Sign in to follow this  
York

Poll: Moving To Celebration

Celebration Server  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning to move/settle on the new server?

• Yes (From Indy)
    • Yes (From Deliverence)
    • Yes (From Exodus)
    • Yes (From Chaos)
    • No

Just a very simple poll to see how many are planning to make the move.

(Ps: this isnt a thread about if its a good or bad idea, there are other threads for that.)

Edited by York

Other: Will be sending an alt, and depending on how nice the place is may set up an alt as a resident?

Other: Will be sending an alt, and depending on how nice the place is may set up an alt as a resident?

^

• Like 1

It'll be the same pattern, and ironically probably largely the same group of people that do it as Deli when it opened and then Exodus when it opened. it'll just mean that they will have another deed or two on top of their current winter,summer,fall,spring and vacation homes/deeds to pay for.

It'll be the same pattern, and ironically probably largely the same group of people that do it as Deli when it opened and then Exodus when it opened. it'll just mean that they will have another deed or two on top of their current winter,summer,fall,spring and vacation homes/deeds to pay for.

And why is this a problem, myself I'm not interested this time but do have a vacation home on Exodus in addition to 7 deeds on Indi, how does this hurt anyone in your opinion since most your posts sound like some crazy occupy Wurm person?

Indi could hold the entire Freedom population easily on that server, between Chaos and Exodus I imagine it could hold a few thousand deeds easily with elbow room, people do like to explore and see different things, with the need to eat, store things etc multiple deeds make sence.

Everyone wants a mountiantop,coastal, deep in the forest, secluded deed on a lake, the problem is they only last for about a week until neighbors find you on the smaller servers. when I moved to Exodus during that landrush I think I was chasing that original Wurm first kiss when we settled on Indi 2+ years ago, when the shacks and neighbors and k chat drama appeared I thought " Wow this is GV again" .

• Like 1

I think this is what everyone will do no one wants to just pack up and leave without knowing what the server will be like. I am sure it will get a few people that like it and make it there main home but only time will tell.

I am going to find the dragons, and kill them all. Then go home.

oh! And that pesky goblin leader, he owes me a title.

• Like 1

I am going to find the dragons, and kill them all. Then go home.

oh! And that pesky goblin leader, he owes me a title.

Same as what he said... but my name is Roman.

Yes, I'd like to move to Celebration at some point in time, just to see what it's like.

Well I said no because I don't plan on it. But you never know in the future.. :D

I voted yes because I'm onle of those newer players who has not yet found this "vast amounts of unclaimed coastal land" on Deliverance that I'm obviously just not seeing, I did manage to find a tiny little coastal deed, stuck literally between the perimeters of two other deeds, fully terraformed and with a ton of half-decayed crap on it including a ton of walls which I'm having great trouble bashing. Hardly ideal at all. I'll be disbanding that and looking forward to exploring the new server. Nobody will miss me on Deli as I don't buy anything - well, I bought a pendulum once, that's it.

• Like 1

I voted yes because I'm onle of those newer players who has not yet found this "vast amounts of unclaimed coastal land" on Deliverance that I'm obviously just not seeing, I did manage to find a tiny little coastal deed, stuck literally between the perimeters of two other deeds, fully terraformed and with a ton of half-decayed crap on it including a ton of walls which I'm having great trouble bashing. Hardly ideal at all. I'll be disbanding that and looking forward to exploring the new server. Nobody will miss me on Deli as I don't buy anything - well, I bought a pendulum once, that's it.

This player echoes my thoughts exactly. Especially as a new player. When I first started over a year ago - I went online, checked the maps over and over looking for undeed areas then went into the game to see them for myself (like buying a real house.) But to my surprise there were already deeds there.

New players hear about this survivalist game where you can build everything yourself and live off the land. A more hardcore version of the softcore Minecraft. Players like myself and cmiddlebrook didn't want neighbors or some economy. We wanted the wilderness. Coastal or not. It's important that new players have that kind of option. And if Rolf wants to create a few more servers while fixing fixing bugs and adding features in between each new server - so be it. And yea - if Rolf added a single player version of this game - some of would buy it. No one wants to spend hours of their Saturday or whatever bashing a wall or house that was abandoned by someone else. They want to stumble upon that beautiful scenic location where they look at it and say - this is it. This is where I will build my little home and begin settling into.

I understand that this thins out the population and unfortunately - that is the reality. I can only hope that the servers begin increasing population with real gameplay changes that keep its existing base while adding newer players. If Rolf is looking to add the new multi-story housing and kill bugs after the release of Celebration - maybe it will work out in the long run. Only time will tell. But it seems to me that he has at least the drive to make things work one way or another. Especially with a small team of paid and volunteer developers and employees.

But hey - I'm an optimist that believes time cures all wounds.

• Like 1

*drools* mmm dragons, must take total smash count to 15 ;)

Planning an exploration trip but honestly who would want to move miles away from inde let alone from inde :-)

... And yea - if Rolf added a single player version of this game - some of would buy it...

Hey, that's idea ... single play Wurm. I call it real hard, hard, hardcore. Equip lost in fist 5 minutes. Surviving somewhere close to water :)

Rolf, please, set free limited server side application and some tools for creating random server/island, so hardcore hermits can live single in their own world.

And now seriously. I will stay on Indy in place, good fellow wurmian showed me my second day ingame. Where I transfered few abandoned walls into nice looking village. I spend there months improving that place, honing my skills, making silvers by hard work to improve my village even more. I will stay there to end, my or end of server. I like that place, I like these few neighbors I have there. I have all I need. Perhaps missing few special metals, but it can be solved. Week ago I found gold vein i my mine :rolleyes: Next time I will uncover zinc, I hope.

Might go and have a look at it, thats about all though.

Well guess I will take next week off work hit Celebration see if I can pop 80 Fs.

to be honest, i guess it's a good thing that most of us have voted "no i won't be going there" because that means it can serve it's purpose properly - being somewhere new players can find plenty of free space to set up. Let's hope it works :)

to be honest, i guess it's a good thing that most of us have voted "no i won't be going there" because that means it can serve it's purpose properly - being somewhere new players can find plenty of free space to set up. Let's hope it works :)

I hope you are right, but I expect that they will still get pushed aside by players that just HAVE to have a village on every server and they will miss out on the uniques by all the veteran hunters.

I went there to test it. This server is going to harm the game instead of making it better. Thats mainly because the server is not newbie-friendly ( check the corpses everywhere :) ). Aside from that, a good 90+ % of the already settled population is not going to leave their deeds behind to start over. What we need is tuning in specific game dynamics that most players have already stated. Poping up a new server just because it's easy to do, doesnt fix the problems.

Now regarding the reason of existence for this topic, I'd say its none. Statistics over player preferences dont have any value in an environment where a server opening is announced just a day before it happens. ( And especially when noone asked for one lol ...).

Sailing back to independence as we speak.

Edited by Issle

Speaking from personal experience, I absolutely love Celebration, the terrain is much more friendly compared to indy. Also coming from indy myself and having a 2 man deed, we now have a 4 man deed (2 ex-players returned) and its alot more fun not to mention alot bigger and alot flatter, we no longer have to spend the next 2 months just flattening the land to make way for some small fields.

Im glad I made the move and im alot happier for it.

But that all aside, thankyou everyone for voting! Its pretty interesting seeing the results :)

Edited by York
  • Like 1

I had my reservations about a new server but so far it's only been a positive experience.

Speaking from personal experience, I absolutely love Celebration, the terrain is much more friendly compared to indy. Also coming from indy myself and having a 2 man deed, we now have a 4 man deed (2 ex-players returned) and its alot more fun not to mention alot bigger and alot flatter, we no longer have to spend the next 2 months just flattening the land to make way for some small fields.

Flat terrain is "two edges" feature. You can easily settle there, not much flattering needed. On the other hand, low altitude can means rock layer may be underwater. So harder or impossible to start mines there. What opens good trading oportunity for other servers. B)

I believe some of most aggresive traders will use this weakness soon ...