Mattson

Song Of The Day (No Trolling, Just Music)

I'm not good at introductions, but this song can speak for itself : - )

• Like 1

unable to download in my country, video unavailable message.  I"m in the US

Ah, too bad...

Maybe this live-version, same band, same song, different singer, less quality, still awesome.

Edited by Amaluna
  • Like 2

Great song to make bricks by.. 

Heard it while watching vids for an upcoming trip to Jamaica.  So I looked it up.  Not posting the vlog I was watching as it's a lot a talking in between, but this kept playing during all the adventure parts like river rafting and stuff.   So catchy it's hard to get it out of my head. lol

• Like 1

@Amalunathis is crazy, like everyone has stepped up the game of choice and editorial.  goods strings and cello or base.  oh wow hypnotic, and such a fiesty carnivorous vocal on the lead..truly could  listen to this in a loop..am I crazy, it makes me feel in love!! oof call me Geike Arnaert i'll try my best to learn dutuch and flemish dammit!! I listened 4 times and i feel all giddy and ardent!  She has an authentic believable sexiness to her voice, looks, music. I better call upon my friends potatoeonstick, alyeska, and chlodevech for language finesse. 

@Amadeemmmm a great hip swivel back beat to this  I love this..there's some jamaican,  zydeco fusion with one of my favor obscure groups of a deep forest sound.  I LOVE THIS  

@Prideso rich like the a rangpur vodka tonic and lil later small cordial of grand marnier.  great horns strings n keys and her voice is luscious the way velvet cake is, thank you for that offering.

Edited by Bloodscythe

7 hours ago, Amadee said:

Great song to make bricks by.. 

Heard it while watching vids for an upcoming trip to Jamaica.  So I looked it up.  Not posting the vlog I was watching as it's a lot a talking in between, but this kept playing during all the adventure parts like river rafting and stuff.   So catchy it's hard to get it out of my head. lol

hahah i had such a different reaction to it than river rafting, I had transported to some clubbin with glow body paint on just lips and eybrows, fog/mist machine black light, and amid all that the smell of shampoo in someone's hair and a citrus and clove perfume on neck...feels like one of those places in altanta that's an old mansion or church redone into intimate high end club that becomes rather unforgettable with large murals on the walls, heavy drapes, some gilded pictures of rather bacchanalian rubenesque du jour and glinted metallic rough scaled waterfall wall.  your may or may not like an odd group that i just love, Deep Forest. This song you posted had me think about it some.  I worry a lil i may be sharing  abit too much rl but i think it also does a decent job to explain the person behind the character that's played all these years and my quirky humor and such the collection of song postings and editorial windows of expression.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 1

Well now this, i've found to be likely the most provocative of illustrative work in a very long time..it seems a nod to the devastation of capitalism and or over consumption or greed and it's fall out.  not that i'm subscribing to the thinking , yet hailing the artwork..for that all really should watch this a few times..each illustration is great.  the very first one had me think of @Votipand his lust for micky D's at the cost of premm in wurm.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 2

@Bloodscythe    I will keep posting  songs here,  just because I love to read your reviews.

You should be a poet or maybe  a songwriter.  Or maybe one day you will write this one book that everybody will love, but very few will understand :D

Here's another great poet. He wrote this song after his mistress broke up with him.  Feel the pain !

I hope this one will link all the way to merica. (with english subtitles for your convenience)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amaluna said:

@Bloodscythe    I will keep posting  songs here,  just because I love to read your reviews.

You should be a poet or maybe  a songwriter.  Or maybe one day you will write this one book that everybody will love, but very few will understand :D

Here's another great poet. He wrote this song after his mistress broke up with him.  Feel the pain !

I hope this one will link all the way to merica. (with english subtitles for your convenience)

TYVM Amaluna, i'm having fun experimenting with showing some thought and music taste, and hoping the expression of both avail something to others.  I had to laugh very hard with a  twinge of a side stitch over "

Or maybe one day you will write this one book that everybody will love, but very few will understand :D"  I have indeed heard that said that way a few times. wut must be even funner is to see my face transition when i read all but the last part, for it takes a sharp lane change and is sadly true.  You've made my day though for i know you get it enough to recognize the don't get.  I remember a quote in one of my all time favorite books 

"It does not matter that only a few in each generation will grasp and achieve the full reality of man's proper stature-and that the rest will betray it.  It is those few that move the world and give life it's meaning-and it is those few That I have always sought to address.  The Rest are of no concern of mine; it is not me or The Fountainhead that they will betray: it is their own souls." Ayn Rand

so in short, it is not most that will understand me, it is not those for who I write.  My impetus rests solely in those few that do get me and perhaps are then enriched as such.  Bloodscythe

Edited by Bloodscythe

@AmalunaAye that gut ripping pain of that poem and performance.  It had me remember a very obscure yet highly creative way to express love poems, a true story from one love who lost another and lost in the desert.  It's set to somewhat Bhangra style yet each portion of the poems are read by different celebrities.  It won't be everyone's cup of tea but it certainly is very unique and deeply inspirational beautiful.

This is the wrong setting, and daring risk as such to post it here, but perhaps a silent few will listen to it and be taken by it.   Admittedly you have to be in right state of mind.  I tend to think of incense , heavy warm air filled with herbal and floral fragrance mixed with the creosote in the telephone poles,  heated motor oil , tire rubber, and detritus from nearby roads in the dark of the night.  Lights off a  must, flowing diaphanous drapes  flicking like a candle light in the shift of the breeze flooding in from outside.  If you have a sleeping porch or screened porch with daybed or lounge even better.  could be a nice offering for those newly in love when the passion is all consuming and gripping and enrapturing.

On 6/13/2019 at 1:07 AM, Bloodscythe said:

Well now this, i've found to be likely the most provocative of illustrative work in a very long time..it seems a nod to the devastation of capitalism and or over consumption or greed and it's fall out.  not that i'm subscribing to the thinking , yet hailing the artwork..for that all really should watch this a few times..each illustration is great.  the very first one had me think of @Votipand his lust for micky D's at the cost of premm in wurm.

I gave this a "like" but i actually hate it because it is essentially correct.

You damn well should be concerned about it.

though tbh such massive cultural social and economic  changes are needed that there is no chance we are capable of rising to the challenge..

How screwed are we? .. how about this food for thought ..

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/mar/15/microplastics-found-in-more-than-90-of-bottled-water-study-says

Apologies for getting away from the spirit of this thread.

I will have no further comments

Edited by Scottfree2
  • Like 1

No idea what this is called, If i recall correctly, lead singer is a judge on the russian version of "The Voice" i think, the other 3 may be folks shes mentoring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottfree2 said:

I gave this a "like" but i actually hate it because it is essentially correct.

You damn well should be concerned about it.

though tbh such massive cultural social and economic  changes are needed that there is no chance we are capable of rising to the challenge..

How screwed are we? .. how about this food for thought ..

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/mar/15/microplastics-found-in-more-than-90-of-bottled-water-study-says

Apologies for getting away from the spirit of this thread.

I will have no further comments

I think commentary is very much part of the spirit of the thread.  It's also why i'm doing it.  ever look at art unexplained..has one impact..having someone along that shares either a back story or feeling about it, adds totally more to the experience.  that's my thinking.  yes I loved the work in that in the way i loved hannibal lecter not cause i love pscyho killers but because he was so masterful at what he did.  The illustrations are so disturbingly accurate I love the genius behind the work, but scared outta me pants about the truth of it all.  I get you.  I think others enjoy the comments too , so don't hold back.  I'll look at your link as well.

keep sharing great music and great thoughts..after all music is and expression of feelings and thoughts through sound..this is what they are communicating to us..just different medium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottfree2 said:

No idea what this is called, If i recall correctly, lead singer is a judge on the russian version of "The Voice" i think, the other 3 may be folks shes mentoring.

@ammarhelpe me with russian, need to write to my russian bride ie supra ^

GES - En Jävel På Kärlek  | Here ya'll go, some classic 90's Swedish music. You'd be hard pressed to meet someone who haven't heard this that grew up during that time.

This is actually from an episode of Stargate Atlantis.  Posting it without the scenes from the episode just because it's such a hauntingly beautiful song all by itself.  This one is for non-fans of the show.  Just music.  :)

Aaand.........(LOL)... for fans of the show, same song but with the episode part that went with it.  It's the one where Teyla is singing the circle ceremony for her dead aunt while a crisis is going on when Cauldwell is taken over by a Goa'uld and sabotaged the city & they need the access code.  Cool to watch.  Now I'm gonna have to dig out my DVDs.  hehe

WIND ROSE - Diggy Diggy Hole  | A metal cover of the classic, what more than that can I say?

• Like 4

I was passed this from an indispensable friend in wurm who knows I like blues, as well as lyrics that possess some there there along with a soupçon of other subject matters of traversing emotions along with transcending the literal with figurative word play.  I thank you dude, not just for this but for all the other album links..a  treasure trove of savory and chicory!  You possess the understated anonymity the artist does so you shall be of no name but know of who I speak of/address.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 1

@pride Wow, wonderful cover. You've probably already heard the original, but just in case

• Like 1

Slavic.Great for playing in background.

Some kind of mix of Two Steps from Hell with slavic music.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 9:01 PM, MissWilc said:

Tom Waits  ❤️

you are such a well versed music officionado that it'd be a blast to go into one of those music shops that let you listen to things before buying and sample.  That would be a fun day of amazing music and richness.  It's clear it's a side hobby of yours.  Hey ms. Dj, put another record on so i can dance for......

I always find it interesting when someone has such depth in an area, yuh wanna tap into that vast knowledge and usurp some to be a better self.

Edited by Bloodscythe

On 6/16/2019 at 5:53 AM, Wilczan said:

Slavic.Great for playing in background.

Some kind of mix of Two Steps from Hell with slavic music.

would love to take out 4 or 5 "songs" of wurm music and implant some other things..one would be this, captures alot of the wurm feel.  maybe this is queued when sermoning or rift starts

On 6/17/2019 at 1:57 PM, Bloodscythe said:

you are such a well versed music officionado that it'd be a blast to go into one of those music shops that let you listen to things before buying and sample.  That would be a fun day of amazing music and richness.  It's clear it's a side hobby of yours.  Hey ms. Dj, put another record on so i can dance for......

I always find it interesting when someone has such depth in an area, yuh wanna tap into that vast knowledge and usurp some to be a better self.

Gotta find one of those music shops! Haven't seen one in years/

• Like 1