Mattson

Song Of The Day (No Trolling, Just Music)

well i only recently made it back from Mount Fuji where the Japanese female metal bands such as Fate Gear, Aldious, Bridear, Band maid, Galneryus etc reside, now im being drawn up Jinjer mountain.

While Pisces was personal for Tatiana (the vocalist), about feeling as a Pisces she has 2 opposing sides to her personality, This one is a warning against allowing any entity, government or person to tell u what to think.

Most of Jinjers stuff is about matters that concern them, guess u could say they are an activist band if thats the right word.

• Like 1

ALIEN WEAPONRY - Kai Tangata (Official Video) | Napalm Records

ALIEN WEAPONRY - Hypocrite (Official Music Video)

• Like 2

@Scottfree2Wow, I really like Alien Weaponry, thanks for posting that.  Amazing they're so young (14, 14, & 16), with such a mature sound and subject matter, and their musicianship is stellar.  I just listened to a bunch of their stuff on youtube with translations. I especially like that first one you posted, Kai Tangata, the vid fits the lyrics perfectly. 

I like this one too.  (gotta hit the CC button to get the lyrics)

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Amadee said:

@Scottfree2Wow, I really like Alien Weaponry, thanks for posting that.  Amazing they're so young (14, 14, & 16), with such a mature sound and subject matter, and their musicianship is stellar.  I just listened to a bunch of their stuff on youtube with translations. I especially like that first one you posted, Kai Tangata, the vid fits the lyrics perfectly. 

Thank you Amadee, good to see these guys getting some cut through, was beginning to think no one had noticed em :).

You're a little off on the ages tho, ... " Alien Weaponry was formed in 2010 by brothers Lewis and Henry de Jong, aged  8, and 10 at Waipu New Zealand"  .. so they're actually music industry veterans  ... well, not really :)

Ive been binge watching reaction videos for Kai Tangata for a while now, it has to be said that the Maori language seems particularly well suited to metal music styles.

Going to be fascinating to see what these guys can achieve in the future.

• Like 1

Yeah, they're old men now I guess. (16, 16, 18? More?). hehe.  I agree will be interesting to see how it goes for them. They're playing somewhat near me in Sept. Gonna try to get to the show.  :)

2 hours ago, Amadee said:

Yeah, they're old men now I guess. (16, 16, 18? More?). hehe.  I agree will be interesting to see how it goes for them. They're playing somewhat near me in Sept. Gonna try to get to the show.  :)

Agreed, i listened to the song before seeing your post.  The sound is way more mature and developed.  My mind did a wtf backtrack like wut this can't be.  Yah if they are making this now, wonder what will be to come.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 5:16 AM, Scottfree2 said:

well i only recently made it back from Mount Fuji where the Japanese female metal bands such as Fate Gear, Aldious, Bridear, Band maid, Galneryus etc reside, now im being drawn up Jinjer mountain.

While Pisces was personal for Tatiana (the vocalist), about feeling as a Pisces she has 2 opposing sides to her personality, This one is a warning against allowing any entity, government or person to tell u what to think.

Most of Jinjers stuff is about matters that concern them, guess u could say they are an activist band if thats the right word.

what's compelling and artistic about this is not only the lyrics as a political activist type message about freedom of thought or control of it, yet also using the duality of her voice to make the point without words to to express we have so many varying sides to us let them all be.  I'm quite sure that's intentional, or perhaps just my read on it.  There is something beautiful about this duality here.  I'd imagine it fascinating to hang out with them for a while, prolly quite intense attimes.

Not exactly music, but this is kinda fun .. i guess all the other metal bands are wishing they had a Haka equivalent they could roll out for their audiences, cos lets face it, Line dancing or Morris dancing just doesnt cut it at a metal concert :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bloodscythe said:

what's compelling and artistic about this is not only the lyrics as a political activist type message about freedom of thought or control of it, yet also using the duality of her voice to make the point without words to to express we have so many varying sides to us let them all be.  I'm quite sure that's intentional, or perhaps just my read on it.  There is something beautiful about this duality here.  I'd imagine it fascinating to hang out with them for a while, prolly quite intense attimes.

Yep .. i dont usually get into band personalities and histories or record company spin, but in Jinjers case i have looked at some interviews .. Tatiana seems very impressive, articulate, smart, and altogether cool .. shes also somewhat of a Freak of Nature .. she says she doesnt follow any especial regime to preserve her voice, still smokes and drinks and doesnt wrap herself up in cotton wool between shows as i believe many singers have to.

Can't resist one more of Alien Weaponry.  Fairly new one with a slightly different feel but very catchy. It grows on ya.  :)

• Like 2

Celebrate the fringe, talent comes in a variety.  Great spoon work!

• Like 2

A song made for wurm, and I sware, by wurmians.

• Like 2

Rich lyrics, makes me want to micro-brew pub crawl, an oasis for small indy bands too.

• Like 2

It's not about what you think it is , yet fits for that also.

上原ひろみ ザ・トリオ・プロジェクト - 「MOVE」ライヴ・クリップ

Hiromi Uehara The Trio Project  "Move"

One of the absolute best living pianists we have .. i particularly like that she loves to play fast, and she doesn't mess about with drawn out endings .. she plays for 7 or 10 minutes, then she goes "right, im done", and bang its over.

This is probably her most ferocious piece, so wont be everyone's cup of tea i image :).

Hiromi - Wanderer [Live at Tokyo International Forum Hall A]

This one is a rather more mellow piece

Edited by Scottfree2
  • Like 1

Queen of the Murder Scene by The Warning - Live Across Multiple Venues

3 Sisters, a year or two younger than the Alien Weaponry guys, but talent and skills beyond their years and they write their own stuff too. 

Had to add this one just for the opening Bass solo .. enjoy :)

Edited by Scottfree2

Title caught my attention, but has nice lyrics and the cadence is either nice on road trip night shift, or chillin on porch

19 minutes ago, Autumnoc said:

Title caught my attention, but has nice lyrics and the cadence is either nice on road trip night shift, or chillin on porch

Oh nice, slow for wurm clientele mosly but awesome lyrics and casual beat.  If  you listen to the lyrics oh how much it makes me reminisce of those times when you are newly in love how silly fun things are, jumping on the bed like kids, amazing open laughter, footsies under the table, pinky finger wraps on arm rest while driving,  they eye glint wink across room at a party each doing their own thing but saying hi without words,  embarrassing the other at the checkout line of grocery shop by reminding them they forgot to pick up some embarrassing hygene product that they truly don't use.