Sign in to follow this  
MrMic

Graphic Optiion For Night

Back in the good old days night was , well black as night.This made lamps and lanterns quite useful and added a lot of atmosphere to the game.You never knew what was about to jump out at you .

I suggest a tick box in the graphic settings to return the night to the proper darkness for those who would prefer it that way.

:)

Mic

Don't set your gamma to super nova setting and you should be fine. Night's already dark as ... well, night, for me.

I have run the gamma wizard under windows 7 for my desktop.I have also completely turned gamma off as a test, but the desktop settings don't carry over to wurm and the night time is almost as bright as day (from what I have read windows 7 leaves gamma adjustment to the application to handle), when once it was dark.I have asked my neighbours about this and they all have agreed that the nights aren't dark anymore.So maybe Wurm needs its own gamma adjustment setting.

It's an odd one, because while some would see the gamma setting as a PvP breaker in the dark and thus everyone on a PvP server would have it up out of neccessity, I also find it odd that my laptop seems relatively light at night, while hooking up my monitor preoduces a different result. I've played around with settings for both laptop screen and monitor, and I'm unable to make them appear the same either way.

Trouble is, I don't think the game should have a 'I can't be bothered, let's just turn up the setting so I can see at night' option, but equally, it's frustrating for those whos hardware doesn't provide the experience one should be getting.

I wouldn't make the game darker until the lighting system doesn't actually suck horribly.

Trouble is, I don't think the game should have a 'I can't be bothered, let's just turn up the setting so I can see at night' option, but equally, it's frustrating for those whos hardware doesn't provide the experience one should be getting.

In the end, it wouldn't matter. People who want to do this can just turn up the gamma on their screen or in their graphics card's driver's options. That's what I do to be able to actually see anything at night (not even a lantern's helping at 80ql).

This is a really old post BUUUUUUUT this problem seriously still stands - Wurm needs it own gamma setting.

I play on a laptop and when I up the settings so that I can stand the caves and nighttime, I get the pleassant side-effect of being blinded by my other windows. A LOT of games have this option to change the brightness or gamma for that game only. If not for WO, at least for WU with maybe the option to untick it if you want to run a hardcore PVP server with the difficulty of the dark? Or is it possible to make this as a mod on WU? If so - I know at least one person who would love you for doing so :D