1

With this frequency: +1

I think others suggested that it be a GM even instead. Whilst GM zombie invasions would be good, I think that frequency of 1-2 times a month is good. It will mean we don't have confused newbies every other day asking why the zombies are about, meanwhile it will encourage the more experienced players to start burying their corpses (Myself included, because frankly my deed is like an uprooted graveyard)

Perhaps an event GM is in order. Someone who on whatever frequency, at random places in wurm creates and manages positive (noncombat) and negative (combat) events of whatever type to stir the pot a bit and shake some dust off the general day to day goings on. Zombies, unicorn flash mobs, gifts from the gods, plague etc.

Perhaps an event GM is in order. Someone who on whatever frequency, at random places in wurm creates and manages positive (noncombat) and negative (combat) events of whatever type to stir the pot a bit and shake some dust off the general day to day goings on. Zombies, unicorn flash mobs, gifts from the gods, plague etc.

I think the problem is that GM's are typically busy. MrB was as far as I know the only one to really be dedicated to putting up zombie-fests.

If it was rare enough, then I believe it would manage itself.

Possibly not even having a set amount of times per month, but just a very low Percentage chance each day for it to occur (low enough to work out to roughly 1-2 times a month)

So get someone who only does that probably be a line up to do it for free.

If so, I'm first.

cannot spawn within deeds or within a certain radius of deeds, to prevent random swarms of zombies spawning inside deeds, maybe make them move towards light sources also :P

it would be really cool if they could spawn on a deed just make sure people can be safe in a house or fenced in area

This whole idea is AWESOME!

I just want to add, if killed by a zombie, corpse automatically becomes a zombie (maybe after a certain time has passed(1 hour) to allow you to recover your stuff)

Maybe make them Stronger (nearer to 50FS) at night, and Weaker (the suggested 25FS) during the day :)

My idea is this:

What if human corpses left for a period of time greater than their 24 hours of loot-protection, have a chance of turning into a zombie?

No.

This whole idea is AWESOME!

I just want to add, if killed by a zombie, corpse automatically becomes a zombie (maybe after a certain time has passed(1 hour) to allow you to recover your stuff)

Adding to the main post :)

Hmmm for the idea that if you retreat into your home and lock the door. However in most televised movies and shows that happened to involved zombies wouldn't it be logical that if a huge amount of zombie lets say 15-20 zombies gathered pushing and smacking the door would possiably cause it to be damaged heavyly by this? I do like the idea that they are stronger at night than in the day. At night it seems though your basicaly going to be out of luck once they sniff you out in your home. Also what if they went after noise and light sources like if someone is ming in an open mine then that would cause some zombies to come after them in the mine. Or say someone is walking through the forest with his/her lantern on the would possiably attract them. I however find the idea of planting corpses so that the case they turn into zombies would attack the nearest player or settlement quite intreguing I mean in the kingdom vs kingdom scenerio they could use catapults to sling corpses over the pallisades. Then thier is the possiablity the corpses turn and become zombies and begin to attack the people unless they burn the bodies and or damage the head extensively. Also on the idea of the viruse or bacteria or whatever you want to call it being transferable it is a possiable realistic fun attachment. I mean of course if you don't want it to be lets say the zombie bite are contaminating and cause to quickly to get worser and worser unles properly treated and fixed. (I.E. healing covers and speacil ingrediants and all that.) However for the spawning i don't know how to approch that. They should be able to spawn in most places like marshes and other places. However why not make them different like horses (Aye I know they are still just players who are dead.) However lets say if thier on a steppe then they are i don't know slightly decomposed more than the other? Liek if thier in a cave then they are not very decomposed at all and if thier under water then they are waterlogged and heavier and move slower? However hit slightly harder than the rest. I also believe that if they are hit by ranged weapons they should be like the target witht eh arrows stuck in them. Well i have more ideas to come so forgive me if thier are not any good ideas in my post. I am just trying to help with the ideas for wurm.