Sign in to follow this  
Boj

Re-Spawning Of Dragons

the idea of simply making dragons not drop anything special from now on.

Not a bad idea

Bump. Keep the opinions coming guys. I'm tired of this issue being swept under the rug and it should be decided by Rolf once and for all for all to see.

That too, but also make them re-spawn because at the moment dragons are the largest window of opportunity in the game. Either this or remove them altogether, including all the armor.

If you can't bring enough to share, then don't bring any at all. We all should have learned that in kindergarten.

just because you're angry doesn't mean people should lose that which they've paid for. Shame on you.

Fix dragons, don't remove dragon gear.

simple as that.

I think wurm needs more players and servers first. That way, they could spawn at least once a month on one of the servers so everyone can't get the armor. Don't nerf the armor or remove it, its a good feature.

No way. No more dragons. Dragon armour is cheap enough as is. As a 15 year old, I was easily able to make enough money on Wurm to pay for a drake set after 7 or 8 months. I only paid for one account's premium, and did maybe 20 minutes of work, on average, per day in Wurm. Making RARE armour common is not a solution.

Do you realize that not everyone wants to spend $50 for pixels? Does that mean they can't have it?

• Like 1

Do you realize that not everyone wants to spend $50 for pixels? Does that mean they can't have it?

Who spent $50 for pixels here? Not me, I just *paid for my premium* which is how the game is supposed to work.

This seems to be heavily tied to money. I am curious how many people make incomes from this? What is going on behind the scenes in this game?

It seems to me that uniques always get killed by the same sorts of players that try to hoard the loot to sell for outrageous prices so they can continue playing Wurm for free at the expense of those that can't. I think uniques should not BE so unique. Rather, they should spawn maybe a few times a year on each server so that there are enough armor sets to bring the price down to a level where more than the elites can afford them.

Besides Zali, Xallo selling some for a short time and Elite's recent auction I rarely see scale or drake for sale, who are all these same sorts of players that are hoarding and buying a second car in RL with all this expensive Dragon loot?

While I dont disagree changes might be in order, I also dont believe a large group of players are " raking it in " at the expense of others, I also dont believe logging into Wurm entitles you exactly what everyone else has, I have a spyglass, are the people with no spyglass needing one as well and a thread should be begun, me and the wife have nice things we've made with chars we've worked hard on, should we feel guilty about that as well and give 10% of all we own to chartity monthy so were dont end up labled greedy bastards that only care about ourselves?

Kadore, no one is entitled to dragon armor, but what they should be entitled to is fair opportunity to create it. You also can't create spyglasses.

No one asked you to share anything; many players though, including myself, believe we shouldn't have to wait for a new server for a chance to MAKE OUR OWN dragon armor.

Kadore, no one is entitled to dragon armor, but what they should be entitled to is fair opportunity to create it. You also can't create spyglasses.

No one asked you to share anything; many players though, including myself, believe we shouldn't have to wait for a new server for a chance to MAKE OUR OWN dragon armor.

Because others got there first many people including yourself didnt have a fair oppertunity? ... I must be getting old, when I was growing up my parents and teachers taught me life wasn't fair.

Because others got there first many people including yourself didnt have a fair oppertunity? ... I must be getting old, when I was growing up my parents and teachers taught me life wasn't fair.

Life isn't fair... yet, Kadore. Just because your parents said so means it's indefinitely true?

Anyway, something that powerful shouldn't be able to rest in the hands of so few; it either needs to be nerfed or made more available to the masses, and I would prefer the latter.

Edited by Boj
  • Like 1

By no means will everyone be able to acquire dragon armor this way, and as it stands hardly anyone can acquire it due to being too late or just the rarity.

Everyone should be able to get dragon armor (even new players) and by in-game means (no real life money involved.

Contradiction much

Even if dragons are respawned drake will still be the most rare and sought armor. The proposal of respawning dragons isn't about making unique loot common, it's about the principle of giving everybody an equal opportunity to partake in hunting the uniques. It doesn't matter how common or rare the respawns are, as long as they are guaranteed to keep occurring SOME time.

Judging by the responses of the Original poster, this is infact all about "I want a set of drake but missed my opportuinity to get one". I'm fine with uniques respawning. I'm also fine with even more various uniques that don't give amazing loot. I'm not fine with people who believe they're entitled to have something just becuase someone else has it. Does not having a set of drake armour really makes the game impossible for you? IF it does, I suggest you level up a skill, earn about 50s, and buy one from those awfull horrible greedy dragon hoarders. It's really not that expensive.

If you want unique slayings with big groups, I suggest you start off by adjusting the 20 attacker limit. You simply do not want more people than 20 attending since it will be too chaotic and someone WILL mess it up by attacking it. The deliverance kyklops isthe prime example for this; I organized that (together with Xallo) for the whole public. It backlashed when people were asked to back out becuase the attacker limit kicked everyone else out of combat - of course they didn't. Poof, everyones focus gone. Then being insulted becuase not everyone got the title, and there you have the reason I didn't ask anybody but a select few good fighters for the white dragon on celebration.

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 1

Lol. You honestly think dragon armour should be craftable, and available to noobs?

I would like to see all uniques respawn a couple of times a year, but... my concern is that without any other changes, all that will do is cause Dragon Drama to become an even more regular occurrence.

It's simple the Dragons get killed off too fast for the New Servers they are created on. Why not have dragons drop less overall and make smaller versions of them spawn every once in a while that a few skilled players could get together and fight? Does it always have to be this feasting of new servers Dragons and then its over?

You could have a once a year spawn of a Dragon King and stagger spawns of these smaller Dragons throughout the year based on events or other things. I think each server should get its own special type of Dragon with different color, markings, traits, etc...

I like the one time uniqeness of them as they are.

They are not one time uniques basically because each New Server adds more the only difference is other players have been playing much longer than the New Server and kill them rather fast eliminating the possibility that new players and most players except a select few will have a chance to kill them. There has to be a better way than what is going on now......

Uniques seem like the worst idea to me. It says to be "Good job finding the game, but the server has already been open for several months so you can't participate in some things." This isn't just an issue that "Elite players will rush the new server and gank it" it's a matter of "anyone who joins the server too late doesn't get a chance at all."

Lower the hide drop rate, maybe enough to produce 1 chestplate per dragon.

Increase the spawn rate, maybe 1 per month, or 1 per two months, per server.

That means every month, one player can get one piece of armor - surely this will not make them common at all! Serenity has 35 players online right now. At that rate it would take years for even a minority to become armored in drakehide.

If that still seems too common, then make them decay quicker. When you're wearing drakehide and get struck, the drakehide takes more damage.

When I said that not everyone will have dragon armor I meant that not everyone will have a set overnight. I also believe newbs should have the same opportunity to kill a dragon when they reach the appropriate skills. By no means am I suggesting that Rolf should hand out dragon armor to everyone.

Something definitely needs to be done, if only to destroy the 'cartel' that currently controls every dragon hunt now. You know who you are, and you DO take a lot away from the rest of the players with your methods and your attitudes about the dragons. I don't want to hear your excuses anymore, as long as you are controlling the hunts and deciding who gerts an invite, you take away from the game for the rest of us and make it a business for YOU.

I say make dragons totally uncontrollable, cannot be penned, dominated, or buried in a mine, they get out anyway. You get no eggs, unless you are lucky enough to get one when butchering, then be ready for disaster the day it hatches. No limit (or a higher limit) on how many can attack. Butchering rights go ONLY to the one that actually puts in the killing blow and the right cannot be transferred to another. The hide/scale will be enough for 1 set of armor, if you are very good at butchering maybe a second set. Only the one that kills the dragon gets the title Dragonslayer, the rest just get Dragon Fighter. Once you have gained the title of Dragon Slayer you cannot go on any further dragon hunts, you are 'retired'. You are still free to hunt the other uniques for more titles. I know that most of you will cry out over these ideas, especially retiring after killing a dragon, but it is a fair way to play the game. And a game can be made to be fair, unlike real life.

• Like 1

Something definitely needs to be done, if only to destroy the 'cartel' that currently controls every dragon hunt now. You know who you are, and you DO take a lot away from the rest of the players with your methods and your attitudes about the dragons. I don't want to hear your excuses anymore, as long as you are controlling the hunts and deciding who gerts an invite, you take away from the game for the rest of us and make it a business for YOU.

I say make dragons totally uncontrollable, cannot be penned, dominated, or buried in a mine, they get out anyway. You get no eggs, unless you are lucky enough to get one when butchering, then be ready for disaster the day it hatches. No limit (or a higher limit) on how many can attack. Butchering rights go ONLY to the one that actually puts in the killing blow and the right cannot be transferred to another. The hide/scale will be enough for 1 set of armor, if you are very good at butchering maybe a second set. Only the one that kills the dragon gets the title Dragonslayer, the rest just get Dragon Fighter. Once you have gained the title of Dragon Slayer you cannot go on any further dragon hunts, you are 'retired'. You are still free to hunt the other uniques for more titles. I know that most of you will cry out over these ideas, especially retiring after killing a dragon, but it is a fair way to play the game. And a game can be made to be fair, unlike real life.

Cartel. Yes, a fitting description. What is described above is one of the reasons I don't give another dime to this game. I have always said the entire pay-structure for this game needs either more transparency, or a complete overhaul. Something just stinks about it. This practice involving dragons is probably only the tip of the iceberg.

There is no "one cartel" that controls dragon hunts, if you are so inclined form your own group and go after them on the next server. If anything folks from former wild are better organized and have the fs to pull it off. That being said you can always join one of the wild groups if possible or like i said form your own. The fact is that Rolf either likes the way it is or doesn't give a rip (ie no changes) as this is the 3rd new server in some months with no changes about dragons. No wilders are not evil, no freedomers are not greedy little pigs. Need I say more?

There is no "one cartel" that controls dragon hunts, if you are so inclined form your own group and go after them on the next server. If anything folks from former wild are better organized and have the fs to pull it off. That being said you can always join one of the wild groups if possible or like i said form your own. The fact is that Rolf either likes the way it is or doesn't give a rip (ie no changes) as this is the 3rd new server in some months with no changes about dragons. No wilders are not evil, no freedomers are not greedy little pigs. Need I say more?

It still doesn't changes the facts, Older players make short work of the New Servers Dragons and strip the New Server of one of its most valuable resources within days. I think this resource ( Dragons ) are a neat part of the game and should not be so quickly removed from any server. There are better ways to make this fun and fair for a lot more players and I think it would help the game as well. smaller drops, perhaps other weaker dragons, 1 unique Dragon per server, Dragon respawns based on events and time, etc....Really there is a better way forward and a better way for more players to be involved.

I agree dragons are a really cool part of the game (pre armor kind of dragon). I'd love to see more dragons spawned but I can't see the high end player who want the best armor they can get to just look the other way when they spawn. I agree also that the drops could be changed and that some kind of "role call" where if you participate in a dragon fight your toon has to wait a set amount of time to participate again. There are several highly different good ideas in this thread, it just depends on what /how Rolf wants to run the dragon/dragon economy.

I want dragon armor, but only because it sounds nice. If there were no drakehide/dragonscale armor to gain from butchering, I'd still want to go dragon hunting because it sounds like an awesome goal. But it's something that becomes difficult when you join the game late and it's already gone. As I said before, it's not really an issue of "I'm angry because I don't have rare armor" it's an issue of "I heard about the game too late and now I can't participate in something cool". It's not just penalizing new players, it's actively discouraging people from making an account because the main page lies.

Hunt creatures such as the unique red dragon, forest giant, kyklops, troll king and others!

This is a little difficult if you join now, because they're all dead. If you made an account hoping to have fun hunting down special creatures, then it sucks to be you because there were already people on the server before you signed up!