Mattson

Song Of The Day (No Trolling, Just Music)

Not trolling.... Genuinly love this song. 😜 💃

• Like 2

Happy Friday, everyone. Hope you all have a great weekend. :)

• Like 2

Literally got stared down just now, for dancing to this in my bed lol 🤣

Sometimes you just need a feel good song, to pick you back up.  👍

• Like 1

Mott the Hoople  -  All the Way from Memphis  -  LIVE

19+ years later and still love love love Birthday Massacre! 🖤

Edited by Amantnovi
typo
  • Like 1

Hey all. Long time.  Thought I'd drop in and share this.  Judas Priest is baaaaaack.  Still going strong for 50 years and after the near tragedy of Richie (lead guitar) having a ruptured aortic aneurysm on stage during the song Painkiller, Sept 26 in Kentucky. He finished the set and collapsed back stage after the show. He nearly died. That's one brave, strong man who wouldn't stop the show, though he knew something was horribly wrong and in pain.  He's back now and touring again, and playing his backside off as usual. (can see the scar from the open heart surgery in some of the close up shots).  Halford is still going strong too, at 70 yrs old. He has had his share of misfortunes as well, up to and including fighting cancer more than once. Kudos to them.  All respect!  I had tickets for the Oct 6 show, which got cancelled of course, due to Richie's misfortune a week earlier and then was unable to go when it resumed. Someday I hope. 

p.s. And for all those young idiots who always jump on the dis-the-boomers bandwagon at any opportunity, and who think that makes them look "cool," just ask yourself how you yourself will deal with what these guys (and many, many others) have dealt with for 50 years. Will you have the fortitude to carry on?  Don't kid yourself, it'll happen to you someday too and there's nothing you can do about it no matter what they're telling y'all these days. Catch y'all later, perhaps.

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 2

Just wanted to add this to the above about Richie Faulkner, for those who may be interested.  He gave this statement shortly after the surgery.

Riche's Statement:

Maniacs… I’ve always been grateful for the opportunities I’ve been presented with. I’ve always considered myself THE most fortunate man ever - to be able to play my favourite music - with my favourite band - to my favourite people around the world… Today just being able to type this to you all is the biggest gift of all… As I watch footage from the Louder Than Life Festival in Kentucky, I can see in my face the confusion and anguish I was feeling whilst playing ‘Painkiller’ as my aorta ruptured and started to spill blood into my chest cavity…. I was having what my doctor called an aortic aneurysm and complete aortic dissection.

From what I’ve been told by my surgeon, people with this don’t usually make it to the hospital alive….. I was taken to nearby Rudd Heart & Lung Center and quickly went into what turned out to be a 10 ½ hour emergency open heart surgery. Five parts of my chest were replaced with mechanical components…..I’m literally made of metal now…. It could have all ended so differently – we only had an hours set that night due to Metallica’s performance after us – and it does cross my mind if it was a full set, would I have played until total collapse…? If it hadn’t happened in such a high adrenaline situation would my body have been able to keep going long enough to reach the hospital…? The amazing Heart & Lung Center was 4 miles away from the gig site – if it had been further away…….. We can always drive ourselves crazy with these things but I’m still alive thankfully. Whatever the circumstances, when watching that footage, the truth is, knowing what I know now, I see a dying man….. I’ve been moved to tears and humbled by friends, family, my fantastic band, crew and management and also you guys sending me videos and messages of love and support during the last week – I thank you all so much and although I have a recovery road ahead of me, as soon as I’m able to get up and running again, you’ll be the first to know and we’ll get back out there delivering the goods for you all….!

One last thing maniacs, this came totally out of the blue for me – no history of a bad heart, no clogged arteries etc…my point is I don’t even have high cholesterol and this could’ve been the end for me. If you can get yourselves checked – do it for me please…… Lots of love and see you down the front again soon…. Richie…

• Like 1

Have a happy Tuesday everyone, and remember you are special to someone. Shine bright and make someone smile today 🙂

11 hours ago, Burdok said:

Have a happy Tuesday everyone, and remember you are special to someone. Shine bright and make someone smile today 🙂

Nice message to see when going through a rough time. That's made me smile, so thank you. 

My song of the day.

• Like 1