Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Irc Not Logging Me Out

I am having trouble with IRC not logging me out I have like three names now in the channel we use. I have even logged out of the game for 20 minutes to see if it would log me out of IRC and still no luck. I have also noticed that it has been taking a longer time for my characters to log out of the game when i leave it takes about 5 min sometimes i don't think it took that long before.

Anyone else seeing any of this or is it just me?

Edit: I restarted my PC and it seems to be okay now not sure what the deal was.

Edited by Kegan

Okay for some reason if i don't restart my PC after i log out of Wurm the next time i log in i get a numbered name and my old name is still in the IRC channel. Anyone have any idea why this is happening? I can't think of anything that has changed that would be causing it.

Wurm might not close properly and you may still have the javaw process hanging around. The IRC server should kick users when the connection was lost like when java crashed.

Sounds like what Ago mentioned, make sure javaw is closing properly, I hang around in irc if it's still running in my processes too.

This is the problem but why is it not dropping the process when i close wurm? How would i go about fixing it so it will close again the way it should?

This is the problem but why is it not dropping the process when i close wurm? How would i go about fixing it so it will close again the way it should?

/>http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/60929-game-not-fully-closing/

That's what fixed it for me, disabling the pbuffer. There's been a few other with the same issue too and it seems to have solved it for all of us.

http://forum.wurmonl...-fully-closing/

That's what fixed it for me, disabling the pbuffer. There's been a few other with the same issue too and it seems to have solved it for all of us.

This is not working for me it makes no difference if it is checked or not. Any other ideas?