Mattson

Song Of The Day (No Trolling, Just Music)

Ok, shameless plug time. Video of my grandaughter singing at a recent gig she did (local bar) and posted to her facebook page. It's the first second vid on the page.  Not the greatest sound quality but sounds great to me. (of course my opinion is majorly biased, lol)  Give it a look see anyway.  :)

https://www.facebook.com/meganjademusic/

The song is Amy Winehouse's Back to Black

edit:  lol. It's the second vid on the page now, the one at the Silver Lake Lounge. There's a new one up now, (good one too, imo, Purple Haze) from another gig at the Lexington, downtown L.A. One of the premier dive bars. Dive bars are a thing now, they're even advertised as such. hehe

Edited by Amadee
added song name
  • Like 5

In love with electro swing, hoping at least 1 person here enjoys it as well :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ddrosler said:

In love with electro swing, hoping at least 1 person here enjoys it as well :) 

This is great. Especially the Lindy with the zombies.  ;)

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1

Ok, so I'm in reggae mode today and decided to share a couple of my all time fav reggae artists.  The late, great Gregory Isaacs and Dennis Brown. RIP.

These songs are fun and lighthearted. And if they don't make you feel like dancing, your skin is on way too tight.  lol

This one is from the 1990 Sunsplash in Montego Bay, Jamaica. I was there in the crowd. Can you see me?  lol.  Great song, and they're joined by a few others at the end, AJ Brown, Maxi Priest & others.

Gregory Isaacs, Night Nurse

Edited by Amadee

Two more. Great music. :)

Gregory Isaacs at the '91 Sunsplash

Dennis Brown at '90 Sunsplash.

With a single finger to his lips, and a wave of his hand, John Williams silenced thousands as he began to play the theme of our Princess we miss so much. Aside from the obvious power of the force that Mr. Williams showed that night, I know what it is like being in a large crowd of fanatics like that and I am amazed and awed by the amount of respect they showed that day quickly hushing to enjoy the amazing moment that was unfolding. It gives me a glimmer of hope for our human race in all this time of silly drama we are making for ourselves whether it be about walls, statues, kneeling, or even PvP vs PvE vs Epic stuffs. :)

Not the Spear tracks i wanted to post but i cant find em :(, so instead, almost as good ...

Last of the fun, dance-able, reggae I wanted to share.  :)

Chalice is another of my all time favs. Their instrumentals are stellar and the lead singer is amazing.  And I love how they add a touch of humor to most of their performances.

This is one from the '90 sunsplash i went to. The lead singer does a characterization of 3 reggae singers and then shows his own opera quality voice. Great dance song as well.  :)

And this is a fun version of Marley's Roadblock they did at the '82 Sunsplash with their typical touch of humor. Great musicians.

Last but not least. Steel Pulse. Another favorite band. Also from '82 Sunsplash.  They always have the most amazing bass lines.

Edited by Amadee

Stevie Ray Vaughan  -  Texas Flood  (Live)

Stay well Texas

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 2

Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings - The way it will be (Live @ Jills veranda)

cranked up high allowed me not to fall asleep while farming k's of tiles and made mining with a string of alts fun for hrs

• Like 1

Shameless plug time again. lol.  Clip from Megan's last show. I edited my last post to reflect that the one I was posting at the time is now the second vid on the page rather than first. 

This latest one, Purple Haze is just a short clip but very cool imo. (and guitar player playing behind his head and with his teeth, lol)  Give her a "like" if you have a facebook account, but give her a look-see even if you don't.  :)

https://www.facebook.com/meganjademusic/

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 2