Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Time To Nudge Chaos

Decayed deeds are a nuisance. I actually managed to secure myself a tiny little coastal deed a while back which is stuck in between two other perimeters. The trouble is there's a ton of stuff on the deed I am having great trouble bashing. It's hardly ideal and it's very ugly. I'd much rather have a fresh area to work with so I'm looking forward to the new server.

What does this Celebration server have to do with chaos anyways? nothing.

• Like 1

Well Rolf seems to think it does, but atm only he knows why and he's not saying :(

A good selling point of Wurm was that Wurm doesnt have the 'zones' that other MMO's have. All these servers are starting to look like zones. D:

I personally think all the effort of a new server should just be put into a giant advertising campaign or something... I mean you can't guarantee more new players then by telling people we are here.... right now we are kind of hidden from view with lack of advertisements it seems.

I'm going to start ... to bring action ... to Chaos.

... we're opening a new Freedom server tomorrow for ... who left because PvP is going to be more prevalent on the [Chaos] server.

Original quote edited to show how I read it.

I'd like to know why rolf is wasting his time by making a new server which clearly no one wants when he could be spending it on more resourceful things, such as fixing up Chaos or working on these multi-story houses he is talking about.

It just seems to me his time priorities are a little off at the moment..

If rolf wants new server he should open up GV. I think that would return a lots of people. Those who still want to play there or want to go there because of nostalgia.

REALLY ROLF? My gosh... why do you think opening new servers solves problems?? I agree, Deli was needed. Exodus, not really. Then Epic came out... we sure as hell do not need another Freedom server. At the very least, have no dragons on it.

This is just a band-aid fix for lowering subscription numbers and will not fix the real problems. Find out WHY people left and fix those issues. Don't waste time setting up a new server, it will give you new subscriptions for only a few months at best, then the numbers will go down again.

This is just a band-aid fix for lowering subscription numbers and will not fix the real problems. Find out WHY people left and fix those issues. Don't waste time setting up a new server, it will give you new subscriptions for only a few months at best, then the numbers will go down again.

Inb4 Rolf announces he's making a new game that will make him rich, and only needs a few more months ^.^

People like lands that have not been trashed by others at all. They like to explore and find new things. This new server Celebration will give those that like todo this a place to go have some fun again. So just stop with all the talk of we don't need, Maybe you don't need but plenty of others who would like to get away from the rat race they have found on Some of the Freedom servers and go to a new place where they can plant a new deed where ever they want will be just fine.

As a matter of fact Fresh New Servers and New lands are the Life's Blood of this game in case you have not noticed yet. In time I hope decay is sped up again as well as events to undo abandoned deeds back to what they were before someone changed the Lands, Until then these New Servers will bring more people and money into the game and that is just as important as well.

• Like 2

This will turn in to another pointless thread, the decision has been made, Celebration will be here tomorrow, GET OVER IT

Mods, I suggest locking this thread

This will turn in to another pointless thread, the decision has been made, Celebration will be here tomorrow, GET OVER IT

Many changes have been reverted or halted because of the community, saying this is merely ignorant.

This is a discussion board, people are more than welcome to share their feelings and concerns here, which is all anyone in the last 4 pages have done respectfully.

Edited by Crusader

People like lands that have not been trashed by others at all. They like to explore and find new things. This new server Celebration will give those that like todo this a place to go have some fun again. So just stop with all the talk of we don't need, Maybe you don't need but plenty of others who would like to get away from the rat race they have found on Some of the Freedom servers and go to a new place where they can plant a new deed where ever they want will be just fine.

As a matter of fact Fresh New Servers and New lands are the Life's Blood of this game in case you have not noticed yet. In time I hope decay is sped up again as well as events to undo abandoned deeds back to what they were before someone changed the Lands, Until then these New Servers will bring more people and money into the game and that is just as important as well.

Are you on drugs?

By that logic we should open 450 new servers ASAP because it's sure to rejuvenate wurm and start a stampede of new players to play alone on a server. Just think of the Exploration and discovery and the noone to share it with and noone who cares since they have the exact same things on their own personal server.

Many changes have been reverted or halted because of the community, saying this is merely ignorant.

This is a discussion board, people are more than welcome to share their feelings and concerns here, which is all anyone in the last 4 pages have done respectfully.

Where do you get off calling me ignorant. There is no need to abuse people on here. I was simply asking people to accept Rolf's decision and "suggesting" that they lock the thread since he posted this about changes to Chaos, and it's been hijacked to talk about the new server.

This new server message and the associated fallouts have been done to death since the advent of the new freedom servers - are you seriously telling me that Rolf is going to reverse a decision to launch a new server less than 24 before the slated date? Really?

Edited by Pryath

Remember when zcul suggested reworking the activation system? Everyone was against it and so he decided not to. So how do you know the decision has been made? This thead has been made by rolf so the mods wont lock it. So go troll somewhere else

Remember when zcul suggested reworking the activation system? Everyone was against it and so he decided not to. So how do you know the decision has been made? This thead has been made by rolf so the mods wont lock it. So go troll somewhere else

Jeez what are you folks on today. How is making a suggestion equal to trolling?

Also, the mods locked the Chaos thread that Rolf started, so I don't agree with your point.

You really think Rolf is gonna stop the release of Celebration tomorrow? I'll eat my hat if he does :)

Edited by Pryath

What a terrible idea.

Stop using new servers to lure people back to the game, it only works for a few months until the hype of a new map dies down. That's why I haven't played for the past 8 or so months.

Your game is broken and stale Rolf, fix the current problems first.

His post literally says nothing about chaos other then pvp will *Somehow* become more prevalent on Chaos. That's about as vague and wide open to any interpretation as it can possibly be.

I do not really feel that, given the current player-base on Independence, deliverance and exodus [the latter two peaking at +100] and that of Chaos in the seventies, that opening a NEW server is a wise choice. For this or any new venture gamewise to be viable on playing and business terms, you need to advertise. Yes a new map would draw in the throngs but only for a short while. Yes a new map is fun to explore, but it will soon become full of ramshackle sites that were deeded for a month and left because people got BORED.

Chaos, in its current state can be the PvP server within the current freedom cluster, simply by giving land owners the right to attack those they see as griefers the right to attack whilst on their land. Make it as you have envisaged already, a 'home' server with, perhaps, two warring factions. One Black-light, one White-light. It WORKED during Beta, why not now ? The borders were open on what was then called Wild yes ? Keep them open. chaos can offer the PvP fraternity [i include myself amongst them] something different from that of epic. With that old trickster hindsight though, it perhaps would have been wiser to keep wild as wild and just had P.m.K's on epic and retrieved the kingdoms on 'chaos'. But that's all 20/20, and we always slap ourselves later in life when we realise what could have been.

Seriously though, a new server now is not the way forward.

What a terrible idea.

Stop using new servers to lure people back to the game, it only works for a few months until the hype of a new map dies down. That's why I haven't played for the past 8 or so months.

Your game is broken and stale Rolf, fix the current problems first.

I agree. The last thing we need is a new server. FIX the real problems for people leaving and quit trying to hush the people trying to help you improve your game.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by KaiH, May 31, 2012 - trolling
Hidden by KaiH, May 31, 2012 - trolling

I don't think you all understand what Rolf is doing here. But I do so don't worry it is a great idea. It is a tool to better help understand the community of gamers I will not explain in any detail. You just need to trust Rolf on this Idea. It is def not to spread the low population thinner but in hopes of increasing it. There are many things you guys don't understand and I understand you don't cause you'll only looking at this from one view when there is another view behind it.

Just set tight and watch what is going to happen and in the months to come you will understand more of why he is doing this.

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Jberg, May 31, 2012 - oops, redoing kaih's hiding after misclick
Hidden by Jberg, May 31, 2012 - oops, redoing kaih's hiding after misclick

I don't think you all understand what Rolf is doing here. But I do so don't worry it is a great idea. It is a tool to better help understand the community of gamers I will not explain in any detail. You just need to trust Rolf on this Idea. It is def not to spread the low population thinner but in hopes of increasing it. There are many things you guys don't understand and I understand you don't cause you'll only looking at this from one view when there is another view behind it.

Just set tight and watch what is going to happen and in the months to come you will understand more of why he is doing this.

I think you are the one who doesnt understand this. He is doing this yes to increase the population but for how long? Making a server every time the population drops IS NOT the way of doing it. He needs to improve the game then make more servers. Fixing the major bugs that has been in this game for long, fixing pvp, and other things will make a lot of people come back to the game and actually staying rather then coming back for a month or so to experience the server then quit because its the same old game. After so many new servers the player will realize nothing is going to change so he wont come back even for a new server. Then what?

Edited by atazs

You just need to trust Rolf on this Idea.

LOL