Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Chaos Changes

I joined today's HotA an hour after it started, Its not my choice to have noob's running around instead of peoples mains.

No, it's Rolf's. He's the one who put HotA right next to JK lands, and as far away from MR as you can get.

Fount this funny... So i left wild cause i got tired of all the pvp nerfing and just didn't feel like playing on the server anymore.

I am doing some woodcutting and get talking with a local. He is a nice guy and we end up talking about wild (first freedom person that i talk to about chaos where i'm staying)

some quotes:

[21:58:09] <Samjj> And why would you want a persistent property on wild? because you should go on it thinking everything you own can be lost in a blink of an eye

[21:59:13] <Samjj> That's why I first came to freedom, and maybe plan to go wild, at somepoint maybe

[22:05:35] <Samjj> if you nerf wild, then what's the reason for freedom being there? If you don't want your stuff to dissappear, go freedom, if you want to experience exciting battles and all that jazz, join wild

[22:07:07] <Samjj> I think the wurm players have somehow lost the way how Wurm is best played as... but I can understand they're way of thinking...

[22:08:43] <Samjj> A game where you spend huge amounts of time, you become invested... so you don't want to lose that. But of course playing wurm can be... a little monotonous, so people grave for excitement, hence Wild

[22:09:28] <Samjj> So people think these 2 things should be combined, but they really shouldn't.

Thanks for letting me quote you Samjj :)

Edited by McDaniel
  • Like 1

But for many others it opens opportunities I guess its catch 22 damned if you do and damned if you don't kind of thing isn't it.

Then maybe it would be better that those 'many others' ask for this pvp full of restiction on a pve or new server, instead of ruining the only full pvp server there was in the freedom cluster.

• Like 1

I've been playing this game for some years now off and on, started back in 05 before we had fall dmg and towers and all that. Not long after HotS was first made. I'm sure you old timers remember me. I spent all my time back then on the single map grinding my skills to help with fighting and protecting our town. And I've been on wild from the start of the wild server. I've loved it..

I just came back to this game again just to see the things i loved most are now gone, that really saddens me. I'd like to vote for raiding in the other thread but it wont let me.

Not long ago , on this very map.. We have had 40 ppl in local, doing what? Raiding another town, both side going at it, both sides with something to lose. We used to go on tower bashing raids almost daily, all sides... Or chaining towers as far as we could to get a hold on a point to post raids from.. Man that was good times.

I for one know Kyara has always taken in new ppl and helped them with anything they ever needed to get into the wild pvp, allways... And i know many other Jk and non JK towns did and do as well. By the way, Kyara was huge in gold 1 as well, and guess what? It got raided a few times, "huge impenetrable fortress" hah!

Now, we have 4 pve servers.... WTH, why take away what was such fun for everyone on wild? I dont want the fast crazy skill sets of epic, i want the tons of uber fun we used to have on wild back. Now im unsure if ill renew after this month, and thats sad as well.

Heh for what its worth.

Truthfully. FFA PvP would bring quite a few people to the server. I for one, would be tempted to hop over from cele!

Raiding should be introduced. Rolf says it will help the server gain population but i will explain why it wont.

Firstly, those who want pvp and full raiding etc will not want to pla - thus losing the current population.

Secondly, those who never wanted pvp, or raiding wont cross anyway because they can still be killed and have their deed drained.

Raiding should be put in, other wise wild will lose what population it already has (not to mention i know of a load of people who would come back to chaos.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, July 1, 2012 - trolling
Hidden by Jberg, July 1, 2012 - trolling

Raiding should be introduced. Rolf says it will help the server gain population but i will explain why it wont.

Rolf says lamps work better.

Truthfully. FFA PvP would bring quite a few people to the server. I for one, would be tempted to hop over from cele!

PvP is FFA as far as i can tell.... you just take a rep hit and getting too low of rep just makes tower guards come after you. :P