Sign in to follow this  
York

Map Dump

I was wondering if we could get a map dump of Celebration? Now people are pretty much set up deed wise a map dump would be great for some community projects and most definately for trading!

Ya, a map dump would be nice, I'd like to see what Cele actually looks like.

He said, a week. A week will be Friday - We shall see then.

seen the topic and got all excited :(

I know the SE of the map would be nice to see the rest of it until i get a chance to go out and look for myself.

'Tis a bit disappointing it's not out yet. I'm too busy building to go out counting tiles either.

+1 to the map dump it has been long enough all the explorers have had plenty of time to look around.

Agreed. The time has come for a map dump. DarkMalice's map may not be perfect but it serves the purpose and is pretty accurate. We all know the general layout of Celebration now. It is time for clarity.

any day now? Please...Maybe!

Been more than the week mentioned on IRC for sure......

Did Rolf mention there would be a map dump this week or something?

i think he was asking for one today. I don't think we'll have one soon, just doesn't seem to be the way things work around here.

From my alliance yesterday

[09:10:07] <Tek> rolf replied to my email.

[09:10:14] <Iota> and?

[09:10:49] <Tek> welcome to wurm, no map dump yet but it's surely getting time for it so it'll appear pretty soon i think"

Take from that what you will.

Im guessing he was waiting for some settlements to be built up first, makes sense.

I think York meant he was waiting for the server to fill up before putting up the dump, which would have been taken before the server opened.

Oops my bad, hadnt really noticed Deli, on the Indy map it shows settlements and roads etc but I guess it was more a timing thing than something on purpose. But thats a good point Dark, I guess there is a good reason to hold it back, it would certainly have taken away from the exploring aspect of a new map, but due to yourself, DarkLivingstone :P theres nothing left to explore (at least thats what we need to tell Rolf! :D )

Maps that have settlements and roads on them are player-created. Having the dump as the background helps a lot, but we are the ones who add the "maps" top the dumps.

^ Actually York is right Seara (are you a recent addition to the staff?) the Independence dump was taken much, much later on in the server's life, so it shows a number of settlements, roads etc. Deli + Exo had theirs snapped before anyone had set foot there. One would assume Celeb would follow the more recent additions.