Sign in to follow this  
cmiddlebrook

Livestock Spawning Questions

It was great to see so many livestock on the new Celebration server on the opening; I saw some I had never seen before on Deli such as pheasants! However, I have deeded on an island just off the mainland and I had the crafting bug and by the time I had a workaround to allow me to get an animal pen up, the livestock on my island had already been penned up by the other players that deeded there.

So seeing as most animals don't swim, I am relying on new ones still spawning on the island to enable me to get them without trading. So, is there any guesses as to how long livestock are likely to still spawn for on Celebration? Is the spawn rate a server-wide thing or regional? I had a little explore round the island and some folks have already got around a dozen animals penned up so does that affect the chances of new ones spawning in the same region? Lastly, if I do an exploration trip of the island and don't find any, how long should I wait before going again? In other words, what is the spawn rate?

Many thanks!