Sign in to follow this  
Mattown

Building

Is the building not working for anyone else?

Edit: The problem is that you can't create weapons with carpentry (from what I've seen), so planks, shafts etc I cannot create currently.

Edited by Mattown

there's no create menus when trying to use tools like the saw/hatchet, seems to be carp only affected.

Rolf just stated this bug won't be fixed until tomorrow at the earliest :(

At 11PM that's understandable tbh. Stay strong fellow Wurmians!

there's no create menus when trying to use tools like the saw/hatchet, seems to be carp only affected.

I could not make stone bricks, either

Golden rule=don't expect a new server to work flawlessly on day 1, or even day two. Hang in there, it will be fixed :)

Golden rule=don't expect a new server to work flawlessly on day 1, or even day two. Hang in there, it will be fixed :)

this server was made long ago apparantly, but rolf was holding out on us(thats why everything is OP and strong.... and alot of tree's have died off)

There's a workaround kinda - it only seems to affect premium players which means if you make an alt on Celebration and can manage to successfully run him to your deed (I failed lol!) then you can make the planks etc with him and your main can do the rest.

I think its more to do with skill the higher it is the less options you have, my char with 41 carp (but only very low fletching) can only make bows from a log, but my other char with about 14 carp can make shafts etc (still not kindling), both are premium accounts too.

I think its more to do with skill the higher it is the less options you have, my char with 41 carp (but only very low fletching) can only make bows from a log, but my other char with about 14 carp can make shafts etc (still not kindling), both are premium accounts too.

I literally do not have a Create option on any of my tools. :(

However, my Priest ([07:32:29] You have premium time until 2 May 2013 08:53:37 GMT) Can still make planks with 5Carp

this server was made long ago apparantly, but rolf was holding out on us(thats why everything is OP and strong.... and alot of tree's have died off)

I didn't realise that, thanks, but in any case the server is new from the sense of people actively using it as a live freedom server. Those of you that work in the software industry know that you can test all you like, you don't find all the bugs until something goes live :)

having said that, the missing "create" option seems pretty fundamental. Ummm. I assume it will be fixed soon

Strange bug, hopefully I can start building soon.

I couldn't even make a campfire with a flint and kindling in my inventory.

Would be nice to know that it's a known issue and being fixed.

As a small update (it's all the information we have to go on atm) as of right now (Friday, June 1st) the bug is still active, and Rolf (and team) are aware of it, and working on it, but it's difficult to figure out what the problem is. No ETA on it because it's taking longer than normal to pinpoint what the issue is. I wish we knew more at this point, but we don't and it's just a situation you'll have to hang in there for. Thank you for your patience so far.

Some suggestions

- bring multiple tools with you if you're coming from another server, it seems like switching out tools (1:3) will allow some to work while others do not

- create a freemium alt, their starter tools seem to be working

Im absolutely convinced its based on success chance, if you have lower skill in a particular skill there are more options to create things. It might also explain why some tools work and some dont as using lower QL tools effectly reduces your success chance aswell and also why new character appear to not have the bug

Im absolutely convinced its based on success chance, if you have lower skill in a particular skill there are more options to create things. It might also explain why some tools work and some dont as using lower QL tools effectly reduces your success chance aswell and also why new character appear to not have the bug

I don't think this is the case. I brought both of my characters over from Deliverance. One has the bug, one does not. One is a priest (the one who has the bug). The other has high skills and can make everything just fine.

The only differences I've seen - one had no tools on her when she crossed into celebration, and she also died (without tools). The other carried her tools on her from Deliverance.

i see, this is an awkward bug, im at a loss whats causing it.

Which char had the tool on them btw, your main? (im guessing your priest had no tools on them?)

Reason I thought it was based on sucess chance is because my alt who has lower skills can make alot more things my main cannot.

Edited by York

i see, this is an awkward bug, im at a loss whats causing it.

Which char had the tool on them btw, your main? (im guessing your priest had no tools on them?)

Reason I thought it was based on sucess chance is because my alt who has lower skills can make alot more things my main cannot.

Was my main who did not have tools, I traveled with them in her boat for weight reasons, the priest had her tools.

update on this... my alt who could make shafts, suddenly hit 15 carpentry and now the option to make shafts has dissappeared. This is definately related to skill level.

he also lost the option to make BSBs

Edited by York