Sign in to follow this  
Torgrim

Slowburn Enchant For Lamps

Add a "Slowburn" enchant that reduces burn rate by a percentage, say max enchant could result in a burn rate that is about 10% of normal burn rate meaning a "slowburn " lamp could potentially last 50 days.

This should probably work only on plantable lamps, not lanterns and oil lamps.

Dont forget forges and fires in general.

Edited by Klaa

No. Stop making every nerf somehow turn round and benefit priests, again.

• Like 1

+1 to what Tinkerer and Asciana said. Instead of suggesting new enchants that allow priests to pretty much undo the nerf, just undo the nerf entirely...

• Like 6

No. Stop making every nerf somehow turn round and benefit priests, again.

this. every time something gets nerfed, theres a suggestion that priests should be able to undo it. Why all the focus on priests? they're useful enough! either revert the godawful change, or give everyone a way of making the nerf less of a pain.

• Like 1

this. every time something gets nerfed, theres a suggestion that priests should be able to undo it. Why all the focus on priests? they're useful enough! either revert the godawful change, or give everyone a way of making the nerf less of a pain.

agreed

• Like 1

Undo the nerf. Yes sure, that would be even better but I doubt that will happen. Rolf makes more money with the current system because it forces more people to use guards. More need for priest is also good for Rolf because priests cost money. Priest are also quite fun so, why not? What's wrong with priests? Without them I doubt I would still play this game... And realism is not an argument so just skip using it as one, there is nothing realistic about this game anyway.

-1 The Dark should always be Scary!

woot2.jpg

Edited by Uberknot

Undo the nerf. Yes sure, that would be even better but I doubt that will happen. Rolf makes more money with the current system because it forces more people to use guards. More need for priest is also good for Rolf because priests cost money. Priest are also quite fun so, why not? What's wrong with priests? Without them I doubt I would still play this game... And realism is not an argument so just skip using it as one, there is nothing realistic about this game anyway.

I shouldn't have to choose between paying for a 2nd premium and grinding up a priest, or spending all day harvesting olives, just to make my village look pretty at night. it looked good before, now it doesnt. Isn't this a backwards step? Wurm is such a pretty game... i'd like to see it.

Wraith I agree. But currently that is not the case. So if Rolf sticks to the current implementation I think the enchant idea is pretty good. And you don't have to buy a second account, just pay someone in game to do some enchants...

'Some' enchants... We are speaking of a far too serious problem (made-into-problem) for fixing it with any enchant here. Or do you expect people with 100 lamps (which isn't even all that much for many deeds) to pay 100 silver or so per deed and per mine just to keep the lights burning? With still a stiff bit of work and still the need to make a complete olive-forest on deed (or buy and make a new deed just for that) on top of it I might add, seeing its slowburning, not ever-burning? Even if it took away a full 90% of what we are looking at now... now we are looking at roughly 12 trees and al the recurring work around it needed per lamp.

Generously speaking, taking away 90% still means about a tree per lamp. Do you have 100 tiles, or double that if you have mines to light, free on your deed to plant olivetrees on just to keep up with the 100 lamps around? (Plus of course a number of extra trees for those lamps placed off-deed in your area, seeing there is little hope of ever finding a still-full tree in the wild from now on, or even a tree period seeing most olivetrees have been and are being cut down due to people hating them)?

A more sane solution for the want to use olive-oil may have been to give a serious perk like olive-oil burning considerably brighter then tar to just the personal lanterns. Wouldnt have been an idiotic amount of work and space and possibly money, and would still have led to olive-oil usage becoming a lot more attractive (but... as a choice, no more). (Also an enchant on just the personal lantern to futher lower the pain would then be more acceptable I think).

• Like 1