Sign in to follow this  
Darkmalice

Celebration Community Map Project - Discontinued [Close]

Love the new map, really has character.

In regards to the deed classifications, i tend to agree size is more of a constant than number of villagers, villagers come and go all the time which as Dark mentioned would be too impractical and require constant changes to deeds and the map.

Edited by York

Way to go, you made all the maps for the other servers look tacky! :P

Looks great mate. Once I've got my dirtwalls going would love to see Blakcbird Abbey with a walled icon. But for the time being you can just add a Mailbox icon to it, merchant icon and armorsmith too. Interesting seeing how many allied deeds are out there! :P

Edited by Emoo

I think the new map looks great, are you going to include tailor in the trades?

Yes cymmy, looking for a decent icon to use still (I left room at the bottom of the key for that actually). Problem is most of them are needles, which are very thin in appearance.

Great work DM! Maybe use a bobbin of thread with a needle through it for Cloth Tailors? Or folded cloth?

A pile of jewelry (rings and bracelets) for Jewelry Smiths? Bricks with a pile of mortar for Masons maybe? Shovel with a pile of dirt for Terraformers/dig sites?

I love the look of the new map... amazing detail and nice to see at a glance approx. how big a settlement is and what's around it... best map I've probably ever seen for any game. (and I've played a lot of games)... now to figure out how to make maps 1% as good for my D&D campaigns lol.

Could you please add the village "Genesir Camp" at 39x 31y on the NE part of the small strip of land in this square.

With all my thanks.

Very nice work, Cydonia should be classified as a City though, also you can add a mailbox, guard tower, and you could list it as a sermon site

Edited by Rhodes

Northwatch, Semper, Golden Maple and Exousia are one alliance.

Hey DM, this is just awesome! I must say I like this kind of map a lot more than the "pseudo-3D" map dumps :)

My deed "Whitehaven" has not found its way to your new map yet, so I'd like to ask you to add it together with its neighbour "Birch Grove". They are located at 37S and 38S respectively, as shown in this picture:

whitehavenrpg01.jpg

According to your criteria they are both "villages" (21 x 21 tiles).

Thank you and please keep up your excellent mapping!

One small correction is needed on the Stiggmatta placement. Each of our village names is prefaced by the name Stiggmatta, as we are Stiggmatta Nation. Rather than put it that way on the map, can you please put Stiggmatta Nation under our area.

Suppose its time for an update now the Island deed sizes are set and secure ^^

UnionIslandUpdate.png

Those are the correct locations for the settlement tokens

To your classifications, Union Island is a City and Union Valley is a Town, both are allied. (any chance of a gold colour? :D )

Edited by York

I think you'll be happier with how stigmatta is represented on the newer map Kid, do you have a colour preference for your alliance? (I've made it orange atm).

Well I'm glad it's liked. If anyone can contribute locations for tar & clay, it's really lacking those atm.

Darkmalice - that is SERIOUSLY impressive. I'm amazed at it - and it has such an old-school RPG (D&D) feel. Very well done. Thanks man :) One quick adjustment (not a big deal) - but The Sword Coast is 41x41 so should be a Town.

Thanks again!!

kruggan

Oh - and there is clay in grid BI x 26 - on the north face of that mountain beside Sword Coast in water.

I think it's BC13 that's not crossable in anything but a boat because of shallow clay. Also the south shore in AW19 is a good spot for clay.

Wow. I am not on Clebration but it is for sure much easier to read I think for travel. Good job