Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Rename Deed At Token For A Fee

I would love to have the ability to rename a deed. Perhaps their could be an option at the token that would perform the action for a fee taken from the upkeep coffer (5s maybe)? No time limits or other silly restrictions, just a fee-based option so that deeds purchased may become more personalized to the new owner.

• Like 8

Dont see why not as long as it is announced.

+1

I mean, I love my deed, but the name Riften just makes me look like some kinda Skyrim fanboy. I'd much rather rename it Vigil's Keep and look like a Dragon Age fanboy XD

+1 i have disbanded before just over a name of my deed.

I have seen this suggested before and it would be good to have the option. I would give one free one for the First 24 hours a Deed is created. After that I would charge 2s and have a timer of 30 days between switching names. Thing is its better for Rolf to make you disband the land and buy it again ( I have done this many times ) So Good Luck getting this one in.

Edited by Uberknot
  • Like 1

I agree with the first post. Would be very nice to have without any restrictions besides that it costs like 5s.

It's an obvious option, it has no drawbacks and for alliances it is possible anyway.

An before anyone comes with the loss of income argument:

A lot more people would pay for a cheep rename than an expansive redeed, so it is likely to even increase income.

It's an obvious option, it has no drawbacks and for alliances it is possible anyway.

An before anyone comes with the loss of income argument:

A lot more people would pay for a cheep rename than an expansive redeed, so it is likely to even increase income.

That is actually a very good point. Deeds that aren't sold because nobody wants to live at "Joe's Farm" will have to wait for a disband, then all of the houses to decay. Meanwhile, the land is not making Rolf a single iron coin. But if Joe could have sold it to someone that loved the deed but hated the name, and that someone had the option to rename, Joe would have been happy and so would the new owner.

Goes without saying, but in talking about restrictions this should only be available to the mayor.

+1 Options and customization is a good thing. I don't see any harm in this.

Edited by joedobo

Would be nice to be able to rename deeds you own as long as the change is publicly announced similar to founding a deed.

[18:31:06] It is TIME on DAY in WEEK of the STARFALL in the YEAR.

[18:31:06] The settlement of Village_Name has just been renamed* New_VIllage_Name by Renamer.

*or similar word (rechristened?).

Maybe an option on the token or a tool action by activating the deed on the token.

Edited by Chromega

Would be nice to be able to rename deeds you own as long as the change is publicly announced similar to founding a deed.

[18:31:06] It is TIME on DAY in WEEK of the STARFALL in the YEAR.

[18:31:06] The settlement of Village_Name has just been renamed* New_VIllage_Name by Renamer.

*or similar word (rechristened?).

Maybe an option on the token or a tool action by activating the deed on the token.

It would also show up in the twitter feeds and history, with all the deeds that change hands from time to time it would be nice, you might love a deed's set up but not want to buy a town named Men at Work or whatever.

+1 to this! I'd love to rename my deed, but given it's size, disbanding and redeeding is out of the question. However I'd definitely pay 5s-10s to rename it.

Also, as mentioned above, this will make it easier to sell existing deeds.

I like this idea. I see no way the game is unbalanced by this. Also i think the name would generate more from this change as while some may re-deed for the sake of changing the name. Many more don't and would like to, 5s is much more attractive than re-deeding and is more likley to be taken advantage of.

Edited by Bonegetter

I am sure this has been requested before, but I support 100%

+1 from me :)

Yeah, has been suggested before, but it still gets a +1 again from me

+1 with the restrictions suggested in this thread and I think 5 silver would be a reasonable price.