Sign in to follow this  
Mailith

Wtb Ql 1,00 Sprouts

need at least 100 ql 1,00 sprouts from birchwood, cedarwood, maplewood, pinewood or oakwood, doesnt matter how many of each kind.

will pay 1s for all 100 sprouts, and i pay a little more for delivery (near copper hill in Exodus)

CLOSED THREAD

Edited by Mailith

well, im trying to test if the quality of the sprouts will affect the max ql of the grown tree, and since i couldnt find an answer from wiki or in game, i decided to buy some and make a little test.

and, btw, dont need to buy all 100 togheter, i will buy small numbers too :P

Wood ql is a function of woodcutting skill and hatchet ql isn't it?

well yes, but it seems to me that a tree cant have more than its own ql value when cutting it...

i mean, with woodcutting 22 i have cut many trees with less ql, like 14,00 or such... so i want to test it, if some1 sold me the sprouts XD

else it will only take some more time :P

I don't want to discourage you in your experiment, but sprout QL only affects the chance of planting.

The planted tree is a completely separate thing, a terrain tile to be exact - it doesn't have a ql at that time.

Cutting the tree produces a felled tree with a maximum QL of your woodcutting, hatchet ql and hatchet skill affect the chance for maximum ql at the last hit.

The myth that sprout ql affects the grow time of a tree is easily countered: each tree has multiple growth steps with a base timer per type and a random timer gets added to each step.

In short: use your best hatchet for the final hit and plant whatever sprout you can plant.

• Like 1

hmm, i see and i think what you say is correct, but even if i dont have much woodcutting skill, i noticed that some trees have a max ql value undepending from the skill lvl/hatchet lvl im using...

i mean, and im not sure about it (thats why i wanted to test it :P), that some trees are just like a cave tile, wich have a limited max ql depending on where you mine. now im not sure if this depends on the ql of the sprouts, or if it depends on too low skills, or if trees randomly have a max ql value but i thinks thats weird that with 22 woodcutting and a ql 70 hatchet i managed to cut a ql 14,00 felled tree, or a ql 9,00..

dont know if its clear enough, sorry for bad english :P

anyway the thread is closed, Deppen helped me gather most of the sprouts :D