Mattson

Song Of The Day (No Trolling, Just Music)

maybe a "troll post".. not a song.. but it's music so.. 'njoy

5 hours ago, Scottfree2 said:

Wow, Never heard of these guys before:

Evening, this is a helluva find,  a collaborative concert w full engagement of the audience :)

I found the band about 3 days ago, and I instantly fell in love, it was this song I have first heard with them.

They are a Gothic Rock band, although I find them to be more Rock - Folk than Gothic, but they're great.

What amazes me is not only the public's reaction (I do not believe I have heard before so much interaction between a band and its audience), but also the fact they sound as good live as in studio.

There is also an official video for this song, with the collaboration of another two Gothic Rock band lead vocals (Lord of The Lost and Lacrimosa) and a known actor/musician from Germany, Joachim Witt.

I'm sure @Malenawould like this!

And because we're at it (I'll stop after this, I promise!), here's a studio song of them, for comparison with live performances:

• Like 2

Floor Jansen & Henk Poort - Phantom Of The Opera | Beste Zangers 2019

This show has blown up huge on Utube, and this particular video has had over 400k views in about one day .. its the end of this season, but what a great season it has been :)

• Like 1

I love this song.  And of course I still love Dimash.  :)  

Another of my all time favorite singers, Ramin Karmloo, with a truly beautiful voice.  Singing one of my favorite songs from Les Miserables about the sadness of being a survivor of a battle in the revolution, but his friends are not.

edit: As a side note, when I say I like Les Miserables, I most emphatically do not mean that Miserable abomination of a movie that they called Les Miserables and that more than likely had Victor Hugo rolling over in his grave as well as the writers of the musical being deeply offended.  But, meh, just my unbiased, unimpassioned, neutral opinion.  lol

Edited by Amadee

Ok, last one today.  lol.   Found this and thought it very clever putting this music to LoTR.  This is another song I really like from Les Mis, at the start of which is Ramin Karimloo.  :)

Lacuna Coil really is one of my all time favorite bands, their repertoire are amazing through and through.

If i shared this before and it got deleted due to its single expletive, i aplogise i couldn't recall.
James Euringer is the lead singer of Mindless Self Indulgence, who are having a hiatus while he experiments with his new label.
he married Chantel in 2008. Chantel is best known as the lead singer for the rock and `power pop` band `Morningwood`
I love MSI with a passion, the harmonics of this song also resonate strongly with me.

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Steveleeb said:

If i shared this before and it got deleted due to its single expletive, i aplogise i couldn't recall.
James Euringer is the lead singer of Mindless Self Indulgence, who are having a hiatus while he experiments with his new label.
he married Chantel in 2008. Chantel is best known as the lead singer for the rock and `power pop` band `Morningwood`
I love MSI with a passion, the harmonics of this song also resonate strongly with me.

lol.  You have no idea how much this fits in with my mood lately.  Great song and catchy melody as well.  :)   I'll be looking up some more of their stuff.  I like them.

• Like 2

One random question - someone knows who "invented" the guitar riff near 0:18 and then repeating few times across this song? I'm 100% sure I heard it in several Helloween songs as well (most notably "Halloween" around 0:55), but no idea where it was actually used for the first time.

not sure why i can not add my playlist... it keeps changing the link to different videos! youtube.com/watch?v=CTUsFm0BAu8&list=RDCTUsFm0BAu8

The Dark Element - "The Pallbearer Walks Alone" (Lyric Video)

• Like 1

Ayreon - The Day That The World Breaks Down - The Source (2017)

Recent discovery i just had to share .. Ayreon is a one man project, w many guest artists ..  this track comes w commentary from project leader Arjen Anthony Lucassen

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Scottfree2 said:

Ayreon - The Day That The World Breaks Down - The Source (2017)

Recent discovery i just had to share .. Ayreon is a one man project, w many guest artists ..  this track comes w commentary from project leader Arjen Anthony Lucassen

Wow!  Nice find.  Stellar musicianship, vocals, and pure creative genius.  I'd give this 2 likes if I could.  :)

Enjoy the weekend guys! 

Edited by SweetSusie
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 10:14 PM, Amadee said:

Wow!  Nice find.  Stellar musicianship, vocals, and pure creative genius.  I'd give this 2 likes if I could.  :)

This entire album is awesome. I posted it here once already, but here we go: :)

• Like 1