Sign in to follow this  
Epic_Sojourner

Fishing Pole Vs. Fine Fishing Pole.

Is there any functional difference between a regular fishing pole and a fine fishing pole if they were both willow and 60ql? is one better or different then the other functionally? or is it just a duplicate with a different hook material?

Many things in Wurm are a mystery to even the most veteran of players (and, we often suspect, to Rolf as well)

So while we often have BELIEFS about how/why/when something in this game works, and those beliefs sometimes even get canonized into the wiki, its always a good idea to just ... well, as Tich says, Test It And Tell Us!

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

So...nobody else in wurms history has already tested this?

I'm shocked.

Well prior to standardized testing does anyone have any theories on it?

I grinded up to 85 fishing on wild, my regular fishing pole never broke once and i wore it down to 15~ QL many a time. I finally broke it because im an idiot and it hit 100 damage and turned to dust. Since then i think hes messed with the breaking rates though

I've always heard that fine have a higher chance of getting special fish on a special tile.

test it and tell us!

Now thats just plain lazy, Tich.

Unless one of the most psycho fisher cooks I know of actually doesnt know? :o

I think one is just as good as the other, both rod types the same. Although thought I don't want to spend my entire life on making new 80ql fishing rods because of a nerf.

Now thats just plain lazy, Tich.

Unless one of the most psycho fisher cooks I know of actually doesnt know? :o

Never used a non-fine rod. Pifa is still using the original one i made her (and about 6 others), lowest ql is 3 and highest is 85. The 3 is used in a small pond in a cave for skill gains (skill gains are a lot less than it used to be), the top QL fine rods are used when going deep sea fishing for marlin as get better QL fish when using it.

Heh goes to show the validity of untested assumptions. So you find fishing in cave ponds to give better exp than open sea fishing, or merely safer?

Heh goes to show the validity of untested assumptions. So you find fishing in cave ponds to give better exp than open sea fishing, or merely safer?

Skill gain used to be more if fishing in a small pond, not so sure since the update, but i suspect its still the same, also as you only catch roach and perch (with an occasional carp) so you get a lot less damage to the rods.