Sign in to follow this  
Himythu

Searchbox In Inventory

I tried to search up if this feature is requested before, but strangely i cant find it so here is my request :)

• A Searchbox on the inventory, for items there. also when you type in " Wetstone " and hit enter if its found you activate it.

Heres my argument for this feature to be implemented

Sometimes my inventory gets real messy, alot of items and i want to find my steel and flint, this again is inside my satchel and i spend alot of time just looking for the steel and flint.

Now that i found my steel and flint, and light up the forge, everything is set for imping only to find that the wetstone i was looking for was not in my inventory but in one of my storage containers ( after spending 5 minutes looking for the wetstone in my inventory)

The toolbelt is great but, not to find certain items :)

While I can sort of understand what it can be like to try and find something (usually me trying to find something that is no longer there) I'm not sure I would want screenspace taken up with a 'seachbox'.

The quickest way I find is just to right click on the 'name' field at the top and choose 'expand all' then scroll down to find it. Also helps if you keep various things together in an organised manner instead of random bags/containers.

Personally I would prefer my inventory to save its positions so I can group and organise items respective to thier use, never have quite figured out why its so random

• Like 2

Personally I would prefer my inventory to save its positions so I can group and organise items respective to thier use, never have quite figured out why its so random

Agreed, if it just saves the positions.

Totally agreed. Surely the client can save the current inventory order to a file when exiting and then put things back into this order when you reload the game again.

i could live with the saved order instead, but screenspace could also be solved with a small button that activates the search function and makes it appear.

Or another tab next to name that activates search, this again gives the possiblity to sort on what you type in? you type WET then everything that starts with WET is sorted to the top?

u do know its spelt "whetstone", so your search wouldn't help you in this case.

As for the idea, I don't see it being so useful. Saved order of items I can understand (we are creatures of habit after all) but surely you are carrying too much stuff if you have enough unique items to be able to do a search function faster than just scan down the list?

ok not in this case :)

But yes, make the list in saved order would make a huge difference.

Make the belts usable and to save its equipped item positions - so players can have a belt for blacksmithing / carpentry / leatherworking / etc. For ingreds we may use sacks attached on belts for grouping. This maybe will work better.

have you tried hitting the name tab and putting it in alphabetical order?

Eh I dont care if positions are saved persay. Now if inventory at least sorted itself by name upon loading that would be awesome. Granted even the most well-designed sort algorithm uses overhead. Not going to bother getting into such since they have been academic exercises for decades.

Heck make it an option in settings or perhaps even a command or bind to be executed in autorun.

Other options for finding certain items can include adding more hotbars as bandoliers, sheaths, scabbards, etc.

Edited by Klaa

The inventory disorder is by design, it's an anti botting thing. That's why it also randomly reorders it now and then even while you have it open.

Of course nobody likes this "feature", nobody likes anti virus programs either but we've learned to live with them.

Hmm I've never seen it randomly reorder it while open, maybe I wasnt paying attention. Wouldn't the toolbelt basically bypass that tho?

Hmm I've never seen it randomly reorder it while open, maybe I wasnt paying attention. Wouldn't the toolbelt basically bypass that tho?

No, because you can only put tools in the tool belt, not the stuff yo use the tools on.

Naming containers is a good way to get around this... for example, my buddy has a tailoring bag that contains all of his leather and cloth gear, and nothing else. My house is a massive mess of things, but I have nearly everything sorted and can find any specific item in under 30 seconds. :)

No, because you can only put tools in the tool belt, not the stuff yo use the tools on.

Im sure a macro program can just hit the sort by name at the top first before going into action, as you mentioned tho when imping the required tools pop up randomly so botting isnt easy with or without a saved inventory list.