Sign in to follow this  
headhunter

Server Travel, Cele To Inde

With Cele being added the travel distance from top to bottom is now huge, to be honest too big to spend traveling within a game. Can we get a method of traveling from North Inde to South Cele?

If someone has the travel time between Inde and Exo could you plus post to give everyone a idea of the time it takes to travel

Edited by headhunter

"A new server?!?! We don't need no stinkin' new server!!!!" 5 minutes later.. "Waaa it's too far to sail to the new server!"

Seriously, it's no fun sailing from Exo to Indi, but we manage.

I dont want a new server. Nor did alot of people but it's here and I doubt its going anywhere soon. The only reason I suggest this is because I'd love to visit becuase I know friends will move there but I dont want to sail for 5+ hours just to have a chat or see what they're doing.

I was thinking to make the exact same topic. Be sure to mention in the title that you are talking about a ring like connection. And yes, +1.

... --> Exodus south --> Cele north --> Cele south --> Independence north --> .....

Edited by Issle

Made west side of Chaos added to a server, we're all alone here too!

+1 to add this. It would be great if you could sail to a border and then choose to which map you want to travel. (a popup like the portal system) as traveling from Chaos is a hard as all 4 maps are now East and a lot of players end up on Indi instead of Deli,

Or you could just make the whole servers configuration totaly circular with Celebration both North of Inde and South of Exodus.

Edited by Serpentarius

I only know from North Deliverence > North Cele is about an 1hr 30min - 2hrs depending on wind

I think having the maps go full circle is a good idea. Right now it can take several hours just to get from Inde to Cele, and that is if the winds are good. Winds against you and it could take over a day. Time to make the world round I think.

Basically you are supposed to travel and its supposed to take time to get there I cannot see making instances at the border of any server to choose any other server, Nor can I see any type of Insta warping between servers for Wurm. Also suppose Celebration is the last server in that direction?? When more Servers come (and they will) this would give ample room to go in the other directions and do the same thing. If Rolf wants to surround Indy with the other Freedom servers that exist now that could be an option as well and then tack on more servers behind the existing servers. I still think its a good Idea to make the new servers so people actually have to travel for some distance to get there and put some effort into showing they want to be there. We already have mailing between servers so travelling faster is not really needed IMHO.

Edited by Uberknot

Making it far away makes it isolated and helps keep it from being over settled.

Maybe some players WANT to be on a server far out of the way? A server no-one will casually pop onto inbetween two cups of tea?

Choices... more are better, also as to the distance you want to travel (with all that goes with it). Please leave it as it is Rolf, this new server is a server for the die-hard travellers amongst us (or for those that won't be traveling but will simply stay there once they get there - giving a kind of community different from the others where coming and going is the normal thing) - nothing at all wrong with differences between servers, to the contrary it's much better to have uniqueness in whichever way to each and every one of them- the distance is one such factor for this particular server.

circular would be awesome, just like a globe, keep going one direction and you'll end up back where you started.