Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Public chat session on Wednesday 2nd april at 1500 hrs CET (1400 hrs GMT)

The chat log from yesterday is long and will not be published publically since it was an internal project meeting. I don't have time to edit it either. These are some things Uzetaab took note of that were considered high priority:

List of player tools & fixes

need a way to be able to change email accounts

Gift premium

Client fixes-make the interface more windows like. (move/resize colummns, arrows on the scroll bar clickable etc)

Chat gui

More Map dumps

MR characters need some solution if they lose premium

Custom key interface

Visible char customisation

There will be a similar public meeting the next wednesday 2nd april at 1500 hrs CET (1400 hrs GMT) in #wurm in irc.

Welcome then everyone!

I thought my "chat gui" note might not make sense to a lot of people who weren't at the meeting, so:

The chat GUI (graphical user interface) could do with an small overhaul. Make it a bit more user friendly, perhaps add some buttons & stuff. Give users some options for it's look so that they can change it if they have trouble reading it. That sort of thing.

Wolfram, could you elaborate on every point as such?

I know it might be a little time-consuming, but I think everyone who wasn't there would appreciate it greatly.

Damnit, I have to work that morning  :'(

I'll just leave myself logged into IRC overnight and look at the logs later, I guess.

List of player tools & fixes - Yes!

need a way to be able to change email accounts - Yesh!

Gift premium - No more temporary passwords, yay!

Client fixes-make the interface more windows like. (move/resize colummns, arrows on the scroll bar clickable etc) - What about a complete rehaul? Give us a proper Equip system.

Chat gui - Clickable URL's please

More Map dumps - Why? Give me multiplie floors instead :3

MR characters need some solution if they lose premium - Agreed

Custom key interface - Hmm... What? Half-Life style config mapping?

Visible char customisation - Pretty please!

My thoughts.

The thing I miss most about the chat is that you can't highlight and copy text.

You can't do that in most MMO's

List of player tools & fixes

(That was meant to be a heading)

This refers to the email accounts used to register player accounts.

Gift premium

Allow players to be able to pay for other people's premium without having to gain access to their account. Probably something similar to referals

Client fixes-make the interface more windows like. (move/resize colummns, arrows on the scroll bar clickable etc)

Eventually, we want to get to paperdoll inventories & that sort of thing. Baby steps.

Chat gui

Already did this one

More Map dumps

There will likely be at least one more map dump that can be used to show the difference that players can make with terrraforming etc. There is also the problem of there being no way to stop less honest players from getting the map by cheating, so we may as well make it available to all & eliminate the advantage.

Most likely they will be converted to JK & sent to the landing.

Custom key interface

Yes, a way to customise keys other than editing files.

Visible char customisation

Visible armour of course, but there was talk of improving dye. Being able to put multiple colours on objects for example. Carts with racing stripes multiple colour armour :o

houses

There was also talk of more building materials for houses & internal walls.

There was some talk about some other stuff, but I refuse to elaborate ;)

This is true, but WURM is alot more ALT+TAB friendly than most MMO's, with long action times and slow pace. Its as if it just dares you to tab out and browse the net everytime you click "mine" ;). To be able to copy links directly from the chat would be a nice convenience.

Wurm isnt like most MMO's.

There had better be some kind of grace period (for you to buy prem, not play) when the premium ends, otherwise it's a big fail :P

One thing i think needs looking at which is quite annoying, is that over the past few days I've noticed that MR and HOTS player models are very buggy, they tend to disappear and reappear when walking. It can get very frustrating in raids sometimes.

another on while we are at it is sometimes i cant target also it say im busy while fighting so i have to back off which i cant do while in pvp

There had better be some kind of grace period (for you to buy prem, not play) when the premium ends, otherwise it's a big fail :P

good point. perhaps a chat command that sets you to either convert or lock out would be best. You'd only be able to set it while you have premium. & the next question is which should be the default?

First reaction: Dumb idea.

Yea, a convert/teleport "ok" command to be entered before loosing premium would be ok.

Most people know that they are joining a premium only kingdom and know they can not log in unless they have premium.

With all due respect where in that list is:

~Advertising. Please don' tell me it has a cost,  I offered free links to game listing websites and even went to the effort of a brief description of what was needed (very little).

~The Endless fustration of Fight nerf's and never-ending changes.

~The few hundred other bugs we are still waiting on before new game content compounds the problems.

I won't be able to attend so that's my 2 cents, no refunds.

We would get like a thousand new players if we had an advert on PA or VGcats.

First reaction: Dumb idea.

Yea, a convert/teleport "ok" command to be entered before loosing premium would be ok.

Most people know that they are joining a premium only kingdom and know they can not log in unless they have premium.

The reason for this is that although we have tried to make it plain that MR is premium only, some players will invariably miss that & we don't want to lose a player over a little thing like that.

With all due respect where in that list is:

~Advertising. Please don' tell me it has a cost,  I offered free links to game listing websites and even went to the effort of a brief description of what was needed (very little).

~The Endless fustration of Fight nerf's and never-ending changes.

~The few hundred other bugs we are still waiting on before new game content compounds the problems.

I won't be able to attend so that's my 2 cents, no refunds.

~That was discussed at length, but I figured you would not find it that interesting. Basically, there are still a few more things we want to get done before we advertise. Another few months.

~It never came up. Which indicates to me that we are moving on from fighting for a while.

~We focused on a few of the more significant bugs. Most of them I can't elaborate on.

One thing i think needs looking at which is quite annoying, is that over the past few days I've noticed that MR and HOTS player models are very buggy, they tend to disappear and reappear when walking. It can get very frustrating in raids sometimes.

JK do the same.

That doesn't have anything to do with the models.

It's the "fix" of flying people, remember when you walked down a hill, you were up in the air for a few seconds. Now you get put down, that makes them disappear.

I care a great deal on the future of Wurm, was I in a position finacially I'd be freely investing.

Sadly you've only ever spoken to me when I'm mighty mad and need you as a gm or when I'm in a retarded silly mood.

Within 2 days I was a premmy to support and ran out for a new graphics card to learn it's even better when you don't play with 1-2 fps.

Wurm is like a good man, once you have it, you don't leave it or go back.

When you login you should have 5-10 minutes (Most people get a drink or snack while wurm loads up I guess) so they can choose to log off and stay MR or go JK/HoTS

On the same sort of note, please give us the ability to see our Challenge question when trying to retrieve passwords :/