Sign in to follow this  
Aetherwalker

Social Experiment: What Would *legitimately* Be A Cause For Celebration?

In the wake of the massive furore over the Celebration server and it's futility, I wondered what people would consider changes legitimately worthy of a celebration?

My short list:

-Priest spells/balance fixed

-Resurrection of Wild/Chaos as a bustling PvP server

-Increased steady stream of new players in and/or decreased steady stream of old players out, to the point where we could have full and rambunctious servers again

-Cancellation of "bubblegum" improvements in favour of dramatic improvements, consequentially two story houses, animations, visible armour, etc. All the long-awaited functions being implemented

Thoughts?

I wondered what people would consider changes legitimately worthy of a celebration?

Rolf letting someone else do the server/game updates and switch to advertising.

Rolf letting someone else do the server/game updates and switch to advertising.

advertising takes money... sweet sweet money that could be spent on making another server! a short term solution to a long term problem. History has a tendancy to repeat itself... and i forsee alot of servers being taken offline in the future.

now back to the topic

i for one believe advertisment is a cause for celebration! but not by another server

I'd say bringing in the long await improvements, even if that meant 0 patching for 2 weeks.

A simply massive ad campaign, I say we can celebrate when we have 1500+ players online all at once.

Advertise the game yourself then! We need more youtube videos!

I'd settle for either:

Customizable characters (Our fashions to date are awful, completely last season and poorly tailored)

Real normal character animations and not have fights look like Vogue dance offs and staring contests.

Wild was a bustling pvp server for about 3 months that I played it over several years...

Hi,

I wondered what people would consider changes legitimately worthy of a celebration?

Well ...

1. The code split between PvE game and PvP game - this would allow to fine tune the PvP aspect without nerfing PvE everytime.
  2. The ironing out of all the age old bugs hurting the players since years - hitched horses becoming invisible, carts and horses falling into mine walls, boat crash issues, etc. etc.
  3. The declared end of the current chaotic way of developing - proper use of the test server, finishing started projects before starting new ones, no quick & dirty "band-aid patches" anymore.
  4. And maybe a new way of communication - no decisions anymore based of discussions in the forum or in IRC, better with an ingame/ EMail survey, to hear all players.

This would be worth a celebration! IMHO.

Have fun!

Nothing. I gave up my hopes in the "long awaited features" when epic came out. Rolf kept saying it will be wurm 1.0 and nothing changed. Probably nothing will change now either except for small bugfixes or some other small features possibly model updates like when deliverance opened. But most of the models are up to date now so...

Edited by atazs

As we all know, the forum roving MMORPG crowd is notoriously hard to satisfy.

I'm just glad that in the current economic climate the game has stayed afloat and Rolf hasn't gone bankrupt. The fact we can still play this wonderful and unique game, hidden away in an industry festooned by droves of quest-hub linear themeparks, is enough of an excuse for a celebration imo.

Everything else being mentioned would just be icing on the cake.

As we all know, the forum roving MMORPG crowd is notoriously hard to satisfy.

I'm just glad that in the current economic climate the game has stayed afloat and Rolf hasn't gone bankrupt. The fact we can still play this wonderful and unique game, hidden away in an industry festooned by droves of quest-hub linear themeparks, is enough of an excuse for a celebration imo.

Everything else being mentioned would just be icing on the cake.

This.

Number 1 - New Character Models and The ability to make my character look different in the face and clothing I wear even body size to some degree.

Number 2 - Animations for players when doing actions and in combat as well as new models and animations for NPC's.

Number 3 - New Graphics Update to Visual Armors and Clothing.

If I get those 3 things I would be Celebrating!! :wub:

Advertise the game yourself then! We need more youtube videos!

Oh, ive been advertising alot, some of my wurm videos have 1000+ hits
/>http://www.youtube.com/user/alphadug/videos

• Like 1