Sign in to follow this  
Darkmalice

Celebration Community Map Project - Discontinued [Close]

Be moving this to the main thread soon. Two other things to note;

1) Towers may not be added where their position overlaps with an existing deed. Tower positions should be given in relation to the deed token, not 'we have a tower now'.

2) If you wish to be shown as a market, festival or sermon site, this replaces the homestead/village/town/city icon.

Northwatch, Semper, Golden Maple and Exousia are one alliance.

Colour?

In that case, some updates are in order!

(copied from the Village Info)

We are in the Northmere Alliance.

The Alliance consists of:

Eden, Hronraad, In Praedium, LIberty, Mount New Hope, Sky Reach, Storrfjall, Strathwyck, The Dreamrealm, Thera, Wealdin Anchorage, and Windy Bluff.

Some of these aren't on the map yet. One, "The Dreamrealm" is mislabeled as "The Dreamlands". Here's all the update info:

1. Wealdin Anchorage is a City, size 61x43.
  2. Windy Bluff is immediately south of Strathwyck by one grid, at 49AP
  3. In Praedium is a homestead immediately east of Mount New Hope, at 53AS
  4. The Dreamrealm at 50AR has a guard tower.
  5. Sky Reach is north one grid of Storrfjall, and just a tiny bit west, at 51AU
  6. Thera is at 54AW, and is a town.
  7. Strathwyck, Mount New Hope, and Storrjfall are all homesteads.
  8. Eden is a City, size 71*91

Hats off to you for this excellent map.

Edited by Garis

New map is up. See OP for details.

If you must, the old one is available @

/>http://noizeviolation.com/wurm/celebold.png

It will not be updated.

Edited by Darkmalice

Damn, that's awesome DM. I'd also like to inform you that right at the cross of 47/48 and BI/BH is a public clay pit that Northern Sanctuary raised. Also, at that area there is a public market (I think you could consider NS a town + market, as it has active members, non-alts, and covers over a 19x49 area, as well as has public markets). :)

Edited by Xallo

Tried to cover it all in the OP, but if you want a Market icon Xallo it'll have to replace the Town one, unless they are separate deeds. Otherwise it'll be the merchant symbol alongside the Town.

Wow Dark, this new map is amazing! Great work!

Could you update Shadowlands (AB13) to be a City? I don't remember the exact numbers but our upkeep is nearing 15s, and we have 2 Spirit Templars watching our area. (No guard tower yet, but we'll be working on at least 1). Are colors for Alliances only? I'd like Shadowlands to be Black or Grey (something shadowy but still retain a proper look) if that's at all possible, if not I completely understand.

Also there is clay around the coast of AH9 and we will let you know when we finish our project of eradicating the horrible marsh along the coast AC14, its a pretty large project with the amount of floorboards needed but we will not let it spread any further!

Also at Z12, the terrain is mountainous all the way across but it is climbable, though through the middle of the mountain there at that tile we've made a tunnel through.

Edited by JTShadow

Please move Jamestown to U-54 north center of the grid square there. 1219 tiles so should be village.

Also tar at Y-56 and Y-54 (at Iron Mountain)

And that mountain by WIndstone should be a peak. You can see the whole server from up there.

Thanks.

Great map BTW.

Edited by Sarcaticous

You can keep Northern Sanctuary a Village (just read that part of the OP) and add the Skilled Leatherworker icon to it. As noted earlier there is a clay patch above us. :)

Edited by Xallo

Since you have icons for different trades, there should also be icons for each priest type.

Grass, Marsh and Moss tiles look too similar, as does sand and step, could you adjust the colors please

Hilton does not exist 57,Y

Moria is a town (next to Hilton)

Edited by Gimli

I love the map project but I don't understand the conversion to the new cartoony look, or replacing the y coordinates with alphabetic.... Just my 0.02

I was boating around today scouting out the marked markets. I think it might be worthwhile setting up some form of scale for markets, maybe on size of the icon. Based on how many active merchants the market has? Or have a minimum before it's listed as a market?

So that a market with only a single stall, which is empty, would not be listed the same as a market with 10+ full stalls.

Just an idea

Gimli: it uses the same textures as the game does.

Atticas: I wanted a change from squares and more precise coordinates.

Tek: I will update the OP

Now to sort through my inbox...

this map looks like something done in farmville on facebook. I like the old map. at least the graphics look like a down to wum look from

sky from google earth.

• Like 1

Nothing stopping you from using the map dump. I, however, am choosing not too.

DM,

This map is awesome. The pace of updates has been equally awesome. Thanks so much for your hard work.

blafckwidow.png

the blue line means nothing, just shows were the area ends.

little bit of work, but if your bored, enjoy :) thanks

ps: i LOVE the new map!!! good job

edit: i guess the way it works, it would be 5 villages? cause they are all different deeds, just the same owner, idk, you do it how you think the rules apply to it ^_^ thanks

Edited by Narlis

I assume all one alliance Narlis? Preference for a colour?

yes all one alliance, you can pick a color for me, not something girly though please ^^

Hi,

Please add Stadfesta to 58AV, kinda where the tree symbols are. Stadfesta, Aboreal Vale and High Hrothgar are all villages according to your criteria and all three are members of the High Vale alliance. Could have High Vale showing instead of the individual deed names?

I like both styles of map, this new one is great as a map of what's where but I think I'll refer to the old one for any overland journeys for the more detailed terrain - keep up the good work DM it's much appreciated.

Tomar

Great work for the map!

Can you please add the Village named Riddick City on 37BC a part of the Alliance Fried Red Potato Bay.

Thanks see you in Game :)

Atticas: I wanted a change from squares and more precise coordinates.

Ok... making the squares smaller isn't a change from squares. I just think changing a system was was pretty well established on the server is a mistake.

Well, I'm assuming most people have the level of intelligence to adapt. It's actually clearer if x and y axis aren't using the same numbering system.

e.g. often people would say 23,46 or 23y, 46x instead of the expected x, y. Now it doesn't matter which way around it is said, as it is clear that numbers are x and letters are y.

And by 'change from squares' I was referring to changing how deeds are represented (in answer to your cartoony look statement), precise coordinates is in answer to the latter part of your post regarding x,y.