Sign in to follow this  
Postes

Re-Allow Teleporting From Insanity Path When Enemies In Local.

For people who don't know there's basically at level 9 ability on the Path of Insanity that allows you to randomly teleport to a random tile on the map - it could be anywhere, even lava, or the ocean, or in an enemy deed.

Take into consideration how long it takes to get to level 9, along with it's only one path of five. Not everyone does this path, so it's not a common tool every fighter has unlike a farwalker twig. I know someone will say, "No, I don't want people escaping when I'm PvPing." Again - think about how long it takes to get to level 9 on a path, and even then teleporting away doesn't secure any safety. A small map like Elevation can easily toss you right back into enemy lands and get you killed.

My problem is that it's disabled when enemies are in local, but why? Is that not the exact intention of the ability? To escape? If you can not use it in PvP when are you ever going to use it? No one is sitting at their deed and says, "Hey I'm just going to randomly teleport now." It's a wasted ability on a high level if it's disabled with enemies in local. People grind Meditation, and get jipped with that ability because in the only situation is viable in, it's disabled.

(No I don't have the ability on any of my characters.)

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

+1, it's kind of useless now

would be nice if it couldn't be activated in combat, or just right after combat though.

Edited by BrQQQ

I never saw it to be anything other than a major dice roll. Some people considered it a "get out of jail free" card, but as you said, the meat of the matter is a person could use it and teleport into a situation that's 10x more miserable than the pvp they were just involved in.

Yeah, exactly. If that ability sent you back to your own deed I'd understand disabling it, but you could easily use that and end up teleporting 5 tiles to your right.

-1, elevation is a tiny map, so being teleported to a 'random location', isnt that much of a challenge since you can walk back home avoiding enemies fairly easy. Its a boring ability to add anyway.

Does Recall Home still work with enemies in local? If so, it seems pretty silly to nerf this without nerfing that, as that's a much more powerful ability.

+1 It would still be a fairly big gamble to use..

-1, elevation is a tiny map, so being teleported to a 'random location', isnt that much of a challenge since you can walk back home avoiding enemies fairly easy. Its a boring ability to add anyway.

Tiny map or not, without a horse in enemy lands = alot of trouble.

Does Recall Home still work with enemies in local? If so, it seems pretty silly to nerf this without nerfing that, as that's a much more powerful ability.

I do not know, but I would imagine it doesn't. That is too powerful because, as you stated, it has a set destination. Elevation is pretty crowded, 10% is owned Blacklight, so there's already a 10% chance you'll end up in enemy lands. There is as much equal risk in teleporting as there is having enemies in local kill you.

And really how many even are on Insanity path and have level 9? There is probably very few, I would imagine that's only 2-4% of Epic Cluster.

Edited by Postes

Used when enemy in local, ok +1/0 Used in actual combat -1

Maybe a set time after pvp as well, to prevent just getting out of range and teleporting.

Let's not forget that it can drop you in water, right? With a large portion of the map being water, there's a chance that you could escape your enemy, only to end up at sea and drowning.

Let's not forget that it can drop you in water, right? With a large portion of the map being water, there's a chance that you could escape your enemy, only to end up at sea and drowning.

No, if you end up in the ocean you can wait an hour and teleport again.

No, if you end up in the ocean you can wait an hour and teleport again.

That's still an hour out of the game, waiting on someone to come get you, hoping an enemy doesn't boat by, or logging out. Still extremely annoying and discourages people from teleporting. So, if it's balanced like that, then allow it.

Why would anyone being insane tp away from enemies? -1

Manic-Depressive? +1 to the idea

Insane does not mean stupid. I certainly would have used it on Hardscar when I got attacked by a blacklighter with a dragon pet. If he had had it at that time.

Maybe they should drop some items if they use this to escape?

Maybe they should drop some items if they use this to escape?

Sure, and maybe people can drop items when they use a twig too.

If the ships goin' down and you're running, might as well. It's a risk, that's the point of it, but tell me what the point of that ability is at all if not for PvP? I mean.. I don't really think people are just sitting there going, "Time to fly!" and using it every hour. It's an escape tool, but you can't really use it to escape, it's a bit of a paradox.

If it was re-enabled to work as old, a fighting-engaged cooldown timer would certainly be good.

Maybe a sever-wide message announcing the usage of the ability, if there's really a desire to keep this ability from getting too powerful. That would mean people would know the teleporter is all alone, has no horse and would be a good target for locate soul.