Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Time To Nudge Chaos

well Elevation has spread pretty thin..we could always do without home servers...possibly increasing our pvp part more a bit

Apologies Rudie, Rolf if you believe this will bring back hoards of players, yes it will, but it is a very short term fix they leave soon after ... if you are going to add a new server I would suggest advertising the game more, I would suggest this anyway .. where I live (Brisbane Australia) I have met 0 people (no joke) that know what wurm online is .. I have to explain it to them and once that is done I have put them off due to my lack in persuasion ... However if you do take my suggestion and advertise more than you are in a wider range of areas be prepared to make many new servers as too little and too much population are just as bad (idk wtf Notch did but Mine craft got well known very fast and IMO is rubbish .. If whatever he did is doable by you and your team it may be worth looking into) I have done little research into how/why minecraft got big so fast so if I am completely off track ignore my comment, however wurm is too thin in players something needs to be done (no not more servers :P)

Chaos is in the freedom cluster bud
'

I know, I was trying to explain that the new server will NOT be pvp.

It's in the cluster now but when I say freedom I mean no pvp server.

Edited by Sharkin

Apologies Rudie, Rolf if you believe this will bring back hoards of players, yes it will, but it is a very short term fix they leave soon after ... if you are going to add a new server I would suggest advertising the game more, I would suggest this anyway .. where I live (Brisbane Australia) I have met 0 people (no joke) that know what wurm online is .. I have to explain it to them and once that is done I have put them off due to my lack in persuasion ... However if you do take my suggestion and advertise more than you are in a wider range of areas be prepared to make many new servers as too little and too much population are just as bad (idk wtf Notch did but Mine craft got well known very fast and IMO is rubbish .. If whatever he did is doable by you and your team it may be worth looking into) I have done little research into how/why minecraft got big so fast so if I am completely off track ignore my comment, however wurm is too thin in players something needs to be done (no not more servers :P)

i have a friend who lives in Brisbane aus...she plays wurm :P

New server? How is that going to help chaos?

I think rolf is opening a new server for PvE and turning Chaos back to PvP, I could be wrong though.

I still think another server is not what is needed.

I think rolf is opening a new server for PvE and turning Chaos back to PvP, I could be wrong though.

No, you are right. He means PvE

I just wish Rolf would merge all the Epic servers into one huge map ... forget the home servers. Get us back to Gold 1.0 Days.

I just wish Rolf would merge all the Epic servers into one huge map ... forget the home servers. Get us back to Gold 1.0 Days.

You can go to Chaos soon enough and play one huge map all day long. As far as new server's right now I think it may give a little boost during the summer time slump. At this point it really doesn't matter if Freedom gets another server. I don't understand why people think every one has to be jam packed on one map? I think more Lands and Wilderness is actually better.

Can we get a server for each character please, that sounds like a load of fun and I doubt any harm would come from splitting the playerbase up so much. I mean yay a whole server where we can do what we like yippppeeee

I can go to Chaos soon enough and play one huge map all day long all by myself . As far as new server's right now I think it may give a little boost during the summer time slump. At this point it really doesn't matter if Freedom gets another server because all is already lost anyway. I don't understand why people think every one has to be jam packed on one map? I think more Lands and Wilderness is actually better. In fact, i believe everyone should have his own server.

I can go to Chaos soon enough and play one huge map all day long all by myself . As far as new server's right now I think it may give a little boost during the summer time slump. At this point it really doesn't matter if Freedom gets another server because all is already lost anyway. I don't understand why people think every one has to be jam packed on one map? I think more Lands and Wilderness is actually better. In fact, i believe everyone should have his own server.

Superb idea.

I always enjoy virgin land being opened up but any more details? I never seem to get emails from Wurm. Where does it connect from? South of Exo? Normal freedom spawns or Exo like spawns? Details details details ... oh and make it full kingdomless PVP so I can beat up my messy neighbours. You know, if you like.

I always enjoy virgin land being opened up but any more details? I never seem to get emails from Wurm. Where does it connect from? South of Exo? Normal freedom spawns or Exo like spawns? Details details details ... oh and make it full kingdomless PVP so I can beat up my messy neighbours. You know, if you like.

1. Will most likely be east of deliverence.

2. its going to be PvE

I agree with the sentiments of several others which say that the pop of Wurm is spread too thin atm. We have plenty of servers already. Also, IMHO, Chaos is too big to facilitate PVP given the population.

EYESGOODS FORMULA FOR A GREAT PVP SERVER IN THE FREEDOM CLUSTER:

1. Make one the size of Deli and Exo

2. Make it full PVP everyone against everyone unless grouped together.

3. Place portals (like 6-10 of them) on small 5x5 server-maintained deeds where PVP is forbidden (to prevent spawn killing).

4. Make it OFF LIMITS to settlements except the spawns.

5. Place a lot of critters on it and a few uniques that RESPAWN.

6. Permit small carts to teleport to and fro (not large ones).

7. Place special portals on all the existing Freedom servers to go to this special place (randomly taking you to one of the 6-10 portals, no control on which one you land at).

8. No passage via ships. Portals only.

9. No guard towers.

10. Structures created would be vulnerable to picking and bashing.

I'm basically talking about a Jurassic Park for Wurm.

That's my suggestion on a way to get PVP going in the Freedom cluster if that is your goal, Rolf.

Edited by Eyesgood

I agree with the sentiments of several others which say that the pop of Wurm is spread too thin atm. We have plenty of servers already. Also, IMHO, Chaos is too big to facilitate PVP given the population.

EYESGOODS FORMULA FOR A GREAT PVP SERVER IN THE FREEDOM CLUSTER:

1. Make one the size of Deli and Exo

2. Make it full PVP everyone against everyone unless grouped together.

3. Place portals (like 6-10 of them) on small 5x5 server-maintained deeds where PVP is forbidden (to prevent spawn killing).

4. Make it OFF LIMITS to settlements except the spawns.

5. Place a lot of critters on it and a few uniques that RESPAWN.

6. Permit small carts to teleport to and fro (not large ones).

7. Place special portals on all the existing Freedom servers to go to this special place (randomly taking you to one of the 6-10 portals, no control on which one you land at).

That's my suggestion on a way to get PVP going in the Freedom cluster if that is your goal, Rolf.

We already have a good server for pvp, chaos that is. A new server will spready out the populaiton even more. Portals suck, and pvp-forbidden zones sucks even more. Then people can run into those places and hide.

And rolf has already told us its PvE server, so no more talk about PVP. Go to chaos.

Edited by Sharkin

1. Will most likely be east of deliverence.

2. its going to be PvE

I know, wishful thinking really but I'm due one prayer being answered this lifetime so I'll keep my fingers crossed for it.

At this rate there will be enough servers for everyone to have their own! No More Servers!

Wow! What an incredibly bad idea. We do not need another server. We are already spread to thinly across to many servers.

How is opening another pve server going to help pvp? It's not.

How is opening another pve server going to help pve? It's not.

Anyone who claims that there are no good places to settle on the pve servers obviously has not really looked around or their expectations are totally unrealistic. I see lots of great spots standing empty that tempt me to move all the time.

We need more people on wild(chaos) - not more server :)

There are two options rolf can take.

1) Make Chaos full pvp through some sort of mechanics he can code/think up.

2) Delete Chaos and replace it with a new, smaller, better terrain map with full pvp, pmk's and the like

Both of which i will be happy about.

Opening another PvE map, if anything, will harm the population, not aid it.

• Like 1

To me it doesnt really matter how many servers there are. If people want a highly populated server, they can all move to the same server. If they want to be a hermit, they can move to a deserted server. Rolf isnt making people spread out, its the players choice. I welcome a new map, options are good to me even if i may never go there.

• Like 1

. I don't understand why people think every one has to be jam packed on one map? I think more Lands and Wilderness is actually better.

It is, except that each new map spreads the community even thinner. Since we have no in-game cross-server chats, its a bad idea. In that case I would prefer one giant map for all players.

There is no need for a new Freedom server currently, when/if Rolf fixes all the issues/bugs after the timers/creations patch months ago, when we get multi-story houses, new animations, visible

armour, customizable avatars, then its time to start advertising and pump out new servers, but I would prefer if a solution for cross-server chat were implemented at some point.