Sign in to follow this  
Aldur

A Big Idea: Special Challenge Server/island For Freedomians

24 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this idea?

• [Yes] I love it! I want it! Now!
    • [Maybe] Hmm... could be interesting, wouldn't mind trying.
    • [Indifferent] I don't care one way or another.
    • [No] This is stupid, devs should spend their time on other features.
    • I'm playing on Epic and thus don't care.
    • I'm playing on Epic but would like such place too!

It is that place I tell you about... A savage and misty island, where monsters are deadly and plentiful, mysterious and strange creatures of great power lurk in the thick fog, at deepest night and in thick jungles, where air itself makes everything rot and fall apart, where no wall or house shall keep angry minions at bay and where even templars are said to be 'fraid to appear. Within that deadly place, lie ruins long abandoned, dungeons long forgotten, secrets long hidden and treasures long passed in legends only.

And those who dare disturb... only the grandest of heroes can hope to survive. But their tales are often found strange, for many adventurers find the world not as described. As thou... the island's alive and always changing.

PS. I purposefully leave detail out of this picture, because there are countless ways to make it happen and I'm not expert enough on this game to think in that large scale. Instead I just want to see if there is interest, both from players and devs and perhaps spark a little creative discussion that could iron out the shape of such feature.

Edited by Aldur
  • Like 1

More details please, is this intended to be a HotA-style island where you go there for an event and then leave?

It could be like that I suppose. It could also be normally accessible, by having dynamically generated attractions like for a rough example: dungeons. Once such place is looted, it would quickly disappear and the server manager would regenerate something else, somewhere else. Of course such things could also be fully controlled by game moderators, that would in this case make all the decisions where, what and how - like a game master of a tabletop RPG. Of course that is extra programming for some simplified API to easily moderate everything on such island.

But one thing I'm certain, this place would have to be hardcore and deadly, not another server to conquer by deeds on every tile - at best a temporary place/event for a group of players looking for some proper adventure.

Edited by Aldur

There are already dungeons if you know where to look, abandoned mines and villages all over the show, don't see how that's helpful. All that will happen on this new server is 70+FS hunters will go there and farm it for meat for their Vyn priest friends.

I agree with Epic_Sojourner We have very little players on the servers we have, now if it was like a constant event where you could go and fight say, fight the Kyklops or the Troll king but they be 2x as strong, and nobody could build towns or houses that would be kind've fun, or if maybe there was a chance that the person who got the final blow got something special like a very rare item or something of that sort.

Edited by lelovito
  • Like 1

No...No...NO maybe in the next 5 years that would be great maybe once wurm has started advertising and there is a player-base larger then 600 daily players.. Stop making servers seriously all that is happening is were spreading the few players on to even more servers making interaction as well as trading/communication 10x harder. In all seriousness im not shooting your idea down like i said maybe in the years to come but now is NOT the time for it at all.

I like the idea if it's to use the server as a place to host special monsters, dungeons, events, etc.

However, my stipulation would be that no deeds would be able to be placed, no guard towers, walls, or stone houses could be built, etc. Anything built during one campaign would be wiped before the next campaign. Basically - make it so unfriendly and inhospitable that players would not actually "live" on that server for any extended period of time, but would only go over for the campaigns.

Hook it up to the east of the existing Freedom servers and it'd be set.

To echo Sojourner... NO new standard servers until we get more players. Please.

• Like 1

what Moxie said, plus no skillgain and no items taken from server, so you leave with when you arrived with

I agree with Tich most of all - we don't need a new place to settle, and we really don't need another way for high-fs players to gain what nobody else can (special drops etc). Special events (respawning dragons without drops etc) would be nice, but I certainly wouldn't put it as a high priority.

A true PvE server without everything being penned up? Love it... but would love to bring a horse along with me.