Sign in to follow this  
Darkmalice

New Server Announced Via Rolf Email

Here, in it's entirety;

Dear Wurm players!

As you may be aware, Wurm was attacked by some nasty hacker who put his

foul code on our web pages a few weeks ago.

This of course made some of our players nervous and some even believed

their computers could be infected by the game client. Their anti virus

software noticed that the client visited the hacked web pages and so the

diligent anti-virus software gave (false) warnings. Our fine game client

could however never infect any computer with anything bad.

Since then we've been very busy with making our web site safer, and now

everything is hosted in new fresh environments. We even have a new fancy

website design!

Now that all this website fuss is handled I will have my hands free to

move on with progressive things like the Multi Storey buildings project.

We are also releasing some interesting Achievement stuff tomorrow

(designed by Wollschaf and Saroman) which keeps track of what you're

doing in the game and dings pleasantly now and then.

All this means that it's time for Celebration, so we're opening a new

Freedom server with that name tomorrow! Isn't that great?

The new server will be located on the south border of Exodus. The

opening is scheduled at 15.00 hrs CET on the 31st of May and hopefully

everything goes as smooth as I expect. Wish me luck!

Rolf

Thanks, I was wondering why I never got an email.

Edited by RomaN

Sounds like a lot of folk didn't get one yet, I've only had one through for the several email accounts I use so *shrugs*

Hmm the 31st is not that far away you would think they would announce it here in the forum so people can get ready for the rush..hehe

Launch trailer for new server lol

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRPRhYuO2VI

• Like 4

I just checked my email and can confirm that the email does say there is to be a new server on the 31st seam like i need to get things ready.

Edit: here is a screenshot of the letter :D

MfnY2.jpg

Edited by Kegan

Not only do we not need another freedom server, but why south of Exodus? It should be east of Deli.

Sure let's make it even less convenient for people on Inde to visit or deliver things to people there.

Not only do we not need another freedom server, but why south of Exodus? It should be east of Deli.

Sure let's make it even less convenient for people on Inde to visit or deliver things to people there.

I must agree. Not only do we not need another server, it surely doesn't need to be at the far end of a single line of servers. At least try to make a grid of it, instead of a single line.

at least us exodus players get a nice host of visitors on the way through our towns and ports. a good way for us to earn some cash and stuff. Also, can you please confirm the state of the server. PVE or PVP?? its not 100% sure among everyone yet and id like to really know ^^

What a shame its all the way down there, most players are on Indy, its the most populated server.

I hope its a bad joke. All servers are low population already why spread population even more it makes no sense at all.

Would be nice to connect it south of exodus/north of inde. Make it into a ring sortof thing.

This has to be a joke, Really rolf? Why do you keep spreading out the small population that wurm has even more?? The current servers are not crowded at all. Maybe fix travelling between current ones? Such as chaos taking you to inde no matter where you cross etc...

EDIT:

Just checked my emails including junks and found no such email. You better not mess with us

Edited by atazs

Would be nice to connect it south of exodus/north of inde. Make it into a ring sortof thing.

This. I'm happy that it'll be south of Exo, but it'd be even better if it also connected to Indie. It would make the world a bit globe-like. :)

• Like 1

This has to be a joke, Really rolf? Why do you keep spreading out the small population that wurm has even more?? The current servers are not crowded at all. Maybe fix travelling between current ones? Such as chaos taking you to inde no matter where you cross etc...

The subscription count is lowering rather quickly, and what worked last time was opening a new server. That's not a solution though, I agree, it's a band-aid. Yes, it may rake in a few new players or subscriptions but it's really the most unneeded addition to Freedom. There is no real need or even a demand for a new server (I have seen zero posts about a new server).

I think this is a move that is not needed with a dropping player count - why spread out the community even more? What worked once doesn't always mean it'll work again, there are a lot of solutions to get players back into Wurm, but opening a new server really isn't the top pick in my opinion. Are we just going to open a new server everytime the subscription count drops? So we'll have twenty servers eventually?

Edited by Crusader

Why cant something attach to the WEST of Chaos, cmon!

The subscription count is lowering rather quickly, and what worked last time was opening a new server. That's not a solution though, I agree, it's a band-aid. Yes, it may rake in a few new players or subscriptions but it's really the most unneeded addition to Freedom. There is no real need or even a demand for a new server (I have seen zero posts about a new server).

I think this is a move that is not needed with a dropping player count - why spread out the community even more? What worked once doesn't always mean it'll work again, there are a lot of solutions to get players back into Wurm, but opening a new server really isn't the top pick in my opinion. Are we just going to open a new server everytime the subscription count drops? So we'll have twenty servers eventually?

You know what would work? Not screwing over your players by adding nerfs that are unnecessary and fixing bugs that have been reported over and over (like that altar Faith bonus bug).

Also paying attention to the forums instead of listening to whichever whiner is on IRC.

Oh and one more tip: stop screwing over PvE for the sake of PvP.

• Like 2

Why cant something attach to the WEST of Chaos, cmon!

Yep, and Indy in North, Deli in East, Exo in South :P

*Torluk gets comfortable and waits for the dragon drama to begin all over again*

Cheers for the heads-up and congrats to Rolf.

I have to agree, a new server is NOT going to help subscription numbers this time, not in the long run. Rolf may get a small bump in subscriptions, but current players will go in first and settle it as much as they can, so new players will quickly be asking where any fresh land can be found. You can bet the coasts will be filled within the first week, as everybody wants a place by the sea so they can use ships. As Torluk has pointed out, there will likely be more dragons to kill, and many of the top fighters will go there for that. When the dragons are gone they will leave and the server will sit there with a low population and unused buildings from the dragon days.

The chain of islands is getting pretty long. If anything, I think the new map should go North of Inde. But besides, the overall concept of putting out a new map to recover losses in player base and revenue is a self-defeating strategy. You can only do it so many times before it becomes old and frustrating.

Now we can all expect fewer players on our own servers, fewer potential buyers of our wares, and fewer ways to interact with a still small Wurm population.

A new server not connected to any other, so everyone starts equal, would be good, but just more land is not needed

So this realy isn't a joke?

As other stated already, don't see the need for yet another server.

Also, where is the pvp return on chaos that was suposed to happen beginnin of this month?

People are getting tired of waiting for it. (and alot of people returned for it)

We (or me atleast) understood the delay because of the attack on the client etc. but you keep us waiting and now work is being put into a new unneeded server istead of finnaly brining pvp back?

Not cool bro. Not cool

Now we can all expect fewer players on our own servers, fewer potential buyers of our wares, and fewer ways to interact with a still small Wurm population.

Pretty much this, It seems a lot of old players are thinking of leaving from the way the game is going, I'm all for new servers etc but there are Enough / too many atm... starting to feel like it's ganna be 1 server per 50 players lol

But yeah, all in all bad decision I think, think wurm should focus a bit more on the players it has and promoting it before opening up new servers.... it's ganna be sooooo damn quiet at this rate and Everyone knows I enjoy talking :(