Sign in to follow this  
morbiddog

When Will Action Speed Ups Go Live?

Me and a buddy of mine would really like to come back to wurm but were kind of waiting for the action timers to be lowered. Does anyone know when this will go live?

Generally, action timers have been the same for years.

action as in creation? if so there was some introduced on many bulk items, which also came with a "no damage / 0.01 damage if fail" which kinda screwed the whole grinding skill to create something good, made it useless mainly for those who have grinded months on end for the skill but better for newbies, kinda annoying :P

other than that, probably not for a long long time :P

Isnt the action timers for mass creating and stuff already lowered? Like a few months ago

• Like 1

What WKM said. The timers for all bulk items were decreased by like half.

Eh the items for which timers were tweaked were pretty much low skill, if any, items to begin with. However, they were also items in high demand: nails, ribbons, planks, shafts, etc.

Rolf just made it less of a chore to create large quantities.

As some people stated, the creation timers for certain bulk items (bricks and mortar included) were lowered a few months ago which was a positive for builders; however, in the process certain other timers were inadvertently (?) noticably lenghtened, mining being one, and these have never been reverted to their former shorter timers, thus I see the whole process as a bait and switch, wherein you give a positive benifit and then negate it by introducing a negative as a counterbalance and just end up with frustrated players in the process.

Of course the timers that were inadvertently (?) lenghtened could have been a unintended side effect of the shortening of the other creation timers but if that were the case why have they never been reverted back to their shorter timer status, as there has been plenty of time to do so over these past months. Riddle me this.

=Ayes=

I was wondering about the mining timer the other day, when i first started playing it took 20 seconds to mine a tile (within a mine) now im at 35 skill ish with an 80QL pickaxe and it STILL takes 20 seconds to mine a tile. That just seems wrong to me.

Ql of tools and woa do literally nothing until 50 mining, because the timer for mining has a theoretical limit of 30sec and an actual limit of 20sec, so the first -10sec you get from good tools and woa don't actually do anything until your mining skill starts reducing the timer too

Maybe this isnt the game for you?

Wurmonline aint for everyone, if you want instant action I suggest you go play another game.

Timers are much faster now than at any time I have played.

Me and a buddy of mine would really like to come back to wurm but were kind of waiting for the action timers to be lowered. Does anyone know when this will go live?

Action timers were lowered on some items recently, increased heavily on other stuff but thats wurm logic for you.

I don't think Wurm ever will have anything like instant timers like dumbed down games like Minecraft, but maybe something that can convince you and your buddy to come back is that

it is no longer possible to really fail to create anything anymore. That might be considered fun by some players.

The fact that you can now spend an hour making enough strings to spend another 20 minutes making cloth squares to make sails and NOT lose any of the said items instantly on a failed click has tremendously made the game so much more bearable, and like Wulfgar said, fun.

And ditto, to what everyone else have mentioned about action timers reduced significantly on certain items so that making them isn't so much of a chore now. In my opinion, it's beginning to feel a bit closer to just like how any other grinding session is in any other game/MMO.

I honestly suggest you give the game another try. And if you still can't get into the game. Then there's nothing much that will change your mind down the road because what you're asking Wurm to be is another game that it's trying not to be which is what makes the game so alluring in the first place - because of its uniqueness. If you can find yourself to appreciate the bigger experience it offers to you and accept it over some of the smaller mundane features I think you'll get a feel for the game.

• Like 1

Maybe this isnt the game for you?

Wurmonline aint for everyone, if you want instant action I suggest you go play another game.

Let's try not to flame newer players :)

I don't think that was really a flame. It sounded more like an honest observation. He also didn't say anything rude like "Go play a stupid game" or whatever.

On a side note, I don't like how we can't (or it's hard to) quote train on this forum.

Edited by Wort

Oh yeah Wurm grind has become much easier, more inline with a Korean mmo :D

Edited by Klaa

Every time CodeCub tries to reduce action timer duration its met with lots of vocal forum opposition. Around when Minecraft was still in beta, i think, the devs made a change to mining to speed things up. This was done as an intentional reaction to Notch's Wurm history and Minecraft's nearly instant mining behavior. I remember having like 15 consecutive actions all of which where around 4s, It was awesome. That got reverted to something quicker then originally but still nothing like the 4s dream.

Then we got the mass production stuff and again much opposition occurred not wanting things to be faster. The issue with action timers and mining folks are referring too will get fix, I'm guessing its a side affect of using a new math model that was designed for Epic skills and mass production items.

So we likely won't see what the OP wants anytime soon. Two things I would like to see are a last action key bind and automatic stamina regeneration for queued actions.

Lol you think I'm a new player. Been playing since beta and I'm a keeper of the faith. But i was asking about the mass production stuff glad to hear it has been implemented. The not loosing things on failure also sounds very nice. Ill talk to my budy and see if he wants to join back up. Thanks for the response guys.