Sign in to follow this  
Darkmalice

New Server Announced Via Rolf Email

Rolf obviously is lost.

He needs to hire some creative minds, he does not have one.

Need to reset Epic totally. Stats, map, items...everything. Would be a blast to start over again.

It would end up being in its current state 6 months down the line.

He really needs to fix the core issues. Creating new maps does not do this.

10 maps, what a ###### joke.

It would end up being in its current state 6 months down the line.

He really needs to fix the core issues. Creating new maps does not do this.

10 maps, what a ###### joke.

And after 6 months, you reset everythign again. The only people that have a problem with this sort of paradigm are those that can't stand to be anywhere but at the top 5% of the skill bracket or those with unique items that don't want to give them up. The idea that they worked so hard for those skills is outdated. This game needs and enema and this is exactly what it needs. Not another stale server with the same stale mechanics enjoyed by those that have been with this game forever and a day. These are the same people that hate change, but they aren't going to bring in new players to this game.

I was just thinking the other day... Wurm would be so much better if it only had 2 servers (wild and freedom).

I'm not surprised by this decision though. Last ditch attempt at attracting new subs before pulling the plug?

And after 6 months, you reset everythign again. The only people that have a problem with this sort of paradigm are those that can't stand to be anywhere but at the top 5% of the skill bracket or those with unique items that don't want to give them up. The idea that they worked so hard for those skills is outdated. This game needs and enema and this is exactly what it needs. Not another stale server with the same stale mechanics enjoyed by those that have been with this game forever and a day. These are the same people that hate change, but they aren't going to bring in new players to this game.

I think it will push too many players away if their skills reset.

Could make a compromise and reset to a certain number (i.e. 20 skill), IF you had 20+ in the skill. if you had less, it would reset to zero.

Gobbling up the coastline, lol. Are people really still wheeling out that old line? There's not even 200 ppl on Indy in an evening these days, let alone Deli or Exo, and you're moaning about coastline being bought up? Do you even play on Freedom anymore Joanavon?

Hurrah for new land to explore.

Boo for spreading out the population even further.

Rolf seems confident he can afford the game with 200 prems, if he wants to give us some new land, I'm not complaining.

...Speaking of old Rich players....

Epic doesn't need a reset, you can get to 70 fs in like a week flat. So no need to pick on epic in that regard.

But yeah, fixing issues would be nice to actually give us something to celebrate....

Epic doesn't need a reset, you can get to 70 fs in like a week flat. So no need to pick on epic in that regard.

All the more reason that it wouldn't matter.

Meh, who cares, this game is old hat now.

I was just thinking the other day... Wurm would be so much better if it only had 2 servers (wild and freedom).

I'm not surprised by this decision though. Last ditch attempt at attracting new subs before pulling the plug?

Maybe its a quick money grab to buy 38 Studios from RI.

Ugh. Rolf, I think you are headed in the wrong direction. I'm happy you are personally taking your own direct approach in attempting to populate the game more, but I think the addition of another server will only thin out the ever slowly fading crowd out more. I'm sorry, but another server is just not needed and uncalled for.

If I had my way, Chaos would be wiped, the Freedom servers could be merged (or at least connected via chat and smoother server transitions), and the Epic cluster would be wiped and replaced by just one large map.

Edited by Xallo

I like having a new map every so often if not then the old ones get worn out and look bad. What one player thinks is cool and fine for them another thinks is an eyesore and cant understand why they would do such a thing. Maybe if it was handled like ATITD does it and have a known wipe every year or two to get a fresh start not your skills just the land/server maybe even if just one server was like this then there would always be a fresh new server around the corner to look forward to.

Here is a fun thought to think about... the whiners on Independance are complaining so much about their own server that they even want their server shutdown or reset. (rumor-mill)

Deliverance is the happiest most thriving server, thus the 'heart' of Wurm. <3

The vets who moved to Exodus are still whining.

This new server seems to be to satisfy both the whiners and those who are looking for more adventure.

A 'whiner' can never be pleased.

This server may be being placed "as far away" from the heart as it can get, so it doesnt poison Deliverance.

The east side of Deliverance may be being reserved for larger plans. Something happy.

I'd be happiest with a new server named 'Resseti', that every 4 months was destroyed and rebuilt replenishing the unique mobs on it. yay!

• Like 1

It's unreal how badly players explode over a new server, and it's no surprise that most of them are the same players that complain about nearly every update, and most of those players will be minimally affected by it at worst. You guys seriously need to bring it down a notch. This wasn't an attempt to bring in more subs, and it wasn't some drunked up idea Rolf had last night. It's a celebration of everything that has happened recently, and for me it's a celebration of how far Wurm has come and looking forward to many more years of playtime, so please, can we get to celebrating now?

• Like 4

just a rant

well im am excited about a new server.I have never been to an opening of one.

Yes, there problems he needs to fix with the servers he already has and yes the population is going to be spread out, but that doesnt bother me too much .

Its the thrill and rush of unsettled land i have a deed form ready to go im at the server crossing. I am patiently waiting and hoping it opens on time. for ppl who know me by no means am i a rich player as you call them tho i do have 4 deeds on indy and have a shack on a friends deed on exo. i scrounge and work my ass off in wurm to play(and when i work, i work hard). it doesnt matter how many alts or deeds you have if you put hard work or hard earned money into the game you should have a right to have as many deeds/alts as you want. its those ppl that pay ppl like me to do JOBS so i can play.

so lets all celebrate the new server celebration and have a good time.

keep working hard rolf and crew ....:)

Agreed. While I understand the need for updates and bug fixes as well as respect the concerns of folks on Chaos, I for one welcome the new server. I think instead of simply complaining why don't we actually appreciate the effort put into the game by only a handful of developers. I think patience is the key here.

• Like 1

It's unreal how badly players explode over a new server, and it's no surprise that most of them are the same players that complain about nearly every update, and most of those players will be minimally affected by it at worst. You guys seriously need to bring it down a notch. This wasn't an attempt to bring in more subs, and it wasn't some drunked up idea Rolf had last night. It's a celebration of everything that has happened recently, and for me it's a celebration of how far Wurm has come and looking forward to many more years of playtime, so please, can we get to celebrating now?

You are seriously delusional. But we all knew that already.

And you, Jack, need to get some air. You're going to have a stroke one day over a petty, albeit fun, game.

Well not exactly what I was hoping for, but it'll probably be fun for a lot of people, and who knows what is going on in RL for Rolf? Maybe he needs that quick cash injection guaranteed by a server opening to pay for future updates or just to make ends meet because of something bad happened. Heck maybe he needs the cash to do a good advertising campaign or something, or to hire help for the game. Who knows? I really don't think it's necessary, but I hope that there are circumstances that warrant it that we simply don't know about.

Anyway, lets hope for a clean server opening and hope that what ever plan Rolf is hatching is a good one.

(also let's hope this is an april fools joke of some sort and he really is going to release something super awesome tomorrow, either way, hope!)

Edited by ericbomb

And in case some of you didn't realize... In Rolf's email it says exactly why we are celebrating and now that the website mess has been cleaned up he can work on your updates and bugs now.

Please read before you post. :P

It would be easier to read if i'd gotten an email with the other 75% of wurmians who are still awaiting there email. "Now that all this website fuss is handled I will have my hands free to move on with progressive things like the Multi Storey buildings project." We hear this every 3 or 4 weeks." As you may have received an email about we're opening a new Freedom server tomorrow for those of you who left because PvP is going to be more prevalent on the server." This was the official post by Rolf. No one I talked to staff or player had ANY idea what this is supposed to mean. I'll critize when i see things going poorly, applaud when things go well. I've been reading the forums all day and still learned nothing new. :( If you have more info please add!

I like having a new map every so often if not then the old ones get worn out and look bad. What one player thinks is cool and fine for them another thinks is an eyesore and cant understand why they would do such a thing. Maybe if it was handled like ATITD does it and have a known wipe every year or two to get a fresh start not your skills just the land/server maybe even if just one server was like this then there would always be a fresh new server around the corner to look forward to.

Deli opened September, that was more than enough, exodus was soon to follow which went a bit over board, then epic cluster, fair enough, increased skillgain and pvp kinda wipes wild out of the question, but do you think the game should open a new server every 6-10 months with a low population? population may of gained by a couple hundred.... I just think its a terrible choice, the way it's going of making it easier for people and opening servers, we're just ganna end up closing them or them becoming like wild, Useless.

Its nice that a new server is coming up, but it aint fixing any issues that "we" the players are thinking should be fixed first. But in the long run, its good with a server added.

Does anyone know if the server will be open to creating new characters on at this time, or whether you have to enter it through the border.